homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-08-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

sean106ESP is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Trem arm loosening Halp!

I want it loose like how if u loosen a Floyd arm it hangs down south when standing up and u pull it up when needed.

it is so stiff on my Apex's. A friend on here told me to sit for a half hour watching TV and turning it over and over and after about 30 minutes it will be all nice and loose. Which I am doing and no go.

I hate having to pull it up to use it and then have to use my hand to push it back to hanging south. it has the little white bushings and I am wondering if I take those off it will sit in the arm cavity all loose. But my boy on here swears it will loosen up after do above.

Thanks in advance all!

sean106ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
haha i want the opposite on my 7620 mine is so loose.

one thing i found that loosened mine was lots of flutters i mean but there certain technique of pulling and flicking it, made mine all loose like you describe.

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 04:48 AM   #3
Swyse

Swyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I would probably start by taking off one of the white things, or finding someone to swap you for a used and abused bar. Some people kill for your type of problem haha. If taking off the white shim things isn't ideal for you, you could maybe try sanding the shims a touch to get em going. I would stop wasting your time turning something with zero friction because the shims are teflon and get more abrasive with it with some higher grit sandpaper. Also, did you try loosening the screw on the bottom of the trem where the are goes in?

i prefer the reverse stranger where I sit on my dick till it's numb, so it feels like I'm jerking a stranger off - theo in chat
Swyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
ss.org Regular

sean106ESP is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyse View Post
I would probably start by taking off one of the white things, or finding someone to swap you for a used and abused bar. Some people kill for your type of problem haha. If taking off the white shim things isn't ideal for you, you could maybe try sanding the shims a touch to get em going. I would stop wasting your time turning something with zero friction because the shims are teflon and get more abrasive with it with some higher grit sandpaper. Also, did you try loosening the screw on the bottom of the trem where the are goes in?
Thanks. Yeah I looked up in the manual...duh on my part and removed one white bushing and worked like a charm. Thanks again.
sean106ESP is offline   Reply With Quote