homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #26
SS.org Regular

x666charlie666x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillDfx View Post
How dare you! Why would you use a Potato to photograph this!!?
I demand MoAr BetTaR!!!

Pls <3
i apologise! i have an iphone 4, the photos will be better tomorrow, the camera on the iphone seems to be 100x times better without the flash
WillDfx likes this.

'Get some speakers to experiment with, or some cables, booze, drugs, guitars...you know, musician stuff that can actually effect your tone.' Moolaka
x666charlie666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #27
EST. 1988

Jesse7 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
very cool!
Jesse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #28
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy, GTailly, s4tch and 3 others like this.

'Get some speakers to experiment with, or some cables, booze, drugs, guitars...you know, musician stuff that can actually effect your tone.' Moolaka
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
SS.org Regular

SkullCrusher is a glorious beacon of lightSkullCrusher is a glorious beacon of lightSkullCrusher is a glorious beacon of light
Hey look a local!

fooking swete siggery

Mayones Regius MM CW

EVH 5150 (50 watt, Mexico)
Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (V30s)
SkullCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #30
ss.org Regular

implicit is on a distinguished road
that spalt looks soo good. hngd man
implicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #31
Land of Ice and Snow

faceforward_007 is a jewel in the rough
Man, happy NGD!! That top looks awesome, and fretboard, and body, all the wood choices are exceptional!
faceforward_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #32
Go meat!

littledoc is a glorious beacon of lightlittledoc is a glorious beacon of lightlittledoc is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Hot damn, that's purdy. Never seen that bridge, either.
littledoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #33
SS.org Regular

Koop is a jewel in the rough
Now that's a Spalted top! Gat Damn!
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #34
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledoc View Post

Hot damn, that's purdy. Never seen that bridge, either.
its an abm fixed bridge, the luthier had trouble getting hold of a hipshot and i heard good things about the abm so i choose it, its an amazing bridge, yeah its more expensive than the hipshot but it does everything i need it to do very well

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceforward_007 View Post
Man, happy NGD!! That top looks awesome, and fretboard, and body, all the wood choices are exceptional!

cheers man! i looked at different customs other people had, looked through peripherys guitars etc and choose the different woods i liked and went from their, im loving the mahogany on the back, just looks so elegant and classy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zado View Post
really lovely guitar man,congrats!

How many times bettar than the ATX on the back?
its a completely different guitar really, the atx has higher output pickups so its ideally suited for the heavier side of things, i found the neck pickup on the atx very bland for solos though, where as the siggery can pretty much to anything, the cleans on the atx were good but sounded quite sterile, where as the siggery just sings, the pickups are also extremely articulate even with lots of gain

Unread 04-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #35
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wow, just noticed how long of a row that is of knobs and switches - he almost made it all the way up to the horn

themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #36
SS.org Regular

Maniacal is a name known to allManiacal is a name known to allManiacal is a name known to allManiacal is a name known to all
Gorgeous Siggery, can't wait for mine!

Books, posters, play along lessons and apps!

I teach on Skype - If you purchased my books, first lesson is free!

http://www.shredtraining.com

Please subscribe to my YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/shredtraining
Maniacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #37
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m1ke View Post
Wow, just noticed how long of a row that is of knobs and switches - he almost made it all the way up to the horn
well i wanted the pickup selector close to my strumming hand for easier pickup switching, also a killswitch for in between songs etc,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
Gorgeous Siggery, can't wait for mine!
you will not be disappointed!

Unread 04-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #38
SS.org Regular

warhead78 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Damn, even the control cavity cover is sexy!
warhead78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #39
SS.org Regular

travis bickle is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wow, that is sexy.

Great transactions with 7stringsofhate, traitorseyes, toiletstand, roodboy, toupatroopa, erock, smith10210

BRJ Hesperian 727
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Axe-Fx Ultra
Mesa Boogie 2:90
Emperor Oversized 4x12's

the sheltering sky

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Th...02594896481988

http://theshelteringsky.bandcamp.com...ucts-the-light

candiria

https://www.facebook.com/candiria
travis bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #40
10th Degree GearSlut

2ManyShoes is a jewel in the rough

Wow, that spalted cap is insane. I wish Marty would answer the e-mail I sent him a week ago about a quote.
2ManyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #41
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Gorgeous guitar and I really like the cavity cover design.

Mixed feelings about how closely they're following the designs of other companies and putting their name on it.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #42
ralugeR gro.ss

Ayo7e will become famous soon enough
I think that if you want a Blackmachine or a Bernie Rico, you will buy a BM or a BRJr, I can't see where is the problem. And Siggerys are full custom, he's not selling any BM or BRJr copy.
WillDfx likes this.

Siggery 7 (incoming).
Ayo7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #43
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Gorgeous guitar and I really like the cavity cover design.

Mixed feelings about how closely they're following the designs of other companies and putting their name on it.
i understand your dilemma, but the way i look at it is, i can tell its not a bernie rico, he's not trying to pass it off as a bernie rico, the only thing which is similar to a bernie rico is the headstock, and thats because i really like bernie rico headstocks (which are similar to caparison's) i also like blackmachines headstocks (which are similar to parkers),

there's going to be similarities between guitar makers, especially as the number of luthiers increases, just as long as they arent trying to sell it as another company then i have no problem
AxeHappy, WillDfx and Ayo7e like this.

Unread 04-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #44
Kane's Bane

Danukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to behold
I don't think there is any issue with what Siggery is doing. It's first worth noting that copying of guitar shapes has always existed and that the market for Siggery is not the same as BM or BRJ.

Siggery is making guitars for the people that can't afford a Bernie Rico Jr. or BM. His guitars are not of the same caliber because of that reduction. Different markets, they are not likely to tread on each other. He also never claimed the shape was his, sure he gave it a different name but far from claiming it's his.

IDK if it's people that are just upset to see lower price copies of their favorite guitar. Or if this is somehow in the same league as that company, Blackhart (or whatever it was.)

In the end, I an get a BM shape with out Doug's bullshit marketing mindgames.
Ayo7e likes this.
Danukenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #45
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danukenator View Post
I don't think there is any issue with what Siggery is doing. It's first worth noting that copying of guitar shapes has always existed and that the market for Siggery is not the same as BM or BRJ.

Siggery is making guitars for the people that can't afford a Bernie Rico Jr. or BM. His guitars are not of the same caliber because of that reduction. Different markets, they are not likely to tread on each other. He also never claimed the shape was his, sure he gave it a different name but far from claiming it's his.

IDK if it's people that are just upset to see lower price copies of their favorite guitar. Or if this is somehow in the same league as that company, Blackhart (or whatever it was.)

In the end, I an get a BM shape with out Doug's bullshit marketing mindgames.
you cant say that the guitar is lower caliber purely because of the price, everyone knows of products which are ridicuslously high priced but turn out to be shit, and everyone knows of products which have a low price but are actually good. The price which is set is purely determined by the luthier, whether the luthier charges 4k or 2k depends on what they feel is fair to charge
AxeHappy likes this.

Unread 04-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #46
Kane's Bane

Danukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by x666charlie666x View Post
you cant say that the guitar is lower caliber purely because of the price, everyone knows of products which are ridicuslously high priced but turn out to be shit, and everyone knows of products which have a low price but are actually good. The price which is set is purely determined by the luthier, whether the luthier charges 4k or 2k depends on what they feel is fair to charge
I don't think many people would actually argue that a Siggery is better than a BM or BRJ. That was my point, not that Siggery guitars are awful.

If I thought they were awful, I wouldn't have ordered one.
Danukenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #47
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danukenator View Post
I don't think many people would actually argue that a Siggery is better than a BM or BRJ. That was my point, not that Siggery guitars are awful.

If I thought they were awful, I wouldn't have ordered one.
but by saying that siggery make cheaper versions of blackmachines.bernie ricos doesnt compliment siggery on his own skills as a builder

Unread 04-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #48
SS.org Regular

WillDfx is a splendid one to beholdWillDfx is a splendid one to beholdWillDfx is a splendid one to beholdWillDfx is a splendid one to beholdWillDfx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Marty is just doing what people ask of him, after all. It's not like he's mass producing these "replicas" under a different name, he's just building whatever his paying customers want.
Ayo7e likes this.
WillDfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #49
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Let's not turn someones NGD thread into an argument over what is and what isn't over style copying. it's been done for RAN and many of the like and keep it in a thread for this or make one for this, not in someone's NGD, thanx
Pushingink likes this.

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #50
This Fury Reborn

abadonae is a jewel in the rough
Hey man thats an awesome NGD for ya!! I've put the full payment down on one of these in black gloss with Blackouts!! It'll seem incredibly basic compared to this one but i just wanted a plain jane balls out metal machine!! And Martys heresy just sorta spoke to me, i can see similarities between both types of guitars but i don't think he's trying to imitate at all, SO happy NGD dude and enjoy that bad boy!

if one man dies its a tragedy,
if a million men die its a statistic,

Josef Stalin
abadonae is offline   Reply With Quote