homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree54Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
To anyone in south Texas who frequents pawn shops : Stolen Guitar

If anyone sees my red KxK at a pawn shop or anywhere else, I'd appreciate a heads up. I was robbed tonight, and it was among the more valuable and personally loved things stolen. Also missing are a black i7-equipped 17" Dell laptop that is broken by the right speaker and a Vetta 1 head with a pronounced scratch by the input jack, which is a little stiff. The rest is too common to bother mentioning.

Here is a picture for those of you who don't remember or haven't seen it. As far as I know, this is the only KxK that looks like this.

Thanks, and back to your regularly scheduled gear ogling.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

Dark_Matter is just really niceDark_Matter is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shit man I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.
BigPhi84 likes this.
Unread 06-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
long ball larry!

adrock is a glorious beacon of lightadrock is a glorious beacon of lightadrock is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
....ing terrible. I'll definitely keep my eyes open...
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

txguitarslinger has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How far south? I live in Austin.

Good deals with: ktulu909, Leon, panzerdivision
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
H. Maddas

Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Shit.... Thats a right shame.
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 129 reviews
Damn Tom -what a shame. I know how long you were waiting for this guitar too.
Stealthdjentstic likes this.
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Wow that completely sucks. Stickied the thread for you.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Really hoping you get your stuff back ASAP Tom, that is absolutely shitty!

Rig: PRS -> Kemper -> Atomic CLR
First time in a while I've been THIS happy with my tone!
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
SS Contributor

Isan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Where exactly is 'south' texas?

.... YEAH!
Unread 06-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isan View Post
Where exactly is 'south' texas?
Corpus and down.
windu likes this.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Unread 06-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
Deadite

Larrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
People are disgusting. I hope you get everything back man. There's no way to replace that guitar. Truly a shame.

Victims of Contagion
Our Facebook page

Kemper(s) all up in this piece
Unread 06-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #12
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Wow, I'm very sorry to hear this Tom. After such a short time of owning it too

Hopefully it makes it's way back to you unharmed, along with as many other items you had taken from you.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Unread 06-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #13
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What a sack of shit, like Alex said, it really sucks because you just got it
Unread 06-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Ryan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe... This might help...

I left my guitar in a car park when loading up. Some guys doing doughnuts around it distracted me. I "felt" I'd packed away all my gear....

I visited the venue and looked around for local crackheads. I offered a reward for any info to them and also made a police report (useless imo). People at the venue knew what happened and had it waiting for me a week later.

If it was at a venue, you may have more friends / witnesses than you first thought.

Sorry for your loss.

Also, if you don't know about guitars would you know a KxK was valuable? It may turn out well after all. I wish you all the luck in the world for your recovery. Check eBay and online 2nd hand... Obvious but don;t give up hope. Someone will try to sell it eventually.
Unread 06-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

exordium is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm sorry, man. I hope you get the SOB, and more importantly, recover your stolen property.
Unread 06-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

killertone is a name known to allkillertone is a name known to allkillertone is a name known to allkillertone is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The even shittier thing is that stuff is most likely across the border already. That is how they roll down there. I really hope you get the guitar back at the very least.

Randall Product Rep

Tom Anderson Drop Top 7
ESP Eclipse 7
LTD H-207 w/ SD Distortion & 59 pups
Fortin modded Marshall plexi
Evil Pumpkin
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Unread 06-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #17
SS.org Regular

CrownofWorms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownofWorms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownofWorms is a glorious beacon of light
That is ....ing terrible. Best luck to you finding it. I advise to try pawn shops a little bit outside of south Texas, you never know how far it went
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #18
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.

Good luck, sir.

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #19
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
ill keep an eye out even though i live in west texas. really sorry dude, just reading the thread hurt me.
Unread 06-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #20
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thanks for the help and the well wishing, guys. I was able to get the serial number for my laptop from Dell, so that has me feeling quite a bit more optimistic. I'm putting together a little pamphlet on my friend's computer with appropriate pics and serials to pass out to pawn shops around town, and then I'll be calling the PD to give them the updated pics and info (already filed a report the night it happened). Everything else is probably gone unless they take everything to the same pawn shop (including my cameras ), but if I can get my laptop and guitar back, I'll be happy enough. Fortunately, those seem like the most likely things to be recovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txguitarslinger View Post
How far south? I live in Austin.
I live in McAllen, which is about as far south as it gets. It's unlikely but still possible that it may make its way up as far north as San Antonio or Austin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan-ZenGtr- View Post
If it was at a venue, you may have more friends / witnesses than you first thought.
Unfortunately, my stuff was taken from my home.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
Unread 06-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

Levi79 is a glorious beacon of lightLevi79 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
That really sucks dude. I hope you find it!
Unread 06-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #22
ss.org Irregular

Nonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of light
I've got friends down that way bro, I'll have them keep an eye out. This makes my stomach turn....
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #23
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'm in south TX. Will keep a look out for you bro. I'm so sorry.

http://www.facebook.com/BristolGuitars | https://soundcloud.com/nojyeloot

"If anyone speaks badly of you, live so that no one believes it."[/FONT]

Unread 06-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #24
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
I saw this when Darren posted it on FB yesterday. I cross-posted it and have some TX friends keeping their eyes peeled.

Wish there were more I could do..
Kr1zalid likes this.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #25
SS.org Regular

TheBotquax is a jewel in the rough
That guitar is so awesome that I would ACTUALLY kill someone if it got stolen from me.

Now you gotta look out for a mariachi band playing a red 7 string if it did go south of the border!
Closed Thread