homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-30-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Iceblade has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking New member of the seven string club!!! RG7621!

Hey guys,

Well, I've lurked for a little while, but finally joined you in owning at least one seven string. My ebay special, 1999 Ibanez RG7621BK came in the mail today. She sounds pretty darn good for having the non-Blaze pickups. I didn't learn about the whole Ibanez catalog being WRONG about the Blazes until AFTER I bought the guitar... but I was pleasantly surprised when I just plugged in. Anyway... I'll just be letting the new family member get used to being in my house climate and hopefully incorporate 7 string stuff into my newly started practice routine. Just wanted to say hi and feels great to be here!

Regs,
Jeff
Iceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-30-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Welcome .

Pics area required of cool 7's here.

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #3
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nice choice, I wish I had a 7621

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!

theunforgiven246 is just really nicetheunforgiven246 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i have one too! but it has a blaze custom in the bridge and stock in the neck

my girlfriend says i'm totally METAL!
balls.
theunforgiven246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
so that makes three of us! i love my RG7621.

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #6
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i want one ;D

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 08:32 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

jski7 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HateBreeder
i want one ;D
You need one . And BTW IceBlade - welcome .

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
jski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 08:56 AM   #8
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Welcome!

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 11:17 AM   #9

gojira is a jewel in the rough
those are fantastic guitars - change the pickups though -

that was the first 7 string i ever owned -

just dont let DPM near it with a blow torch.......

My parrot will kick your ass
gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

Shaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to behold
Welcome! And I'll promise you'll never leave, muahahahahahah!!

Nice choice with the guitar
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 02:43 PM   #11
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Welcome.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 07:35 PM   #12
Sojourner

Splinterhead is a glorious beacon of lightSplinterhead is a glorious beacon of lightSplinterhead is a glorious beacon of light
Greetings!
Splinterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 08:00 PM   #13
Banned

NiMH is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
so that makes three of us! i love my RG7621.
maybe four, but I'm not sure if it's a 7620 or a 7420.
NiMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 08:15 PM   #14
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Greetings, Brother of the Seven Mysteries
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 09:56 AM   #15
SS.org Regular

Thanks for the greetings, guys!

I'm actually not too unhappy with the pickups in the 7621.. at least not right this second. We'll see what I think as I get more time to play it. Same goes with stripping the neck and refinishing it with tung oil or gunstock oil like my Ibanez S540 has.

Have a good one!

Regs,
Jeff

PS - Dark Wolf... I'm a displaced Ohioan stuck in hotter than hell Houston, Texas. Good to see some Buckeye representation here on the 7string boards.
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:22 AM   #16
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Welcome!
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #17
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceblade
PS - Dark Wolf... I'm a displaced Ohioan stuck in hotter than hell Houston, Texas. Good to see some Buckeye representation here on the 7string boards.
hey! i'm from Ohio too :p

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 05:01 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

LOL... sorry, Leon... I missed your tagline on your avatar. Boy.. at that the truth. That was one of the nice things about getting the hell out of there and moving down here. No more 9 months of doom and gloom... and no friggin cold white stuff to shovel out of my driveway. On the other hand... it's cooler on the surface of the sun than it is here in Houston. Grass is always greener, as they say.... or in my case, burned to cinders.

Buckeyes UNITE!

Later,
Jeff
Unread 08-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #19
ss.org Regular

Joe_Fletcher is on a distinguished road
Well, welcome i'm pretty new too though, but what the hell I'll welcome you anyway.
Joe_Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

Thanks, Joe. Glad to be here. Hope to contribute where I can and learn LOTS from all you guys.

Regs,
Jeff
Unread 08-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #21
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceblade
Man Jeff, we've had some Houston-like weather here lately. In fact, last week, it was hotter AND more humid than Houston! (Weather channel addict ) Of course, when that was going on, I was in DC, and it was even MORE hot and humid there! (Everyday about 100, with 90% humidty. Gah.)

As an Ohioan, we either seem to love or hate winter. Me, I'm the luvin' kind. Can't wait for the white stuff and cooler temperatures. Of course, Buckeyeness 101 requires all of us to hate winter when it's still here in April (which it always is)
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote