homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-29-2005, 08:41 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

Sometimes7 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do You Think a 25" Warmoth 7 Would Be More Forgiving on a High A String?

I was thinking about the problem of using a high "A" on a 7 rather than low "B", and wondered if the reduced tension of a 25" scale (Warmoth) would help that. I'm thinking .007 gauge, but possibley an .008 (if I used a 10 set below it).
Sometimes7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-29-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You *might* get away with it, esepcially with a 10 set tuned to eb, and a .008. Of you might break them constantly...

It would be interesting to get ahold of a 24 3/4" scale seven and try stringing it up that way...
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
ss.org Regular

One of those Epi Les Paul 7's.
Unread 08-29-2005, 10:11 AM   #4
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes7
One of those Epi Les Paul 7's.
Yeah, I think the Epi V is 24.75, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Just Strings sells the GHS tremelo reinforced strings (not many places still carry these). You might want to try your luck with those, since the ball ends are heavily reinforced for Kahler users.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #6
ss.org Regular

That's a good idea, except I don't have the guitar yet, just tossing ideas around.
Unread 08-29-2005, 12:13 PM   #7
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It'd be more forgiving, but i'd suggest tuning it to DGCFADG..
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #8
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
That work out a lot better. That G is the string I snap all the time on a 12-string, but a .008 should fix that.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2005, 02:14 PM   #9
.... Your Face!

NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Ibanez AX's are 24.75 also. I might try it on mine one day.
NegaTiveXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2005, 11:13 PM   #10
iJesse

Jesse is a jewel in the rough
I was thinking of getting an 8 string in the past and having a High A and low B. that way you would have the full range of a pian-ee

http://i40.tinypic.com/34imrvb.jpg
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote