homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

jtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
DINO Pics+my 2027X Pics !!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to take some pics tonight but they're not the best. Could have done with a bit of daylight to show off the colour better.
Apologies if the pictures are a bit large and numerous,i won't make a habit of it,honest lol.

Hope you like it/them .
jtm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-14-2005, 08:06 PM   #2
Cubicle Dweller

BCrowell is just really niceBCrowell is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WOW! Looks fantastic!! I've often wondered what a painted neck like that would play like. Always worried it would be harder to slide up and down on, how is this neck to play on!?
BCrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

jtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud of
Thanks bro!
Yeah, i always thought that it would but it doesn't at all. Once you put it out of your mind and forget it's painted it's barely noticeable really.
Apparently Dino has said in various interviews that he prefers the way the necks sound when they're painted,he reckons it gives him a tighter sound.

It's a great profile on the neck too. I measured it and it's only about 1mm slimmer at the 1st and 12th frets than my RG but there seems to be even less 'shoulders' on the neck than my RG. Feels great anyway!
Unread 05-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
ss.org Regular

jski7 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn , can I come over to play ? I thought the Dino was a neck-thru . At least thats what I posted in the other thread ! Guess I figured since it was painted , it was automatically a neck-thru . Those are two sweet guitars , I hate you . Just kidding ! Congrats on your beauties .

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
jski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 04:54 AM   #5
ss.org Regular

JCNY is on a distinguished road
Really nice ! I was suprised as well to see a bolt on. That Dino model has got to have some serious balls with that EMG in it.

Fear Factory has always been a favorite of mine. Last time I saw them with Dino he was playing an Ibanez S series.
JCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 06:42 AM   #6
ss.org Regular

CLONE is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Congrats, that´s one nice guitar! :-D
CLONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 09:41 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

Thanks guys!

Hey 'jski7'. You'd be more than welcome bro but there's the slight matter of a few thousand Miles between where we live,and believe me me when i say it's probably a lot nicer where you are right now,lol. Hey,I'll bring the guitars over to yours!

I've seen one or two Dino's with neck-thru's but he supposedly prefers bolt-ons. I'm not really bothered either way personally. For the sort of music that's gonna' be played on his guitars I don't really think the neck-thru/sustain thing matters. I've never found there to be a noticeable difference either.

Cheers 'CLONE'! Nice to see you around man. Thanks again for the help!

I've just gotta' get my amp situation sorted out now but my pockets are empty at the moment. I'll sort something out .
Unread 05-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #8
Lord Super Awesome

Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Oh, I am soooooooooooooo jealous right now. Awesome pics.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #9
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Very nice! \m/

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #10
ss.org Regular

jski7 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm45
Hey 'jski7'. You'd be more than welcome bro but there's the slight matter of a few thousand Miles between where we live,and believe me me when i say it's probably a lot nicer where you are right now,lol. Hey,I'll bring the guitars over to yours!
No problem , just make sure it's near the end of June so you can come to JemFest !

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
jski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 04:37 PM   #11
Famous Beaver Hunter

Allen Garrow is a splendid one to beholdAllen Garrow is a splendid one to beholdAllen Garrow is a splendid one to beholdAllen Garrow is a splendid one to beholdAllen Garrow is a splendid one to behold
Nice man! I like the looks of a the painted neck. Not sure I would like it myself,,but I certainly would kick that guitar out of bed for eating crackers..

~A
Allen Garrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2005, 06:03 PM   #12
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Yeah, I saw that on Jemsite. Sweet, man! Very nice pics of the guitars too.
Very Nice. Congratulations!
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2005, 07:46 AM   #13
Wannabe Shredder

Hawksmoor is a glorious beacon of lightHawksmoor is a glorious beacon of lightHawksmoor is a glorious beacon of light
I love that Dino! Has the neck been altered or modded in any way compared to standard model?
Hawksmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #14
blah!

nyck is just really nicenyck is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Beautiful...just beautiful...
nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2005, 08:27 AM   #15
Seven String Slinger

SevenatoR is a jewel in the rough
Don't take this personally, but I really hate you.

j/k...both of those babies are sweeeeeet!!!!
SevenatoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2005, 03:30 PM   #16
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Those are two very different, very sweet guitars. Where the hell'd you score that dino?

-D

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2005, 06:09 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

Cheers Drew!

You're very correct though,they are soooo different to each other.
The different body woods make a big difference in the sound to start with and then the pickups/electronics couldn't be further apart.

The 2027 is obviously a far more versatile guitar all together but then the Dino just does what it does so well too.
Just hope I can hang on to both of them,lol.

I got the Dino from a guy in Sweden who bought it from another Swedish guy ('CLONE' who posts here)who bought it from Dino.
I just had to have it 'cause it's such a unique and rare guitar (and the LACS serial number is cool too,lol).
Unread 05-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #18
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My god, I want one of those.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2006, 04:43 AM   #19
Guitar Buying Frenzy!

Shorty is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg7420user
My god, I want one of those.

----- Signature Below -----
Originally Posted by Vova:
[16:46] Vova: it's impossible here to get a producer here if you are not hot girl with big boobs and awesome ass that can do great blow job.......or you are not a gay that will agreed for buttse for money and stege
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2006, 04:59 AM   #20
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What is with all these sick 7's coming up within the last two days?

It's hurting me too much

....ing sick guitars
Mark. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:08 AM   #21
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awesome guitars, man I'm jealous!!!!

Nice!
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #22
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark. A
What is with all these sick 7's coming up within the last two days?

It's hurting me too much

....ing sick guitars
I totally agree. I wanna cry.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Unread 05-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #23
Guitar Buying Frenzy!

Shorty is a jewel in the rough
Should you EVER decide to sell the LACS....

LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY!

I will sell my mamma for that guitar

----- Signature Below -----
Originally Posted by Vova:
[16:46] Vova: it's impossible here to get a producer here if you are not hot girl with big boobs and awesome ass that can do great blow job.......or you are not a gay that will agreed for buttse for money and stege
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #24
ALL HAIL DJOD

I'd sell my dad.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Unread 05-06-2006, 02:30 AM   #25
you fail me

forelander is just really niceforelander is just really nice
I thought this was an old thread?

But the dino is sick. I want it.

Jetzt liegst du hier, ganz regungslos, in meiner hand und meinem schoß, du bist so kalt...
forelander is offline   Reply With Quote