homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Bring the gain

MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
NGD! Awesome Quilt Content! (56k Joke)

Decided to make the jump back to a 7 after hanging with the 6 for a while (which I loved dearly). Scored a great deal with MastrXploder on this 2006 Carvin DC727. I know it's been passed through a few sets of hands here, but it's still an awesome axe. On to the pictures! Apologies for cellphone-quality pics:

So far, I'm loving this thing. This is my first neck-thru I've ever owned and I'm digging it a ton. The neck profile feels great, although I'll probably take some steel wool to the clear coat to make it feel more satin. Not a big fan of painted necks. Also, I will be changing these pickups out. Not a big fan of Dimarzio Blazes. I'm thinking either the CL/LF combo, or making the jump to some covered BKPs of some sort. He was also nice enough to throw in a brand new Tremol-no, still in the box. I'll get around to installing that soon. Big thanks, once again, to MastrXploder! Great guy to work with. I'll have a clip up of this monster soon enough.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Gear Fetish Boy

syndrone can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow normally i totally hate dark wood finishes and the round Carvin shapes, but this one is totally nice! enjoy it and make it your bitch! : )
what PU`s are built in there?

ps: never EVER lay your guitar into the grass again, k??!! otherwise i will steal it from you.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

"syndrone gets a day for being a snippy bitch while necrobumping. go whine on facebook or ultimate guitar" yay =D

btw, my name is syndroNe with "N!". for the 24th time.
syndrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Bring the gain

MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.MikeH can play Erotomania with his toes.
The current pickups are Dimarzio Blaze 7s, but I'm not a big fan of them. They'll be getting changed soon.

And my grass is very plush and comforting, thank you.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Hybrid138 is a glorious beacon of lightHybrid138 is a glorious beacon of lightHybrid138 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What woods are those? Looks awesome

Bacchanalian Bliss (My Ska band):
http://www.facebook.com/blisstx (Facebook)

http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.aspx?epk_id=223821
(SonicBids)

Hybrid138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
Bring the gain

Maple neck, Alder wings, Quilted Maple top, Ebony board.
ProgShredder73 likes this.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Sweet axe, I agree, Blaze's are not for everyone's tastes.

BTW, anyone else seen that Randy has been in here?

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
Banned

thedarkoceans is just really nicethedarkoceans is just really nice
Mr.Randy is there.somewhere.
ivancic1al and SirMyghin like this.
thedarkoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Sick guitar dude!

My main setup:
Ibanez uv7bk green dot, Engl fireball 60, genz benz g flex 2x12.
poopyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

the fuhrer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That finish is sexy
the fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
Bring the gain

Thanks guys! This thing even sounds great acoustically.

I have also noticed Randy's appearance...

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 09-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
Totally Random

JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
That's Super SICK!!
JPMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Looks awesome man congrats! I'm a sucker for nice quilted maple tops!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #13
ss.org Regular

Psycroptica has a spectacular aura about
That's such a lovely color. Dark guitars are the shit. Congrats!
Psycroptica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #14
Ibanez <3

guitarister7321 is just really niceguitarister7321 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Very beautiful. Love the color and quilt.

How are those Lic. Floyds they have on the 7's?
guitarister7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #15
Bring the gain

So far it's been pretty stable. I'm used to Ibanez trems, so I'm not familiar with LFRs. Not bad so far, though. I'm not a big trem junkie anyways.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 09-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #16
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 137 reviews
Looks awesome - but without a locking nut you can't really get your Whoop Whoop on.
GATA4 likes this.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #17
Bring the gain

The tuners are locking, so I can do it subtly. Plus I don't really abuse my trem.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
Banned

ibanezRG1527 can only hope to improve
holy ....ing carvin. do want!

how well does it stay in tune without a locking nut? i know a lot of people dont put them on and i dont think id trust it
ibanezRG1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

the fuhrer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I was trying to work out a trade for this but the nut situation made me a little uncomfortable as well.
the fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

MastrXploder is a glorious beacon of lightMastrXploder is a glorious beacon of lightMastrXploder is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Recording soon!!I never got the chance to put that thing to good use unfortunately
MastrXploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #21
is on drugs.

AngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mmmmmmmmmm What stain/color is that?

I just wasted your time.
AngstRiddenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #22
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibz_rg View Post
The tuners are locking, so I can do it subtly. Plus I don't really abuse my trem.
But I thought that *isn't* what locking tuners do...?

I made a similar comment in a different thread and ppl told me that this isn't exactly what they're for. Can someone please clarify this once and for all?

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #23
Bring the gain

Dunno. They work for me, so that's what I'm going with.

As for the color, I believe it's called Deep Antique Brown.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

mikemueller2112 is just really nicemikemueller2112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's like a sexy tiger, not just a tiger....sexy tiger.

Congrats
mikemueller2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #25
Bring the gain

"Veddy toyt. Yesh, toyt like a toyger."
Konfyouzd and GATA4 like this.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM