homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #76
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I Jacksons, and that is one hot instrument. I hope this isn't blasphemy in a NJD threat, but that Daemoness really shines right there in comparison. It's like those Stevie Wonder tunes that start with a great backup singer, and then Stevie comes in and the juxtaposition makes you realize just how amazing Stevie Wonder is.
Bigfan and mphsc like this.
Hollowway is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #77
SS.org Regular

Animus can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
I Jacksons, and that is one hot instrument. I hope this isn't blasphemy in a NJD threat, but that Daemoness really shines right there in comparison. It's like those Stevie Wonder tunes that start with a great backup singer, and then Stevie comes in and the juxtaposition makes you realize just how amazing Stevie Wonder is.
Yeah I agree, that Daemoness looks like it sounds and plays more amazingly than the Jackson.

:-)
Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #78
SS.org Regular

0 Xero 0 is a jewel in the rough
Basing how a guitar sounds off of looks (especially when you haven't been there to test either of them) is kind of silly. They're both constructed very differently and likely lend themselves better to certain things

Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?
0 Xero 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #79
SS.org Regular

ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.
i feel like i have seen this color before... hmm
MerlinTKD and Spaceman_Spiff like this.

NEW STS album The Migration / TAB BOOK /
6 String Guitar Technique Book
Guide To Tapping Instructional Book
Available through our webstore.
http://www.scalethesummitstore.com
band page: www.facebook.com/scalethesummit
My website: www.chrisletchford.com
ChrisLetchford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #80
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I was just playing Skyrim, heard the guard say it then looked over and saw this thread.

congrats.
cyril v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #81
Banned

GATA4 is just really niceGATA4 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't know what it is....but those pickups look SO good in that guitar.
GATA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #82
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Reminds me of Chris letchfords Blue 8, I'm a massive fan of the straight blue finishes. Since first joining sevenstring, I've really started to dig jacksons.. but everyone i've played the action has been way to low to for my liking, but i'm sure thats adjustable

Anyways, looks rad!
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #83
SS.org Regular

guy in latvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
wow, Jackson did it again, amazing work!
guy in latvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #84
SS.org Regular

0 Xero 0 is a jewel in the rough
I don't think this has been said, but what radius did you get on it? Did you get a 16-20" like on your db1?

Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?
0 Xero 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #85
Purely Hate Driven

MetalHeadMat has a spectacular aura about
Pretty neat but not for me. Do you think you'd be able to get a side shot and a pic of the heel? Body looks thick as hell!!
MetalHeadMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #86
Purely Hate Driven

MetalHeadMat has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
Looks awesome!

And actually, I would think twice about contouring the heel since it might add to the tone. Paul Gilbert now swears by using the old style ibanez heel rather than the new AANJ. Anecdotal I know, but I wouldn't want your guitar to change in tone.

Also, screw the basswood haters. I love the sound of it
Oddly enough I love the old heel rather than the AANJ, and I'm a shredder.
MetalHeadMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #87
SS.org Regular

rippedflesh89 is just really nicerippedflesh89 is just really nice
i believe that older block heel does increase sustain... it just makes total sense... theres more surface area of contact between the neck and the body which is of the most crucial areas on a bolt on guitar... there would be more vibration transfer between the neck and body... at least thats how i see it... i have never had a chance to A/B a block heel and AANJ... but all the RG550s ive played w/a block heel were always very nice to play and never seemed to hinder the upper fret access
rippedflesh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #88

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLetchford View Post
i feel like i have seen this color before... hmm
yo cl! did you have a guitar that was laguna seca blue as well, or are you just referring to the fact that i made it the same color as my future car haha (someday...)
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #89

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 Xero 0 View Post
I don't think this has been said, but what radius did you get on it? Did you get a 16-20" like on your db1?
I just got 20" across the board...literally!
Unread 12-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippedflesh89 View Post
i believe that older block heel does increase sustain... it just makes total sense... theres more surface area of contact between the neck and the body which is of the most crucial areas on a bolt on guitar... there would be more vibration transfer between the neck and body... at least thats how i see it... i have never had a chance to A/B a block heel and AANJ... but all the RG550s ive played w/a block heel were always very nice to play and never seemed to hinder the upper fret access
Im not sure how contouring the heel will affect the tone, but i know the guitar sounds A LOT bigger than basswood guitars tend to sound, so i am definitely not going to be sending it to get contoured until AFTER all the guitar tracking is done, just because i wouldn't be surprised if that was contributing to the sound. Jackson think that is a good call as well.
Unread 12-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #91
DJUN DJUNDJUNDJUN
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
yo cl! did you have a guitar that was laguna seca blue as well, or are you just referring to the fact that i made it the same color as my future car haha (someday...)
Similar...

New Sky Blue Sherman 8 String! Progress Pictures!!!
scherzo1928 likes this.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
.... that is gorgeous, its hard to tell just how close the two finishes are because this blue is notoriously difficult to capture, but all i can say is Great Minds hehe...
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #93

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Im not sure how contouring the heel will affect the tone, but i know the guitar sounds A LOT bigger than basswood guitars tend to sound, so i am definitely not going to be sending it to get contoured until AFTER all the guitar tracking is done, just because i wouldn't be surprised if that was contributing to the sound. Jackson think that is a good call as well.
Such a cool looking guitar! Im wondering if a contributing factor to the bigger sound could be that theres no trem route?
leonardo7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 04:28 AM   #94

Lasik124 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Man, that's just badass. congrats
Lasik124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #95
SS.org Regular

ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.ChrisLetchford is pretty much the man.
Quote:
.... that is gorgeous, its hard to tell just how close the two finishes are because this blue is notoriously difficult to capture, but all i can say is Great Minds hehe...
I was just messing with you since you got a Strandberg as well. Actually a student of mine now owns the blue bomber 8 that they posted. the color in the picture posted is actually lighter blue than the actual guitar, its the exact color of your new Jackson : )

Jackson may or may not be building me something pimp as well. I will of course post any pictures I get

NEW STS album The Migration / TAB BOOK /
6 String Guitar Technique Book
Guide To Tapping Instructional Book
Available through our webstore.
http://www.scalethesummitstore.com
band page: www.facebook.com/scalethesummit
My website: www.chrisletchford.com
ChrisLetchford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #96
Ibanez <3

guitarister7321 is just really niceguitarister7321 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Do want!
guitarister7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #97
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Congrats Bulb!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 02:53 AM   #98
Midwest Metalhead

theicon2125 has a spectacular aura about
nice guitar, but seriously

"I was walking around the backyard on a nice sunny day just a strummin' and a grinnin', when all of the sudden a wild bee appears...*SWAT*UKULELE'D!" - Grand Moff Tim
theicon2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 05:38 AM   #99
(((Ω)))

shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.
Brighter blue guitars look great against maple fretboards. Have something like that myself and dig it. It is basswood / bolt-on maple as well and I fully agree to what you're saying, 'cause it's my best sounding axe as well.
shitsøn is offline   Reply With Quote