homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
New Seven Day. Saber content.

Well it's been a while since I've had a 7, plus I've had some major S Series GAS lately. So I got a great deal on this from my buddy Adam. It looks brand new. Honestly the quality IMO is far better than that of my RG premium. No obvious flaws I can find. Having a Loomis kind of got me out of 7's, but feeling the Ibby 7 string neck makes me remember why I used to love 7's. The bridge pickup tone is the best I have heard. Tight crushing and brutal. Well obviously the guitars only flaw is it's lack of a bridge pickup. You can see what I have in store for it in the last pic. It is getting a Evo7 in the bridge and a PAF7 in the neck. The neck pickup in it now is likely a Liquifire, but I'm not positive. I will likely sell it if I like the PAF. On to the pics.

Randy, apiss, setsuna7 and 2 others like this.
yellowv is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

broj15 is just really nicebroj15 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I love ibby sabers, especially 7 strings. It will look great with the new new hard ware on it. Happy NGD.

"It's all jagged and jaded, but it suits us. We just fake it through."
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
(((Ω)))

simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Now I'm lusting for one of those. Thanks, dude.

Happy NGD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
Honestly the quality IMO is far better than that of my RG premium.
You sure that this is not just a honeymoon phase thing?
simonXsludge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitsøn View Post

You sure that this is not just a honeymoon phase thing?
Nope the finish work on the RGXX1's is piss poor.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
You just playing jazz on that thing...?
yellowv, Elijah, Don Vito and 1 others like this.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Thorn, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
Yes, pancakes.

simulclass83 is just really nicesimulclass83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It's like an anti-Meshuggah guitar.
trianglebutt likes this.
simulclass83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
How's the neck dive on these?
troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
The body is Mahogany, so that isn't an issue.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Eh, my ARZ307 is mahogany too and has insane dive. The S series (and my AR) is balanced for a 6-string, 22 fret neck. They take the same body and put a ~17% heavier neck on it and move it out to accommodate the extra 2 frets which kills balance on a lot of stuff. Maybe they changed up a few things enough to fix it, but more often than not I've seen 7-strings have far worse balance than a 6-string version of the same guitar.
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
I had the old S7420 flame top model and Joe's new guitar here and I didn't have any problems. What you're saying makes sense, but I figure that the neck on your AR is probably a bit heavier than those on the S7420

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Djazz
BabUShka and kylendm like this.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
The bridge pickup tone is the best I have heard. Tight crushing and brutal. Well obviously the guitars only flaw is it's lack of a bridge pickup.

Nice guitar! Ibanez needs more ZR trems in other models (not Edge Zero!)
iron blast likes this.

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #13
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I really love it. In fact I demand pics with the bridge pup in

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
ShadyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMB13 View Post

Nice guitar! Ibanez needs more ZR trems in other models (not Edge Zero!)
It's BKP's newest model. They actually wind it so tight that it reduces the entire pickup to a point-mass.

Djenty as .....
Unread 04-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Turd Ferguson

OK so I need opinions. I got a great deal on a set of Dimarzio's. Problem is one is zebra and one is reverse Zebra. I was planning on just flipping the EVO as it really doesn't sound any different either way around. However I wasn't thinking about the fact that it would mess things up with the in between positions on the 5 way switch. So my only real option is to run them both the right way around which puts both top coils as green and both bottom coils black, which is not the normal way of having zebra pickups. I think it will still look ok, but want some reinforcement. What do you guys think?
Normal Zebra

Reverse Zebra

Retarded Zebra (how I'm gonna have to run it)
Unread 04-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #16
The Armada

Me rikey.
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

I think retarded zebra is fine, and a cool name
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
ss.org Regular

Matt 7 is on a distinguished road
mmm sexy! Congrats
Matt 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #19
Turd Ferguson

Well I have figured out I can run tham in reverse zebra just have to get the wiring sorted. If any wiring gurus can help I am going to post a diagram in the pickup section.
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

RuffeDK is a jewel in the rough
Smooth. I'd say put some white BKPs in there your call, but I like it !

HNGD
RuffeDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

metale is a jewel in the rough
Retarded zebra is how Slash has the AFD LP.
metale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
Turd Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffeDK View Post
Smooth. I'd say put some white BKPs in there your call, but I like it !

HNGD
Been there, done that with BKP's. Perfectly happy with Dimarzio's and an extra $200 in my pocket.
BrainArt likes this.
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #23
Turd Ferguson

And the madness begins. Mounted the pickups and cleaned the board and frets. Now to wire it up tomorrow.
Guitarman700 likes this.
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #24
Come at me bro

Django has a spectacular aura about
I have one just liike this, mine is fitted with a Liquifire and Crunch Lab. I must honestly say that mine plays better than most Prestiges I have played.
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #25
angel sword guardian

M3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to all
very nice.....congrats!

from texas or live here? check in ---> http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off...ers-check.html

I always thought Cliff getting killed instead of Lars was like John Lennon getting killed instead of Yoko - MJS
M3CHK1LLA is offline   Reply With Quote