homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Where do you buy your sevens?

I've only been playing guitar since October 2010, and in that time I've had three guitars. The first was a Squier Strat from a mom-and-pop shop, then I got a Schecter Damien-7, and more recently a Blackjack ATX C-7 from Guitar Center.

My point is that I don't know where else to look for guitars. I've looked online at Ebay, and on Craisgslist, but I was kind of wondering where you guys buy yours from? I'm in the market for a new axe, and could use some better resources.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Giggity

JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Personally, I buy them from forums (jemsite, ss.org, John Petrucci), custom shops, Rich Harris at Ibanez rules and ebay. Not sure if ya wanna try out some Ibbies though haha
Skin Coffin likes this.
JP Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Universe View Post
Personally, I buy them from forums (jemsite, ss.org, John Petrucci), custom shops, Rich Harris at Ibanez rules and ebay. Not sure if ya wanna try out some Ibbies though haha
Only if they have BKPZ OMFG.

For real, though, I'm looking to break out of the Schecter box and get something with a trem and passive routes. I'm open to anything, I just don't know where to look.

"

Unread 12-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #4
I even lift.

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I buy them from here.

Didn't you used to live in Houston? You probably could have picked one up from me on Craigslist. I've sold at least a dozen 7's (and 2 8's) on Craigslist in the past 2-3 years.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

broj15 is just really nicebroj15 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
who ever has what i want at the cheapest price that can get it to me in one piece lol.
Luvless likes this.

"It's all jagged and jaded, but it suits us. We just fake it through."
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #6
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
I buy them from here.

Didn't you used to live in Houston? You probably could have picked one up from me on Craigslist. I've sold at least a dozen 7's (and 2 8's) on Craigslist in the past 2-3 years.
I never thought to look on Craigslist until I moved up here.

"

Unread 12-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #7
angel sword guardian

M3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my uv777 was from a friend

my washburn was from a guy who sold them at a flea market

my xiphos was off egay

my agile custom v was off egay as well

from texas or live here? check in ---> http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off...ers-check.html

I always thought Cliff getting killed instead of Lars was like John Lennon getting killed instead of Yoko - MJS
M3CHK1LLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

Mendez is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
I buy them from here.

Did you sell the washburn you had on CL recently (saw "gunshow8de" on the pics when i was looking through em)? That was fast

Yeah i usually buy/trade through craigslist or from this forum
Mendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 02:36 AM   #9
ss.org Regular

Luvless is on a distinguished road
I go through Guitar Center, and friends. But other than that, Craigslist can have some great deals. I've only sold guitars on ebay. I have never bought anything from there.
Luvless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #10
I even lift.

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendez View Post
Did you sell the washburn you had on CL recently (saw "gunshow8de" on the pics when i was looking through em)? That was fast

Yeah i usually buy/trade through craigslist or from this forum
No, I thought better of it and decided to keep it. Anything I might have received in equal trade value wouldn't have come close to playing or sounding as nice.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

RideFour15 has a spectacular aura about
I've bought two from guys on Craigslist, but that was because I was looking for late 90s MIJ Ibanez models. One was beat to shit and I paid $225, the other was in damn good condition with a case for $400 but I had to drive four hours round trip to pick it up.

New guitars and I never seem to mesh well; all my favorite guitars to play have been used and not in great condition when I get them.
RideFour15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

Mendez is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
No, I thought better of it and decided to keep it. Anything I might have received in equal trade value wouldn't have come close to playing or sounding as nice.
Ah man, i was tempted to pick it up. But because of school i wont have a job till this week or after

I'm telling you man, sometimes some really sweet stuff pops on CL just gotta keep looking
Mendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
Death Metal™

cwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of light
rondomusic.com
CassDarkwing likes this.

Mesa 2 channel
Basson 4x12

cwhitey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Skin Coffin is a glorious beacon of lightSkin Coffin is a glorious beacon of lightSkin Coffin is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I personally think buying used gear is a lot better. I mean, there aren't many things you can ruin in a guitar (except cosmetics), so you'll never end up with a piece of garbage. If you're really cocky (like me) be sure to ask loads of questions and ask for lots of pics to make sure the guitar is flawless. I bought a Carvin DC747 here for 800€ and later on traded it for a RG1077XL, both were/are mint. A couple of months I bought an amp, an ENGL 860, which is pretty rare, for 800€ with new tubes. I mean, for 1600€, if you buy new high quality gear, you'll probably end up with a guitar and some spare change

For me used is the way to go. But, of course, be careful and buy only from known people you feel comfortable buying from. Which pretty much leads to ss.org seriously, though, I never saw any problem here linked to buying/selling so far.

Cheers!
Skin Coffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
Namby Pamby

stevemcqueen is a jewel in the rough
My last 4 guitars have been found through sevenstring.org and craigslist. I actually met the guys I jam with through the sevenstring.org marketplace after I bought my first 8 string in mint condition from one of the guys. Then I bought a 7 from him And very similair story about craigslist too! At sevenstring.org and craigslist, it is more than just shopping for guitars. It is shopping for friends
stevemcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
Songs in C#

EdgeC is a jewel in the rough
Drum City Guitarland
EdgeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #17
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemcqueen View Post
My last 4 guitars have been found through sevenstring.org and craigslist. I actually met the guys I jam with through the sevenstring.org marketplace after I bought my first 8 string in mint condition from one of the guys. Then I bought a 7 from him And very similair story about craigslist too! At sevenstring.org and craigslist, it is more than just shopping for guitars. It is shopping for friends
I've had two deals from SSO, and I've never seen those people post again.

I've made some friends from here though, really great people. If only they were selling more stuff for me to buy, you know?

"

Unread 12-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
from the Toilet Store
Fiction and Chocopuppet like this.

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

celebro95 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
sevenstring.org
harmony-central (forums)
celebro95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Oddly enough I got my current main guitar, Ibanez ARZ307, off the rack at Guitar Center.
book_of_lies777 likes this.
troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

Levi79 is a glorious beacon of lightLevi79 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Here.
Levi79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

RuffeDK is a jewel in the rough
I bought my RG1527Z from 4sound (Denmark), and my RG1527 '09 used from a guy.
RuffeDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #23
ss.org Regular

book_of_lies777 will become famous soon enough
I get pretty much everything from zZounds. (I don't really care for used gear - I'm kinda OCD that way) Plus, they let me make 4 equal payments, and I'm broke. LOL

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

my original music (stoner-doom):
http://www.reverbnation.com/officialgoeticcircle
http://www.facebook.com/GoeticCircle

my music/gear blog:
"Diamonds and Rust"
(music, videos, guitar gear, opinions, etc.)
http://www.tony93666.blogspot.com/
book_of_lies777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #24
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Ideally, I'd buy/trade guitars and gear from SSO, but oftentimes what I see is either not what I want or out of my price range. One can only look at so many beautiful, inordinately expensive guitars before becoming demoralized .

"

Unread 12-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #25
Play It LOUD!!!

MistaSnowman is just really niceMistaSnowman is just really nice
American Musical Supply
MistaSnowman is offline   Reply With Quote