homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By cronux
  • 2 Post By Zorkuus
  • 1 Post By MaxOfMetal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

Zomboir is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rondo music shipping.

Does anyone have experience with Rondo Music shipping stuff internationally? I was looking at an interceptor 7, which is very reasonably priced, but the VAT and import duty shipping it to the UK is extortionate and I'm on a student budget. Anyone have any tips on getting it into the country cheaper, but legally?
Zomboir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
You don't have a warranty if you order from outside the US. I wouldn't recommend it.

Love Charity Esteem
wannabguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Zorkuus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabguitarist View Post
You don't have a warranty if you order from outside the US. I wouldn't recommend it.
This. The shipping costs and VAT are only a minor inconvinience compared to this. You'd basically be making a gamble with your money.
Zorkuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

markbolwell54 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboir View Post
Does anyone have experience with Rondo Music shipping stuff internationally? I was looking at an interceptor 7, which is very reasonably priced, but the VAT and import duty shipping it to the UK is extortionate and I'm on a student budget. Anyone have any tips on getting it into the country cheaper, but legally?
Mate, i'd kill for one too but haven't brought one for the same reasons.
markbolwell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbolwell54 View Post
Mate, i'd kill for one too but haven't brought one for the same reasons.
Devastating isn't it man. Why the .... should our government profit from something made and sold in another country? It's bloody robbery, especially when stuff over here is so expensive.
Unread 08-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
ss.org Regular

TwitTheShred has a spectacular aura about
I'm in the same boat myself, every time i save to make the gamble i seem to talk myself out of doing it and buy sumthing cheaper becuase the lack of warenty scares the hell out of me.

Schecter Omen 8
TwitTheShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 02:44 AM   #7
NightOwl90

jackfiltraition is a jewel in the rough
Both the guitarist in my band and i took the gamble and won and i think it's well worth it! Rhondo were fantastic with customer service and the guitar got here so quick and tracking was extremely up to date and reliable! I say go for it! These guitars are amazing for the price!
jackfiltraition is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

cronux is a jewel in the rough
don't know what to say about this cause' i'm 50:50 on ordering one myself.
my friend ordered an agile 8 string (really can't remember what model) and the price was 499$. with customs, shipping and jadda jadda jadda the final price was 900$.
so really don't know is it worth it...

kinda sucks that europe has higher prices then the US but that's that...

p.s. there's a funny story here -> one other friend wanted an agile 8 so bad that when he found one (that was bought for 600$ new, and put up for sale @ about 1250$ -> rare guitar, small country what can you say ) he traded in his COW7 with a SD Blackout, 200$ cash and 2 analog pedals... i told him he got robbed but his comment was:"i always wanted an 8 string"

i lold...
jackfiltraition and Zomboir like this.

Here's my band check it out: http://www.facebook.com/badbloodcro
cronux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 05:17 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

Ninetyfour has a spectacular aura about
Comes to about £650, it's not worth it man. Especially without a guarantee or warranty.
Ninetyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #10
Divine ParadÝx

Sephael is just really niceSephael is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Devastating isn't it man. Why the .... should our government profit from something made and sold in another country? It's bloody robbery, especially when stuff over here is so expensive.
the theory is because buying from outside of the country takes money away from people in the country.
Sephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #11
ss.org Regular

black_anther will become famous soon enough
I bought my Septor Pro in November and I think my tax bill came to something like 100 quid but its worth it for the guitar you get about £580 in total with shipping and tax. I couldn't find a guitar I liked as much as this in the UK for cheaper. I looked at the Schecter Damien 7 Elite which equated to about the same price. Oh and that price included a case too, you wouldn't get that with a Schecter necessarily.

I suppose the only way you'd get round it is if you know somebody in the states who you could get it delivered to first. Only someone that you really KNOW though, and trust, not just dodgy forum dudes . Then get them to post it as a gift, obviously this will delay the delivery time too. I think it took just short of a week for it to get to me. Ordered it Sunday, delivered Friday.
black_anther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #12
Cogito, ergo bardus.

Quitty is just really niceQuitty is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephael View Post
the theory is because buying from outside of the country takes money away from people in the country.
That's not much of a theory, it's a fact.
Customs and indirect taxes are intended as a penalty for things your government is harmed by.

Regardless, yes - Rondo's shipping policy is problematic.
I'm not one to stick my nose in other people's business and i'm sure they have their reasons, but they wouldn't be the first company to face the challenges of a global economy and if others have done it, i'm sure they can too.

"I WANT TO .... A UNICORN IN THE ASS WITH IT AND IMPREGNATE IT WITH MY METAL SEED!" ~FretWizard88

...But dignity is difficult to maintain,
stamina requires constant upkeep,
repetition is boring
and you pay for grace.
Quitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #13
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephael View Post
The UK government are no better than a bunch of brigands charging you to cross their path. They have no right to any money from an external sale, especially not at 20% of the pre-shipping price in tax.
Unread 08-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
SS.org Regular

Zorkuus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The UK government are no better than a bunch of brigands charging you to cross their path. They have no right to any money from an external sale, especially not at 20% of the pre-shipping price in tax.
All countries have import taxes. It's to make sure your country stays functional. People would start loosing jobs en masse if everyone would buy stuff at half the price from abroad. They're not doing it just to piss you off, it's beneficial to you too in the long run.

But I do agree that anything beoynd ~20% is a bit extreme.
Santuzzo and Sephael like this.
Zorkuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

Santuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud of
I orderded an Interepid 8 string about a year and a half ago or so. Still with import tax added it was a great price, IMO.
But the one thing that I was scared of was the no-warranty issue, so even if the guitar had arrived broken, there would have been no warranty whatsoever. I decided to take the risk, and I was lucky, the guitar arrived just fine. It had one minor dent on the edge of the fretboard, but maybe such minor things are kinda usual in the lower price segment?
Santuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #16
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
As someone who ordered half a dozen Agiles and sent two back I can't recommend them to folks without warranty. If you're dying for an Agile, pick up a used one from here, at least then it's already been checked out for issues.
cronux likes this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
As someone who ordered half a dozen Agiles and sent two back I can't recommend them to folks without warranty. If you're dying for an Agile, pick up a used one from here, at least then it's already been checked out for issues.
Thanks for the info man. I'm already in talks with someone on here about buying their Ghost 7, so looks like I'll get one after-all.