homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree2202Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #276
Wolf Ninja

Alice AKW is just really niceAlice AKW is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasTheJazzHands View Post
I'm not sure if this is for US guitars only, but I do know a lot of them go through Schecter's USA office for setups and such.
They should. If my $400 Omen 8 went through the US setup treatment, it'd be kinda bonkers for them not to put a ~$1000 guitar through.

I'd run a shelter for abandoned bullshits. If we run out of
room, I'll say "Sorry, guys I'm completely out of room. I'm just too full of bullshit to take on
anymore. -ghstofperdition

EXTRACT VITAMIN C THROUGH PULPY MIXTURE.
DESTROY THIRST THROUGH USE OF WHITE PLASTIC
FIXTURE. -WaffleTheEpic
Alice AKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #277
ss.org Regular

Ramone is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I cannot wait for the official presentation. Let there be NAMM tomorrow=)
Ramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #278
Feast on this.

Forkface is just really niceForkface is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADAVERTOUCHER View Post
If this sig is swamp ash i will buy if it is northern ash i will pass
What if it's SAM ASH?
Forkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #279
probably drunk

flyingV is a jewel in the rough
What do you guys think, how long is it going to take for these new schecter models to be available for everyone?
flyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #280
Red Handed Riff Raff

Noisy Humbucker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingV View Post
What do you guys think, how long is it going to take for these new schecter models to be available for everyone?
I'd guess 6 months.

Also, if Keith is still reading this forum I'm wondering if you pulled the tuning up to your drop Bb (sticker on case said it was setup for drop A) and if so what gauges are you using?

No writer's block here, just a complete and utter lack of motivation to follow through.
https://soundcloud.com/cannonbeach33
Noisy Humbucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #281
probably drunk

flyingV is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisy Humbucker View Post
I'd guess 6 months.
Instant No Button! Star Wars funnies FTW!
flyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #282
SS.org Regular

Stuck_in_a_dream is just really niceStuck_in_a_dream is just really nice
Any idea when this model will be available? On Schecter's facebook page, in a comment on a different 2014 model, I was surprised that they said it'll be available for Xmas this year?!!! Usually the new models are announced in next NAMM, available 2~3 months after that.
Stuck_in_a_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #283
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Schecter usually releases their models a month or two after NAMM. The Banshee-8 is going to be released in December.
HeHasTheJazzHands is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #284
SS.org Regular

DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck_in_a_dream View Post
Any idea when this model will be available? On Schecter's facebook page, in a comment on a different 2014 model, I was surprised that they said it'll be available for Xmas this year?!!! Usually the new models are announced in next NAMM, available 2~3 months after that.
If it's the Banshee models you're talking about, maybe. But I highly doubt this KM7 guitar will be launched that soon. I'm supposed to be getting the 2nd run of prototypes (which will likely be the final version) at the end of the month. It's supposed to be released at NAMM, which means it would be shipping around February. I suppose it's possible that it would be sooner, but I'm not sure.

Just another little FYI, there will be a few options/variations of the KM7 guitar available. The core design of the guitar will be the same, however. But, there will be something for pretty much everyone. Stoked for you guys to see what's headed this way.

I've been tracking an album with the prototype, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's such a great playing guitar. It's exciting to think that the final version will be even better than this first one after a couple small adjustments. I've let a few close guitarist buddies play it, and they all think that it's easily the best Schecter to date, and will be one of the coolest options for a mid-priced 7. I'd have to agree!
DIOBOLIC5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #285
That one dude...

dedsouth333 is a name known to alldedsouth333 is a name known to alldedsouth333 is a name known to alldedsouth333 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
My kid is due in February so that kicks ass! I'll just have to get one to commemorate her birth
MAJ Meadows SF and Chuck like this.
dedsouth333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #286
SS.org Regular

Erick Kroenen is a jewel in the rough
Nice to know that they will offer KM7 with variations
any words on a KM8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIOBOLIC5150 View Post
If it's the Banshee models you're talking about, maybe. But I highly doubt this KM7 guitar will be launched that soon. I'm supposed to be getting the 2nd run of prototypes (which will likely be the final version) at the end of the month. It's supposed to be released at NAMM, which means it would be shipping around February. I suppose it's possible that it would be sooner, but I'm not sure.

Just another little FYI, there will be a few options/variations of the KM7 guitar available. The core design of the guitar will be the same, however. But, there will be something for pretty much everyone. Stoked for you guys to see what's headed this way.

I've been tracking an album with the prototype, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's such a great playing guitar. It's exciting to think that the final version will be even better than this first one after a couple small adjustments. I've let a few close guitarist buddies play it, and they all think that it's easily the best Schecter to date, and will be one of the coolest options for a mid-priced 7. I'd have to agree!

