homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-05-2005, 06:56 AM   #1
Seventh Circle

jackson_metal_head is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question should i buy a 7 string?

hi. at the moment i have a jackson dinky with 6 strings. i am thinking of buying a new guitar but i dont know whether to buy a 6 or 7 stringed one. my music is predomonently death and thrash metal (the like of nile, necrophagist, kreator) so should i go for a 7 string? will there be any extra learning that i will have to do or shall i just master the 6 string first? what do you guys think?

oh and i have about 1000 usd to spend so what one? preferably with a emg 707 or something similar. as i want that big chunky tone.

cheers
jackson_metal_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-05-2005, 07:02 AM   #2
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I'm not trying to be mean, but uhhhh....

Dude, you came to the Sevenstring.org website. Would it surprise you if everyone answered "Buy a 7-string, man!"???

Yeah, we're a little biased around here.

Use the search function. There are tons of threads on exactly the info your looking for. And by the way, welcome to the forum.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 07:18 AM   #3
\m/ Metal Dan \m/

XIEmperorIX is a jewel in the rough
For 1000 you can find yourself a nice 7-string (hell you might even have enough money left over to buy another 6 string :p) Of course on this forum 7's come highly reccomended

Coconut!!
XIEmperorIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #4
Cubicle Dweller

BCrowell is just really niceBCrowell is just really nice
Obviously, being here, all your really wanting is some extra assurance & backing for the desicision you've obviously already made ...so YES GO BUY A 7 STRING!!

*Image removed in fear of Chris's 133t Krom skills!
www.briancrowell.com | "Carribean Blue" on SNOCAP!
Myspace Page | YouTube Page
BCrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #5
Mr. Melody

TheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud of
YES

www.myspace.com/scottkroekermusic
TheReal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

Nats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of light
buy an RG1527
Nats is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 09:49 AM   #7
SS Contributor

Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Maybe you'd like one of these.

Ancestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 10:24 AM   #8
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ah, a COW. I really wish they hadn't painted the necks on these - and that the neck was maple. All-mahogany is probably too dark for good artculation...
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #9
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon
I'm not trying to be mean, but uhhhh....

Dude, you came to the Sevenstring.org website. Would it surprise you if everyone answered "Buy a 7-string, man!"???

Yeah, we're a little biased around here.

Use the search function. There are tons of threads on exactly the info your looking for. And by the way, welcome to the forum.

Welcome, man and good luck with getting a 7-string. I recommend an Ibanez RG 7620.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #10
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestor
Maybe you'd like one of these.

http://www.ancestorheavymetal.com/COWarch7.jpg
Woah, I'd like one of those too.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #11
SS Contributor

7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian
Ah, a COW. I really wish they hadn't painted the necks on these - and that the neck was maple. All-mahogany is probably too dark for good artculation...
arguable...
7StringofAblicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #12
ss.org Regular

7-string Sixpounder is on a distinguished road
How long have you been playing a 6-string for? I wouldn't say to anyone they should "master" the 6-string before moving on to a 7 (hell I'm the first to admit I'v got a long way to go) but it wouldn't hurt to be plenty familiar up and down the neck. Basically what i'm saying is, you'll get a hell of a lot more outa a seven if you can play comfortably and know your 6-string, if that makes any sense. So if that's the case (and it more than likely is) then HELL YES go pick up a seven string and welcome to the forums dude.

Chris
7-string Sixpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 03:57 PM   #13
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon
Buy a 7-string, man!

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 04:08 PM   #14
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yes , buy one ASAP..

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #15
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth000
Yes , buy one ASAP..
Once you get one, you'll never go back. That's a good thing.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote