homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

View Poll Results: Favorite PRS SE CU 7 Color?
Vintage Sunburst 105 61.05%
Royal Blue 77 44.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1147Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-31-2012, 12:19 AM   #126
SS.org Regular

NeoTheMaggot is just really niceNeoTheMaggot is just really nice
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
It just sank in for me, I will be getting one of these. I've always wanted a PRS and until I have the dough for one of those 25th anniversary swamp ash specials, a 7 string SE will be perfect, all the SE's I've played had very comfy and sounded great. I tried a buddy's sterling out once time and the neck on that was awfully comfy as well, so I'm sure a sterling maybe a potential option for me in the future, but the PRS definitly takes priority.
NeoTheMaggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-31-2012, 03:48 AM   #127
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Here's to hoping Emil's custom model will have the white finish. Doubtful but one can dream.
Adeamus and NUTSguitarchannel like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 04:09 AM   #128
SS Contributor

elrrek is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriel View Post
I hate Ibanez 6 string necks. But when it turns to 7 string, it instantly turns into one of the most comfortable necks I have ever held.

This could probably happen to you too, so you shouldn't shoot the idea of owning one out the window so early. I guess the "try it out first" suggestion would work well here as well.
Point taken, but the "wide thin" SE necks feel like a piece of paper to me which is not cool. The Akerfeldt was a nice chunky neck but I doubt that is going to make it onto an SE 7 string.

Hey look out! It's an opinion! WTF?!?

at war with false noise records
elrrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #129
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrrek View Post
The Akerfeldt was a nice chunky neck but I doubt that is going to make it onto an SE 7 string.
No trem but the ARZ307 is otherwise somewhat similar to the Akerfeldt and has a nice chunky neck.
troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #130
A Viking

The Norsemen is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lefties will no doubt be left out of this one too.
That's cool for all of you guys though.

I'm Tyler. Often times I'll have a hard time accurately conveying what I'm trying to say. My Bad.
If you prefer to ditch the sub-genres and cores and listen to Metal.
Give my band Crepitus a listen.
Metal with Black, Death, and Thrash influences. Yes it can be that easy.

Crepitus Facebook Page
Join the Crepi-Crew!
Crepitus Youtube Channel
The Norsemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 06:10 AM   #131
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m1ke View Post
I'm sorry - did PRS just announce a long awaited 7 string guitar and we're wishing it was already something else? That's like finally solving world hunger buttttttttt wishing the food came in different flavors
It is Sevenstring.org, after all. People don't even know the specs yet and the spec bitching has already begun.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 06:14 AM   #132
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainArt View Post
It is Sevenstring.org, after all. People don't even know the specs yet and the spec bitching has already begun.
I was just typing up the same thing! No one knows what the neck profile is labeled, much less how it feels, but they're already complaining about it!

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Thorn, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #133
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
I was just typing up the same thing! No one knows what the neck profile is labeled, much less how it feels, but they're already complaining about it!
Great minds, eh?
HighGain510 likes this.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #134
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainArt View Post
Great minds, eh?
You know it, brother!

2013 could be shaping up to be a great year for 7-stringers! New PRS 7-string, maybe a Carvin 7 CT model too? Lots more choices for us is ALWAYS a great thing! I'm excited to see if they're giving this one the slightly carved top like they did with the Custom 24 SE model this year. If they do, I'm likely in for one regardless of how little I've been playing my 7's lately. I'm also in the crowd hoping the neck carve isn't a super-skinny WT for the sake of my joints, but if it's comfortable enough I'll be happy.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Thorn, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #135
SS Contributor

elrrek is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
No trem but the ARZ307 is otherwise somewhat similar to the Akerfeldt and has a nice chunky neck.
Good suggestion but I tried it as well and it just didn't leave an impression.

I am waiting to see if any of the X series Jacksons turn up in a store near me, but to be honest, I expect this PRS SE will before that happens :/ Which is fine because I want to check it out when it arrives because something I don't have yet is an SE.

Like I need a new guitar anyway :P

Hey look out! It's an opinion! WTF?!?

at war with false noise records
elrrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #136
Drunken Scot

slowro is a jewel in the rough
Inb4 "We want a PRS SE 8 string" thread appears

soundcloud
METAL and my noisescape/soundtrack synth project si0ns

YouTube coming soon

'Y'all can't drink at work! this ain't a sawmill'
slowro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #137
SS.org Regular

Dayviewer is a jewel in the rough
Was still wondering what my first 7 was going to be but yea now i know

Debut album in the works! http://youtu.be/JYQbSc1BcWQ

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iamdayviewer
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/iamdayviewer
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/dayviewer
Bandcamp: http://dayviewer.bandcamp.com/

Ibanez S8QM
PRS SE Singlecut Tobacco Burst
Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass V Satin Black
Positive Grid BIAS & Jamup Pro XT
Dayviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #138
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If I hadn't snapped up my Hawker already, I'd be all over this.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #139
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I think you have some time to sell the hawker

themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #140
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Who are you kidding, Mr. "I WANT A PRS 7" for years now?
I have no doubt that as soon as pics drop of an actual SE 7, the Hawker will either be sold or become the backup fiddle.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #141
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Quote:
I think you have some time to sell the hawker
It was routed for EMGs, no one will want it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Who are you kidding, Mr. "I WANT A PRS 7" for years now?
I have no doubt that as soon as pics drop of an actual SE 7, the Hawker will either be sold or become the backup fiddle.
You may have a point, Shannon. We'll see what this badboy looks like.
themike likes this.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #142
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
You may have a point, Shannon. We'll see what this badboy looks like.
Oh sir, I know da tr00f.
I've played a USA PRS 7 & if the SE is anything close to that, it will be the best <$1K 7-string out there.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #143
ALL HAIL DJOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Oh sir, I know da tr00f.
I've played a USA PRS 7 & if the SE is anything close to that, it will be the best <$1K 7-string out there.
Score, now I'm stoked.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Unread 08-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #144
SS.org Regular

absolutorigin is just really niceabsolutorigin is just really nice
I'm pretty stoked about these.
absolutorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #145
JonOrBattleship

TheOrangeChannel is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I would imagine it will be 25'' and, for the most part, . Either way I can't wait, the SE CU24 is gorgeous and I imagine this model will be too.

http://www.gear-vault.com/wp-content...tar-review.jpg
The newer ones with the carve top and the knife switch are nicer....
TheOrangeChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #146
SS.org Regular

infernalservice has much to be proud ofinfernalservice has much to be proud ofinfernalservice has much to be proud ofinfernalservice has much to be proud ofinfernalservice has much to be proud ofinfernalservice has much to be proud ofinfernalservice has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
As far as specs go, I think it comes stock with a boner inducer circuit.

I love the fact that this is finally happening. Hopefully an Emil sig model (6 or 7) is in the works. Dude deserves it.
infernalservice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #147
ss.org Regular

Vairish is a jewel in the rough
Did a quick 5 min photoshop to see how a 7 string SE might look:

I really want one now.
Vairish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #148
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^ If that's it I will certainly be buying one.

Just saw Dave Weiner playing one of his PRS 7's last night with Vai and it reinforced my want for one of these.
brutalwizard likes this.
troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #149
The White-Knuckler

Philligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud of
I'm planning on buying one of these when it comes out, and I wouldn't change a single thing from that shop

My Flickr.

"it blowed the emg's in the dirt" - De Vries

"Richlite is to Paper Mache as Carbon Composite is to charcoal briquettes." - Max
Philligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #150
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Only thing I would do is swap the bridge to a Hipshot style since I hate trems and it's nearly identical to the PRS bridge aesthetically, but aside from that it's definitely what a PRS SE-7 should be

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote