homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Jackson 7 String Fans - Chris Broderick 7 String Signature

For Pricing - Contact Matt @ Matt's Music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Guitars Blog
New Jackson Custom Shop Signature Model for Megadeth’s Broderick
Posted: January 10th, 2011

Broderick, and a tantalizing glimpse of just the headstock of his new signature Soloist model.

Megadeth fans will be excited to learn that the Jackson Custom Shop is introducing its new Chris Broderick signature guitar model in January 2011. Broderick himself worked closely with Custom Shop master craftsmen to create a distinctive guitar based on a classic Jackson design.

That guitar, the Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist™, brings his long and exacting search for instrumental excellence to a most satisfying conclusion.

“After an exhaustive search for the highest-quality instrument, I’ve found it at Jackson,” Broderick said. “I’ve been looking for a guitar this incredible for quite a while, and the guys at the Custom Shop really understood what I was after and where I was coming from. I have spent countless hours ensuring that this guitar is playable and stylish.”

Broderick’s Soloist model boasts an unusual new touch in the form of a slightly offset carved-top body design for which the guitarist collaborated with longtime Jackson Custom Shop Master Builder Mike Shannon. Other features include dual DiMarzioŽ humbucking pickups and a 24-fret 12”-radius fingerboard. Further, the guitar will be available in six- and seven-string models.

The Colorado-bred Broderick is not only a formidable shred guitarist, but also an extraordinary musician in a much wider sense. He started playing at age 10, studying guitar, voice, violin and piano, and eagerly devoured a wealth of diverse musical influences extending well beyond rock into classical, jazz, blues and country forms. He earned a degree in classical guitar performance from the University of Denver’s Lamont School of Music, and he himself has taught guitar for more than a dozen years.

Broderick joined Megadeth in early 2008. His molten guitar work has contributed to the band’s current revitalization, including 2009 album Endgame, the American Carnage and Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary tours, and the summer 2010 Sonisphere Festival shows in Europe that featured several metallically historic Big Four shows.

Jackson’s unveiling of Broderick’s new signature model comes closely on the heels of the guitar maker’s announcement of its partnership with Megadeth bassist David Ellefson, who received his own new signature bass model in early 2011 and who will be collaborating with Jackson on the development of other new bass models.

djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
-One-, 4jfor, 7StringedBeast, ajdehoogh, aleXander, Anthony, apiss, ascender, AvantGuardian, AVH, ayambakar, BigBaldIan, Blackheim, Bloody_Inferno, BrainArt, cfrank, Cheesebuiscut, CloudAC, clouds, CooleyJr, CrushingAnvil, cwhitey2, Daiephir, Dan, Deadfall, deathscar, DesertBurst, dis89, Double A, DVRP, EliNoPants, Emperoff, ESPImperium, EtherealEntity, failshredder, Fionn, Fred the Shred, fretninjadave, FYP666, GuitaristOfHell, haffner1, heavy7-665, Hemi-Powered Drone, hutchman, JamesM, Jogeta, Kel668, kmanick, Konfyouzd, leonardo7, Louis Cypher, MaKo´s Tethan, Mattmc74, MaxOfMetal, MetalGravy, Metalhead77479, Metalus, metal_sam14, MJS, MrGignac, NickDowe, nikt, nojyeloot, Pablo, petereanima, Philligan, possumkiller, QuambaFu, ralphy1976, Randy, Razzy, Rick, right_to_rage, Rorschach, schecter4life, scherzo1928, Sebastian, Senensis, SenorDingDong, setsuna7, Shawn, Shinto, Skin Coffin, Skirvin, space frog, Stealthtastic, svart, s_k_mullins, tacotiklah, techcoreriffman, technomancer, TheHandOfStone, TheWreck, Tristoner7, vhmetalx, Vicissitude27, wannabguitarist, WickedSymphony, Wookieslayer, Xaios, XeoFLCL, Xiphos68, zack6
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
BlackByPopularDemand

aleXander is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!
You and me both man!
THat's going to be a really killer guitar.
And if it has the same headstock on the seven string I'm for sure getting it.

Check out my new band ClockWork
Debut track will be out soon!

ClockWork Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ClockWork/183811201665419

aleXander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy shit it's gonna be a seven!
Hemi-Powered Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
: roll :

techcoreriffman is just really nicetechcoreriffman is just really nice
SO EXCITED!

[SevenStringSam] 8:31 pm: im literally gunna shove an ice dildo up my ass

[Necris] 4:55 pm: Its like going balls deep on a whale when its rectum is made of cactuses.
[Necris] 4:56 pm: Another song title.
techcoreriffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Nice!

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Why can't I thank my OWN thread!!

Man I'm waiting for this to come out asap
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
Manatee Inhumonolith

DaddleCecapitation is just really niceDaddleCecapitation is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think I speak on behalf of all people wanting a Chris Broderick sig when I say:

"IT'S ABOUT GODDAMN TIME!!!"

"Seven strings are interesting. If you don't agree, you can .... off!" - Richard Dawkins
DaddleCecapitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #9
fuzzymuffler

BlackWidowESP is a jewel in the rough
That would be funny if it was a Y2KV
BlackWidowESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Why can't I thank my OWN thread!!

Man I'm waiting for this to come out asap
Be the first to get one and we'll thank you 3 fold.

And once you get one..... DIBS?
Bloody_Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

possumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

sol niger 333: "I'm guessing a dildo was used. A truth dildo."
possumkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
Be the first to get one and we'll thank you 3 fold.

And once you get one..... DIBS?
that the specs don't blow ass chunks and I *might* get one. So far I've only seen the headstock for the 6 string which is a reverse SLS headstock. That's like judging a girls looks from a photo of her fingernail.
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
ss.org Regular

Kel668 is a jewel in the rough
I REALLY thought I wasn't going to be wanting to buy a new electric this year. Don't get me wrong, there's some cool stuff that's been leaked for 2011, but nothing that blew my kilt up and screamed "YOU MUST HAVE THIS!"

Until now.

Dammit...

(I know, I'm saying this like it's a bad thing. It totally isn't. And this guy deserves a sig like whoa. And if that's coming out in 7-string form, then I'm all over it like dead on Elvis.)
Kel668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
^^Or her ass. Because a good one can really make an ugly girl look alooooot better.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
that the specs don't blow ass chunks and I *might* get one. So far I've only seen the headstock for the 6 string which is a reverse SLS headstock. That's like judging a girls looks from a photo of her fingernail.
Only known pic:

Quite the tease ain't it.
Bloody_Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #16
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
I really hope this offered in a USA and MIJ.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

Kel668 is a jewel in the rough

Another cruel tease of a pic.
Kel668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
No longer 7-less

devolutionary is a jewel in the rough
Holy crap! It doesn't have the off-putting headstock either! Now that -is- tempting!

You know, I'm not going to hate or target you for neg. rep. if you leave your name. I'm sure I can find plenty of other reasons to hate

Stop calling it detuned. It's tuned, just not to standard. It's not a ....ing DeVries.
devolutionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
Banned

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Im extremely excited that its going to be available as a 7 as well! Jackson rules! If I had my pick of the big companies, Id consider ESP but Id go with Jackson probably cause not only are they super nice but the custom shop is nearby in Arizona. This guitar is gonna seriously be incredible. MIJ Jacksons are nice too. Anyone guess on the specs?
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #20
Trippin' balls

Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Damn, I've been gone awhile. Last time I was on here Broderick was with Ibanez. What happen to that?

Too much blood in my alcohol system
Kotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #21
Manatee Inhumonolith

DaddleCecapitation is just really niceDaddleCecapitation is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lesson learned: If you want a signature model, don't go to Ibanez.

I don't think Dino will follow suit any time soon. Damn Ibanazi!

"Seven strings are interesting. If you don't agree, you can .... off!" - Richard Dawkins
DaddleCecapitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #22
Oaf Tobar

ROAR is just really niceROAR is just really nice
This is epic.
I really wanna see the finish and 7 string model!

ROAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #23
The White-Knuckler

Philligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That headstock's amazing

I'm guessing it'll be semi-close to his first LACS (wasn't it?) Ibby (trans black on flame maple, natural binding), in which case, my only beef will be the 12" fretboard radius, but I can deal with that

My Flickr.

"it blowed the emg's in the dirt" - De Vries

"Richlite is to Paper Mache as Carbon Composite is to charcoal briquettes." - Max
Philligan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

DarkSaga is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I want a full guitar pic NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Oh boy....the GAS juices are a bubblin in me tummy!! hahaha

If this looks as tasty as I think it is, then i am pretty sure i am gonna order one as soon as it is available

This is going be a USA production guitar right and not an import?
DarkSaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #25
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philligan View Post
That headstock's amazing

I'm guessing it'll be semi-close to his first LACS (wasn't it?) Ibby (trans black on flame maple, natural binding), in which case, my only beef will be the 12" fretboard radius, but I can deal with that
It *might* be the 12-16" from Jackson because someone still put in the hyphen in the blog if you see up in the OP. 12-16 is way easier to play and hopefully he's accepted that. Otherwise nothing a luthier or a good tech can't change.