homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree155Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #26
Bring the gain

MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Too many bands on this company's jock because they obviously give away guitars all the time. I mean, good for them, but I don't see these flying off the shelves any time soon.

And that headstock...

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #27
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post
>Shadows Fall
>Anthrax
>Joshua Travis
>lolkay
Anthrax are only on there because of Donais who is touring with them. Donais isn't exactly known for sticking with guitar companies, just ask Washburn, ESP, and B.C. Rich.

Putting a big ol' Anthrax logo is crazy misleading, as the long time actual members aren't leaving their respective companies.

As for Josh Travis, had to pick an endorsement quick after Strictly 7 went pear shaped.

Has anyone here seen one in the wild, a Legator that is? They're asking Suhr custom money for some of their guitars with "three piece bodies".

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #28
New Age Bogan

DeadWeight will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love the purple one, but dat reverse headstock on the green one...

---------------------------------------------
The things you own end up owning you
DeadWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #29
SS.org Regular

iamthefonz has a spectacular aura about
Anybody else think it's really suspicious how we still don't know how much any of these things cost? For a company trying to get itself out there, they should really start talking about the price of their products...
Hemorrhage likes this.
iamthefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
Do You Even Riff?

SoItGoesRVA is a jewel in the rough
So umm... What's everyone's gripe with the headstock?

I think they look good. Not great, but solid. I'd love to try one out, but that's mainly because I'm a huge Donais fan.

No glam, all slam
SoItGoesRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #31
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthefonz View Post
Anybody else think it's really suspicious how we still don't know how much any of these things cost? For a company trying to get itself out there, they should really start talking about the price of their products...
Ummm......

Abraxas Guitars Authorized Peerless Preferred Dealer Abraxas Guitars - USA's #1 Legator Guitar Store

First link from the Legator website under the "Dealers" tab. Granted, it's the only one out of three from the listed dealers that actually has Legator stuff in inventory.

Though, from the looks of it, Abraxas is Legator.

Like I said, they're asking Suhr/Anderson/Jackson CS/J.Custom prices for some stuff.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #32
!@#$?!

s_k_mullins is shredding to new heights.s_k_mullins is shredding to new heights.s_k_mullins is shredding to new heights.s_k_mullins is shredding to new heights.s_k_mullins is shredding to new heights.s_k_mullins is shredding to new heights.s_k_mullins is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah, not appealing at all. I've seen nothing of interest from this company so far.

Also, a new company emerges onto the scene from nowhere, then starts throwing out endorsements to metal guitarists to gain notoriety for their guitars.
Haven't we all seen this story before?

PRS Mark Tremonti 10-top
Music Man John Petrucci JPX6 (Ltd Ed w/ roasted neck
)
Music Man John Petrucci JPX6 (PDN sparkle finish)
Ibanez JBM100 Jake Bowen sig
ESP Eclipse II Standard Series

G&L ASAT Classic

Ibanez Prestige RG3250MZ
Gibson Thunderhorse Explorer

Ibanez Premium RG920QM

PRS SE Mike Mushok sig baritone

EVH 5150 III -> Mesa Rectifier 212
Fender Super-Sonic 112 combo
s_k_mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #33
SS.org Regular

arcadia fades is a glorious beacon of lightarcadia fades is a glorious beacon of lightarcadia fades is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Lee from born of osiris is meant to be using an 8 string one of these... oh dear
arcadia fades is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #34
Gravity is Shifting!

JEngelking is a splendid one to beholdJEngelking is a splendid one to beholdJEngelking is a splendid one to beholdJEngelking is a splendid one to beholdJEngelking is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think they both look good aesthetically, particularly the burst one. I, too, get a bit of a "cheap" vibe from them, but to each his own. If the dudes in Reflections, like them, more power to 'em. They're solid players in my book. Legator's still not my first choice if I were to get a custom built though.

And I do like Reflections, though I will agree that The Fantasy Effect wasn't flattering in its sound, to say the least.
JEngelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #35
SS.org Regular

iamthefonz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
Ummm......

Abraxas Guitars Authorized Peerless Preferred Dealer Abraxas Guitars - USA's #1 Legator Guitar Store

First link from the Legator website under the "Dealers" tab. Granted, it's the only one out of three from the listed dealers that actually has Legator stuff in inventory.

Though, from the looks of it, Abraxas is Legator.

Like I said, they're asking Suhr/Anderson/Jackson CS/J.Custom prices for some stuff.
So there's only one dealer stocking them, and they're charging that much?

I guess we'll have to wait for someone who's not an endorsee to take a chance on one of these, but from the looks of things, I doubt the build quality matches the price. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, as there are some interesting models there.
iamthefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #36
Kane's Bane

Danukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to behold
Sorry if I offend anyone but these just aren't that appealing. The pictures almost look like a guitar builder. I'd love to see some nice, HD, sunlight pictures.
Danukenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #37
No like the floppy

Floppystrings is just really niceFloppystrings is just really nice
I have never seen a $4000 guitar that looked like a $210 Chinese guitar until now.
Floppystrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #38
_(:3 」∠)_

silverabyss is just really nicesilverabyss is just really nice
Not feeling it

Expect a meltdown and drama in 6 months
Hemorrhage likes this.
silverabyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #39
Gravity is Shifting!

JEngelking is a splendid one to beholdJEngelking is a splendid one to beholdJEngelking is a splendid one to beholdJEngelking is a splendid one to beholdJEngelking is a splendid one to behold
Also meant to say: pickup rings =

Plus it doesn't really help the cheap $200 vibes everyone seems to be getting IMO.
Hemorrhage and edonmelon like this.
JEngelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:29 AM   #40
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
Company I've never heard of endorsing band I've never heard of?

this is getting old
K3V1N SHR3DZ likes this.
-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:33 AM   #41
SS.org Regular

RickSchneider is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Agree with above, if the pickup rings weren't there I could maybe see some decency in these guitars, but they just look like beginner ESP's/Schecters with the pickup rings/uncovered pickups combo. Also the price seems steep for what they are - depending how good their own custom pickups actually are.

Also on topic of endorsements, my mate (who is a great guitarist, mind you) hit them up and they said they could shed about 600 off the Ninja 350 Pro, and his band only just released their first EP with about 1,600 fans, and located in Australia.

Kind of seems like they're happy to get any names on their list if they can, but props to them for picking up pretty decent names thus far. It will be interesting to see how they go in the coming months and years
RickSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #42
Growing my hair..

Rojne is just really niceRojne is just really nice
They look cheap in my eyes!

yeah
Rojne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #43
ss.org Regular

woodenheart is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
not my cup of tea as well but damn they seem to sound good as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xD0fOgUCcs
woodenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #44
7 heaven

patata can only hope to improve
I'll probably get negative rep. because some people here are butthurt as .... but here are my two cents:

Reflections

They seem like they have nothing to give.Nothing original at least.It is downtuned djent.Not even progressive,progressive metal progresses,this is the same shit in every song.A breakdown,a breakdown with a rhythm with a cymbal smashing every two beats and maybe a lead on top,a ''solo'',and then an outro riff.It's generic.Talent,but only on the techinical part,maybe.Creativity,hell no.Even the name sounds generic and gay as .....

Legator guitars

It's like if agile added some more touches to their already existing models.Nothing creative there either.They also,to my eyes,look cheap as hell.Especially their signature models.They are exactly like their regular series with maybe a top wood or different hardware color.Maybe the artist wanted it this way but they look damn cheap.They don't have anything original.I mean,an RGA shape with an agile headstock with slight different changes on the edges,TOM and Floyd rose.10 years before they could have been a success,now everyone sells the same shit.

also,wtf is this shit

Randy, Curt, Rojne and 4 others like this.

''Two guitars are better than one,it's twice the fun''

My low-fi electronic project!
patata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #45
SS.org Regular

Just A Box is just really niceJust A Box is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Actually thought initially that they were a new line from Rondo.

Maybe it's me, but am I the only one who hates pickup rings on guitars? How much better would both of these guitars look if they had direct mounted pickups? If its got a pick guard, sure. Nothing worse than plastic covering up good wood.

MAXOFMETAL: It's okay, words are funny. While I see how you could have thought that I meant "ignorant" in the form of, "Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.", when in actuality I meant it as "Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular", which is far from an offence.

I'm sorry you're being so defensive.
Just A Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #46
Onirica Guitars Fan

Zado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to behold
Not a fan of the design.Jamaican burst is somehow nice though.

The guy totally unable to get good rep

And with an unlimited gassing list, but very limited cash.
Zado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #47
Hipster Jesus

Tjore is just really niceTjore is just really nice
Legator seems kinda shady. Nobody has heard of them before, and they're just endorsing a bunch of guys like crazy, probbably giving the big ones an incredibly awesome deal, like a free guitar whenever they want one or something like that. So shady... please, someone on the forum, try one out for us and tell us how it sounded, felt etc. I imagine these to feel and sound very cheap...
And please, don't be endorsed or anything, haha, who knows how many people they've endorsed by now..

Check out my Soundcloud, it's pretty swell!!
Tjore on Soundcloud
My Youtube too!
(RIP Edd Gould)
Tjore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #48
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Legator Endorsee: "Yeah dude, guitar is great. Built solid and plays like better. Totally worth the $4k that I didn't have to pay."

Six Months Later: "No, that guitar had a whole load of problems. Bad frets, neck warping... wormholes... this other $4k guitar from the brand I'm endorsing now is TOTALLY way better than that other guitar ever was."

...and the cycle repeats...

Anyone remember this thread? It's the ultimate cautionary tale regarding getting in bed with a new company that hasn't established a reputation yet for build quality or ethical business practices.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!

Last edited by Xaios; 06-18-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Xaios is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #49
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Now I'm simply on the outside looking in and have no knowledge of the company but I would assume it was a group of people looking to start up a guitar company and purchased several models from an overseas company to use as their own. And as with any brand trying to build hype they flood the market with new signings and by signings I mean people who get free guitars in exchange for them to use a photo of them on their artist page.

themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #50
ss.org Regular

jgaul79 will become famous soon enough
Was this mentioned?
jgaul79 is offline   Reply With Quote