homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

sean106ESP is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Apex100 Review (Damn impressed) but...

the Apex 1BBk PUP's gotta go. The Apex100 blaze PUP's sound amazing compared to the low output of the Apex1BBK. The cleans are real punchy and almost sound like active pickups. The Blaze bridge is much hotter then the PAF's. The guitar overall is much lighter due to the Alder body. I do like the 1BBK neck better as it has a satin shiny feel and a tad thicker then the Apex100 and K-7. The Apex100 pretty much IMO has the same neck as the K7. Profile wise and raw wood. Not satin. The finish is gorgeous came with decent strings. But I prefer the .10-.60's as I play down a whole step. If you like 7 strings and hate Korn the Apex100 is a wonderful guitar as you have no indication on it that it is a Korn sig like a K-7. Oh also...no pearl binding or glow in the dark dots. oh and as usual IMO the U-Bar sux. Gets in the way of speed up and down or even just down palm muting for that matter. Cheers.

sean106ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-30-2011, 01:38 AM   #2
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
sweet. would love to hear how this guitar sounds.

*hint*hint*hint*
highlordmugfug likes this.
toiletstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #3
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltstand View Post
sweet. would love to hear how this guitar sounds.

*hint*hint*hint*

I know I gotta get some clips up. Patience hehe I am changing up my recording set up. Thanks man.
Unread 08-30-2011, 03:36 AM   #4
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
no rush. these are classy as hell!
toiletstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 05:37 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
They are a very s8xy 7 string... love it that its a signature guitar with no "signature" sh1t on it like the big K7 at the 12th fret or the stars or whatever, its plainness is its best feature.... my only gripe visually is that the bridge pup is black... should be white, same with the volume and selector switch I'd switch them for a classic white Strat volume knob and switch tip, but that's me being picky tbh, other than that its a beautiful looking thing and I'd love one... congrats dude
Santuzzo and Bigfan like this.
Louis Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 06:15 AM   #6
Plays Fusion.

Syriel is just really niceSyriel is just really nice
Needs white pickup bobbins / covers on the bridge.

HNGD!!!
Syriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:03 AM   #7
Hammer of the Gods

shanejohnson02 is just really niceshanejohnson02 is just really nice
I want one of those so bad, but I can't bring myself to pay that much for an Ibanez, even a prestige/sig model. I'd make an exception for an old collectors' model (green dot UV, original JEM root beer, lawsuit LP's / SG's, etc), but this thing is way to expensive for what you get.

shanejohnson02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

Decipher is just really niceDecipher is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Congrads on obtaining the #1 guitar on my MUST OBTAIN LIST. I have a K-7 so it's great to know how close the neck profiles are. Also nice to see some in the 'wild' now as there really hasn't been too many of these posted!

Really are a classy 7 sting....... Must obtain..........
Decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
ss.org Regular

Quote:
They are a very s8xy 7 string... love it that its a signature guitar with no "signature" sh1t on it like the big K7 at the 12th fret or the stars or whatever
Agreed. But don't discount the K-7's. I had one and it was awesome and actually made me want these. Granted I never played a UV but everyone seems to say the K-7's are based off UV's. So if people can get over the K-7 inlay (I can understand as so many HATE KoRn) it was a wonderful guitar. I dug the K-7 Mahogany bodies. Plus you can get em kinda cheap off EvilBay sometimes.

Quote:
I want one of those so bad, but I can't bring myself to pay that much for an Ibanez, even a prestige/sig model
I hear ya but I hate to use the cliche phrase but it is true....ya get what ya pay for. I normally am an ESP Explorer guy and get/have a bunch of CS set neck Explorers from a hook up in Japan and can say there is a pretty nice difference between the CS stuff and standard ESP. But that is ESP. I searched on here and it appears Ibby does not make CS stuff unless you are an endorser. Which kinda sucks as I would order a custom Ibby 7 string now that I am all into 7 string guitars LOL. Everyone tells me I need to check out a UV which I must or for a 6 string a Prestige 3120??

Older pic (and sold the white one) but the white and black custom ordered to my spec's ESP Explorer MXII-CTM's.

Thanks guys.
AvantGuardian likes this.
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean106ESP View Post
Agreed. But don't discount the K-7's. I had one and it was awesome and actually made me want these. Granted I never played a UV but everyone seems to say the K-7's are based off UV's. So if people can get over the K-7 inlay (I can understand as so many HATE KoRn) it was a wonderful guitar. I dug the K-7 Mahogany bodies. Plus you can get em kinda cheap off EvilBay sometimes.
Don't get me wrong dude I am not ripping in to the K7 at all, I know they are incredible guitars a very decent option if a UV is not available for you, the mahogany body and the neck I have read are superb, visually the big K7 on the FB does give it away that your a Korn fan LOL! Not played one myself but havign had a Green Dot and a RG7620 I can well beleive they are excellent guitars, they certainly have a lot of love on here!

The point I meant to be making really was that it made a change to see such an understated signature guitar and it makes ti all the more desirable because it.

Should add I am no Korn hater either! haha! possibily my favourite band ever.... though that between me and you!
Louis Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #11
OVER THE LINE!

Wingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of light
Hey do you like Korn?

Shono.........

ahead of his time
Wingchunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
Bipedal Hominid

fwd0120 is a glorious beacon of lightfwd0120 is a glorious beacon of lightfwd0120 is a glorious beacon of light
love that guitar!

"basically by saying "a rg neck will look awesome on an sg body" your saying " megan fox's head would look great on drew cary's body."" - aslsmm

My soundclick music. (genre : shonocore): http://www.soundclick.com/frankwilliamdremel

I play Phrygian in a vacuum b5
fwd0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #13
Hammer of the Gods

shanejohnson02 is just really niceshanejohnson02 is just really nice
Quote:
I hear ya but I hate to use the cliche phrase but it is true....ya get what ya pay for.

True, but it's $2400. I can get a Carvin to my specs for around $15-1700.

I should say though that regardless of price, that guitar is win. Very nice...I wish they offered that color on more axes.

shanejohnson02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #14
(((Ω)))

shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.
I'd love that thing if it wasn't for the super average sunburst finish. I like the idea of a RG7 with a pickguard, but a different paintjob would be more appealing to me.
shitsøn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #15
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Cypher View Post
Don't get me wrong dude I am not ripping in to the K7 at all, I know they are incredible guitars a very decent option if a UV is not available for you, the mahogany body and the neck I have read are superb, visually the big K7 on the FB does give it away that your a Korn fan LOL! Not played one myself but havign had a Green Dot and a RG7620 I can well beleive they are excellent guitars, they certainly have a lot of love on here!

The point I meant to be making really was that it made a change to see such an understated signature guitar and it makes ti all the more desirable because it.

Should add I am no Korn hater either! haha! possibily my favourite band ever.... though that between me and you!

Thanks guys. Yeah I am Korn Fanboy. I would love to try out a UV. I am in Queens NY so not far from the guitar strip in NYC. Maybe they have one to try. GC and Sam Ass near me always have shitty selections.

shanejohnson02 I paid $2200 for it brand new and case candy. But yeah I see where you are coming from. Carvin has never been my bag

Yeah they should offer more of them or just high end 7's in different colors and specs.

Wingchunwarrior I HATE KORN! I only have just ...a little...few....ummm... ton of DVD's and bootleg show DVD's.
Unread 08-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Santuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud of
Awesome !
Congrats and thanks for those pics.

This is one of the nicest Ibby 7's IMO.

Want one of these badly.

I only wish it had a HB on the neck position and a tone control.
But I'm still GASing very bad for one of these, love the strat-look with the sunburst and the pickguard!

do you have more pics?

edit: how does the neck compare to the neck of an RG1527?
Santuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanejohnson02 View Post
True, but it's $2400. I can get a Carvin to my specs for around $15-1700.

I should say though that regardless of price, that guitar is win. Very nice...I wish they offered that color on more axes.
Heck you could get a full on custom from RAN guitars for that price too

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #18
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santuzzo View Post
Awesome !
Congrats and thanks for those pics.

This is one of the nicest Ibby 7's IMO.

Want one of these badly.

I only wish it had a HB on the neck position and a tone control.
But I'm still GASing very bad for one of these, love the strat-look with the sunburst and the pickguard!

do you have more pics?

edit: how does the neck compare to the neck of an RG1527?

Hi thanks again all. I never played a RG1527 as I am a total Ibby noob and a die hard ESP fanatic. But really loving these Ibby's it is making me want to get a 6 string Ibby. The necks are sick and I finally got over my fear of setting up a floating trem.

Here are some more pix:

Ok guys here its is
Santuzzo and Louis Cypher like this.
Unread 08-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #19
SS.org Regular

Santuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Hi thanks again all. I never played a RG1527 as I am a total Ibby noob and a die hard ESP fanatic. But really loving these Ibby's it is making me want to get a 6 string Ibby. The necks are sick and I finally got over my fear of setting up a floating trem.

Here are some more pix:

Ok guys here its is
Thanks !

Do you miss a tone control in this guitar at all?
I think that's something that might bother me if I got one.

my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

Unread 08-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #20
No like the floppy

Floppystrings is just really niceFloppystrings is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Thanks !

You use the tone knob?

For what?
Louis Cypher and Bigfan like this.
Floppystrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #21
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppystrings View Post
You use the tone knob?

For what?
Yes, for clean sounds I use it quite a lot to get a warmer, less bright sound.

my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

Unread 08-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #22
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Thanks !

No I like the other guy do not use a tone knob. What I am having some getting used to is the one volume knob and PUP selector. I am sooooo used to years of just using my ESP Explorers with the toggle selector and two volumes. So I really wish it had two volume knobs actually.

Should have some sample clips early next week or over labor day weekend. Thanks again guys.
Unread 09-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #23
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Congrats on a BEAUTIFUL fiddle! I have wanted that axe since I saw him using it over a decade ago. But like many, the price is just too high for it. I guess I'll have to live with my UV777GR & Strypoverse.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #24
Irrelevant Name

misingonestring is just really nicemisingonestring is just really nice
Damn that guitar is sexy, now put a matching Blaze pickup in the bridge.

My name is irrelevant.
misingonestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #25
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
I really like this, i am seriously thinking of trying to get hold of one oce finances level out a bit, especially as it's alder and makes my strat dreams come true

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote