homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Jonathan20022
  • 2 Post By Jonathan20022
  • 1 Post By Jonathan20022
  • 1 Post By Prydogga

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
Engineer

Jonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
WAY Belated RGA121, and K-7 NGD (Pics up! 56k, it's worth it)

So, I was talking to AdamofAngels (Who I still owe 25$ as part of the trade, I'm sorry man I'm still out of a job but I'll get ya soon!) who was actually around town here in So. Flo, last year for a bit. And I was on the search for a JP of some sort, still am haha. And we couldn't settle on a trade back then, but it involved my RG3250MZ that I bought as a studio and recording guitar.

Some time passed, and I heard again from him sometime in February this year and he asked me once more if I still had the RG. We talked over a couple of days, and we came to an awesome agreement. And it's my second trade around these parts, Adam's an absolute AWESOME guy to deal with and he only helped reassure me of everything since it was one of my first trades and, well you'll see.

So you can say Adam cleared out all of my Maple fretboards, haha cause he did! Here's a picture of the triple threat when they were still in my possession haha.

My Schecter Jeff Loomis FR which I actually got in my first trade here from Riffer! Also a great dude to deal with! My RG3250MZ, and My custom Warmoth Strat, that I miss dearly. For me the Strat was the highlight of the trio, and really stuck through for me when my other guitars would need to be repaired and I needed practice, it was always there haha

But anyways, I'm going to tease you guys a bit and not say what I got. I'm going to go and find my camera and take some quick shots of these new beauts. School's been brutal lately, signed up for Computer Engineering haha, and sadly I didn't have enough time to really play, restring, and give it a thorough test, before writing a review. But now that the worst is over and I have some time before Finals I got a chance to do just that! And don't worry, lots of pictures and lengthy review(s) incoming!
Randy and setsuna7 like this.
Jonathan20022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Lethal Force Fitness: For metal dudes who want to get big!
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
Downpicker \m/

ASoC is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I demand some pics I want to know why you'd give up a set of wonderful maple boarded axes.

maple boards

Check out my band
soundcloud.com/a-stream-of-consciousness
https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Str...96505327048017
or follow us @ASoCBand

"There you have it, Slender. Totally wasn't scared. But, it seems as if someone poured urine on my pants and shoved mashed potatoes down the back of my pants"
-Bane
ASoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
That strat is one of the most beautiful instruments I've ever seen. I WILL have on like that one day. In fact, I'm gonna rep you for owning it, even if you did trade it.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
Gear Junkie

ibanezcollector is a name known to allibanezcollector is a name known to allibanezcollector is a name known to allibanezcollector is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
love that strat.

littledoc"Oh and if I WERE looking for trades, it most definitely wouldn't be an acoustic. I'm trying to sell my guitar, not my nuts!"
ibanezcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
Engineer

Jonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud ofJonathan20022 has much to be proud of
Haha thanks guys! Here's another picture of the Strat and a family shot pre-trade while the rest of the pictures finish uploading. I'm gonna ask Adam if I could buy back the strat once I get a job again, I really miss it haha .

Empryrean and AkiraSpectrum like this.
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
Engineer

And so it begins! You'll have to excuse the poor quality, found our good camera, but it was dead so it's charging. And I'd rather not leave you all hanging all night

Two cases? That's kinda strange too, the name on the case is barely legible Let's open them up!

I can finally see the stars without driving all the way up to Tallahassee now That sparkle is absolutely divine.

What's that? A BAREKNUCKLE Aftermath? Talk about Heaven, I've heard so much about these, but to actually own one wasn't something I had planned for quite some time! I'm sure some of the guys here can already take a wild guess at which one this is haha.

It's the one and only 2005 RGA121 NAMM Prototype! Feel extremely privileged to own this guitar. I remember seeing it a couple of times and just drooling over it, I'm not lying when I say I absolutely love this guitar. It's the easily the most simple of all the guitars I've ever owned to both play, Set-Up, Restring, absolutely everything about this guitar matches what I would want if I were to make something out of a custom shop. But enough talk, the reviews will be up shortly haha. I tried capturing the Sparkle and variation of color the best I could with my iPhone 4S camera, but trust me. It does NO justice to this guitar's appearance and appeal.

I love the neck on this thing. Just throwing that out there.

This last one reminded me that I need to oil that fretboard STAT. But we're not done here guys! I'm headed to sleep, I'll post what's inside case #2 early in the morning!
s4tch likes this.
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Wrong sub-forum, but great guitar.
Jonathan20022 likes this.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #9
Downpicker \m/

ASoC is a jewel in the rough
Damn you, leaving me hanging to see the other guitar

Also, I hope you can get your strat back, maple board super strats are the best (Charvel SoCal )

Check out my band
soundcloud.com/a-stream-of-consciousness
https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Str...96505327048017
or follow us @ASoCBand

"There you have it, Slender. Totally wasn't scared. But, it seems as if someone poured urine on my pants and shoved mashed potatoes down the back of my pants"
-Bane
ASoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #10
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prydogga View Post
Wrong sub-forum, but great guitar.
You'd think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASoC View Post
Damn you, leaving me hanging to see the other guitar

Also, I hope you can get your strat back, maple board super strats are the best (Charvel SoCal )
Haha sorry bud, but yeah I'm really hoping haha. I gotta talk to Adam soon and see if he even still has it. But it's no biggie, I can always order another one from Warmoth with the same specs haha, but preferably I'd like to get that one back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTankslely View Post
That strat is one of the most beautiful instruments I've ever seen.
Thanks man! I thought so too! haha

And here's the next one! This is why it's not in the wrong Sub Forum Prydogga!

ANOTHER IBANEZ AWWWWWW YEAH

It's an Ibanez K-7! In absolutely awesome condition, I wasn't exactly bonding with it the first few days and even considered selling it. But honestly I gave it another shot and I love the way it plays, it was almost like an aquired taste to me. The Neck hurt my hand a bit more than the Loomis did when playing chords and doing stretches on it, but I really like how it came out. I feel like I'm going to stick with it for awhile. Never expected to actually have this, but it's a total dream to play, I'll leave that for the review! haha here's some more pictures.

Brothers in arms haha

And now the updated family shot! Videos and Reviews coming up very soon!

Unread 04-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
Ibanez whore

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
NICE!!
theo is offline   Reply With Quote