XEN-HDC8
Erick Kroenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #287
SS.org Regular

DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Kroenen View Post
Nice to know that the will offer KM7 with variations
any words on a KM8?
We'll just have to wait and see
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #288
That one dude...

dedsouth333 is a name known to alldedsouth333 is a name known to alldedsouth333 is a name known to alldedsouth333 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
... or possibly 2
dedsouth333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #289
SCHECTERCOLLECTOR

CADAVERTOUCHER is headed in the right direction.
Quote:

I hope maple board is a option
CADAVERTOUCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #290
Red Handed Riff Raff

Can't imagine this would be terribly popular....but....if there was a variation with a dark rosewood board and a Pegasus-you could stick a fork in me 'cause I'd be done.

No writer's block here, just a complete and utter lack of motivation to follow through.
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #291
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
I think this is the first guitar I've thought I had to buy since I joined the site. I've started getting that GAS feeling, you know, the fluttering heartbeat, the constant daydreaming of playing it, and the half-assed plans to come up with the money?

I've never seen a sig so well matched to whatever passes for a consensus in the seven-string world, especially not from Schecter. I know they've had a few popular sigs, but I suspect this one will outdo them in popularity given enough time.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 04:02 AM   #292
SS.org Regular

wilch is just really nicewilch is just really nice
I'm quietly hoping for an Evertune and the ability for somewhere to ship to Aus.
wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #293
Vaya Con Cornholio

Pikka Bird is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisy Humbucker View Post
Can't imagine this would be terribly popular....but....if there was a variation with a dark rosewood board and a Pegasus-you could stick a fork in me 'cause I'd be done.
Isn't the Pegasus supposed to be an option?
Pikka Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #294
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
I'm supposed to be getting the 2nd run of prototypes (which will likely be the final version) at the end of the month.
Would you mind being super-awesome and posting up a picture of the original proto next to the 2nd run so we would all be able to see the changes made to the more finalized version please, Keith? Me love you LONG TIME!!!! As I said previously in the thread, I'm really not playing the only 7 I have anymore, but honestly I LOVE the specs of this thing, I don't have any ash-bodied guitars and just about everything ticks a box for things I dig or feel would be useful to me, even with the bonus string. Curious to see the model options, but pretty sure I'll end up with one of these.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #295
Ibaninja

Damo707 will become famous soon enough
id do that guitar..
Charvel7string likes this.
Damo707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #296
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Quote:

Oh, you tease.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #297
Red Handed Riff Raff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikka Bird View Post
Isn't the Pegasus supposed to be an option?
Sounds like his "default" model will have the Nazgul, beyond that it's anybody's guess right now.

Unread 11-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #298
7 string Baritones

HaloHat is just really niceHaloHat is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
pics or gtfo!
ack, really gonna make me do that eh? That is the one thing I don't like about ss.org but I do understand why they make us do it. Ok fine, when I get home tonight I'll photo6ucket and post em up. what a pita haha...

Home. As this is Keith's Sig thread its probably not cool to post pix of my Schecter guitars, not what the thread is about etc. I looked on this hard drive [new laptop couple weeks ago which you can verify by my posts about my new laptop in the "Recording Studio" thread a couple weeks ago lol] and I have 5 of my old Schecters including my 2006 Loomis which I have sitting next to me now on this drive. I could probably dig another 5-8 off the old drive if ya just gotta see 'em. I'd have to really think how many I had that I don't have pix of. I grew up in North Hollywood and first heard of Schecter about umm... about 1977.
So if you want to see the pix PM me and I'll email them to you. My Loomis, which I refinished, has before and after pix in the "Loomis Brotherhood" thread. I'ts blue now lol.
HaloHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #299
7 string Baritones

HaloHat is just really niceHaloHat is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
on the 7 string options, if available [probably buying it as is anyways though]

Sustainer neck pu please

3 over 4 head stock

No Inlays

OFR or best wiggle stick we can get out of Schecter on this model [a low pro would kill]
HaloHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #300
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloHat View Post
on the 7 string options, if available [probably buying it as is anyways though]

Sustainer neck pu please

3 over 4 head stock

No Inlays

OFR or best wiggle stick we can get out of Schecter on this model [a low pro would kill]
But those aren't the specs that I had in mind for my guitar . Safe to say you'll probably see an OFR version, but probably not those other things. They have other models that are close to what you described, I believe.

I appreciate hearing everyone's requests on what I should change, but I'm very happy with it how it is now, and I think that's important. If it's not exactly what I want in a guitar, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a signature instrument. I wouldn't feel good about it if I didn't totally love the design and spec. I know it's not perfect for everyone, but I'm stoked on it, and I think it'll make some players happy. I'm looking forward to it!

If you had a sig guitar, what specs would you choose? I'll tell you what... it was the easiest thing to dream up, and the hardest thing to actually commit to. I actually lost sleep while thinking of the possibilities. In the end, I kept it pretty simple. Glad I did, because I'm very happy with the result!