homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
BAUOOOW

006 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Loomis and the Hellraiser C7

Just got the newest issue of Guitar World, and Loomis *IS* using the Hellraiser C7. I will scan picks later tonight. I was flipping through the pages and I was like "that's my guitar!" Doesn't happen too often with the pretty uncommon axes that I own...Latah.

~006+1
006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-12-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
I like beer

aldog1330 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah, there are some good hi-res pics floating around of him from Gigantour. Seems like he even has one with a Floyd on it!! My GAS for one had died down, but after seeing those pics it is starting to flare up again!
aldog1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
BAUOOOW

Ewww a Floyd on it? I'll stick with my Tune-O-Matic and string-thru thanks, lol. Latah.

~006+1
Unread 08-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ew, yes. \m/
A Schecter w/ a floyd. Bout time \m/

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
I like beer

Here's a pic I've shamelessly stolen from Steve Smyth's website...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LoomisFloyd.jpg (59.8 KB, 136 views)
Unread 08-12-2005, 02:12 PM   #6
SS Contributor

7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldog1330

OMG!!!!
7StringofAblicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #7
I like beer

I'd like one of each...one for when I want to whammy, and one for when I don't. GAS is coming back thats for damn sure!
Unread 08-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #8
BAUOOOW

The Floyd version I have a feeling will end up being a signature guitar possibly. Mmmm it looks sexy, except for that horrid clunk of metal they call a bridge. LOL! Latah.

~006+1
Unread 08-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #9
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 006
The Floyd version I have a feeling will end up being a signature guitar possibly. Mmmm it looks sexy, except for that horrid clunk of metal they call a bridge. LOL! Latah.

~006+1
That would be sweet

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #10
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'd take one with the Floyd on it.

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 05:00 PM   #11
ss.org Regular

Incarnation is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.stevesmyth.com/NM-pics/gi...-stv-jim01.jpg

Just look at that seven!
Incarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 05:45 PM   #12
BAUOOOW

What is that black thing behind his Tune-O-Matic? Tape? Or possibly something to mute the strings behind the bridge? Odd. Latah.

~006+1
Unread 08-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #13
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 006
What is that black thing behind his Tune-O-Matic? Tape? Or possibly something to mute the strings behind the bridge? Odd. Latah.

~006+1
Looks like maybe some foam to mute the strings, a la the Christian Wolbers Jackson (after the nut). I think yer on the right track, 006. My guess.
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 07:41 PM   #14
dpm
Oni Guitars

dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.
yep, spot on that's what it is

I'm currently catching up with emails, please be patient
dpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #15
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf
Looks like maybe some foam to mute the strings, a la the Christian Wolbers Jackson (after the nut). I think yer on the right track, 006. My guess.
kinda off topic but ever see bass players who do alot of tapping who will put like a headband of elastic over the strings to lightly mute the strings? pretty cool looking
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #16
ss.org Regular

FoxMustang is a jewel in the rough
That Hellraiser w/trem is ....ing hot. Love those inlays, too. I can feel the GAS building already.

Tony
FoxMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2005, 04:07 AM   #17
ss.org Regular

Incarnation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 006

~006+1
Like The Dark Wolf said, it's foam.
Does that piece of foam mute strings or what?
Incarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2005, 11:11 AM   #18
SS Contributor

Corey Smith is on a distinguished road
Stops noise from behind the nut. Like Someone else said, Christian from Fear Factory has the exact same material on his.
Corey Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2005, 11:40 AM   #19
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldog1330
As D would say: "That is ....ing hot."

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #20
Strictly Business

swedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Now that I look at Jeff's guitar more closely on that pic, I can tell it's a custom shopper. Look at the headstock, I thought that those parts might have been aftermarket mods but the markings are clearly different. I'm thinking signature model now.
swedenuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 07:03 PM   #21
BAUOOOW

Well, the markings on the headstock are exactly the same as mine...I have the production Hellraiser C7. Only difference visibly between mine (production model) and his (most likely signature/custom) is that he has the Floyd Rose, locking nut, and the string thing like on Ibanez headstocks. Other than that it appears to be a regular Hellraiser. Latah.

~006+1
Unread 08-16-2005, 08:02 PM   #22
Strictly Business

swedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud ofswedenuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
hmm, bursting my bubble. but the pictures from the schecter site seem to show no markings on the truss rod cover, and it distinctly says daimond series below the schecter insignia. The one that Jeff is playing there has a truss rod engraving and no daimond series badge.
swedenuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 11:33 PM   #23
BAUOOOW

Well to be completely honest, it's really hard to make out if it does or doesn't say "Diamond Series" on the pic, but whatever. Secondly, my C7 has "HELLRAISER" engraved on the truss rod cover. If the "Diamond Series" badge isn't there, then it would further support my guess that it's a signature model. Custom Schecters don't use that Schecter badge, the script is different. Latah.

~006+1