homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #126
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 136 reviews
1 more day till NAMM starts...
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #127
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
.. and i ran out of monster energy already...
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #128
pixel pusher

mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Very interesting to see how this turns out. Heh and now Mesh has another Jackson CS 7 to go into his collection
mikernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #129
ss.org Regular

I AM THE OCEAN is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Siiiick.
I AM THE OCEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #130
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikernaut View Post
Very interesting to see how this turns out. Heh and now Mesh has another Jackson CS 7 to go into his collection
+1. Maybe me, too. I'll find the money for a USA if I like it...

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #131
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
YES! More than yes. Yes times two, at the very least.

I love the SLS headstock, I love carved top superstrats, and seeing as how this won't have EMG helipads in it, I'm quite stoked. And I'm also happy they went without the sharkfin inlays

I'll see if I can justify getting a dual humbucker guitar (I'm an HSS guy) but this sure as hell seems to fit me better than any production 7-string so far.

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #132
SS.org Regular

potatohead is a name known to allpotatohead is a name known to allpotatohead is a name known to allpotatohead is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
1 more day till NAMM starts...
Doesn't it start Thursday?

My bet is this is based on the MIJ SLAT-7, and will cost about 10 - 15% more than those. It doesn't make sense to release it as a USA model and sell ten of them... Unless they do both, like ESP does with some sigs or Ibanez does with the MTM's.
potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #133
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatohead View Post
Doesn't it start Thursday?

My bet is this is based on the MIJ SLAT-7, and will cost about 10 - 15% more than those. It doesn't make sense to release it as a USA model and sell ten of them... Unless they do both, like ESP does with some sigs or Ibanez does with the MTM's.
I'll bet there's a 100 piece USA small run, then a production MIJ version after that. That's what I'm sure the Ellefson bass will be.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #134
Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

InTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Anyone want to buy a PRS Allender SE...Mode Four cab...kidney?

If they do it is a MIJ, one will be mine. Soon.

Sabaton
InTheRavensName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #135
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIce View Post
YES! More than yes. Yes times two, at the very least.

I love the SLS headstock, I love carved top superstrats, and seeing as how this won't have EMG helipads in it, I'm quite stoked. And I'm also happy they went without the sharkfin inlays

I'll see if I can justify getting a dual humbucker guitar (I'm an HSS guy) but this sure as hell seems to fit me better than any production 7-string so far.

Solutions-Pickguard or soap bars
Hemi-Powered Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #136
Jackson Whore

Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 51 reviews
Man yeah. I think ill get one myself.. Looks damn good.

Got Sharkfins?
Corpsegrinder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #137
Bald and gribbly.

BigBaldIan is just really niceBigBaldIan is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
I'll bet there's a 100 piece USA small run, then a production MIJ version after that. That's what I'm sure the Ellefson bass will be.
Based on past experience? I certainly hope so.
BigBaldIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #138
\m/

vhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is it being introduced first say at NAMM? Will there be LEGIT pics then?
Am I asking unanswerable questions?!

"DUDE YOU ARE F*CKING DEAF"
"No i'm not.. I'm a musician"
vhmetalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #139
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Way to .... it up, Ibanez.

Congrats, Chris, that's really great for you!

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #140
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
I'm betting this kills the COW as a product, too. They haven't been selling.
It quit selling because they doubled the price on the damn thing. There's no reason in the universe that the COW (6 or 7) should cost more than a DK2. It's got cheaper hardware (TOM bridge, 1 pickup, 1 knob) and takes significantly less labor to produce (no binding, no inlays, no trem route, 1 pickup route, 1 pot to install). Its original price of ~$600 was perfect. Bring it down to 699 with case just like a DK2 and people might actually buy it - I know I'd be interested in a Red Blue Pearl 6 or 7.
troyguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #141
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammettHateCrew View Post
I'm pretty sure it was because they used his design elements on the 2010 RGA Prestige models without his permission. He did have a signature design, but when Ibanez took the unique elements of Chris's RGA's, it kinda made giving him a signature a useless venture because the production models were close enough.
Though, since he was a signed endorsee, everything he "designs" for Ibanez is their property, not his. Unless he pulled an EVH, but seeing as there's no litigation, I'm incline to believe that didn't happen. If he wanted the features of his customs to remain unique to his he should have said/signed something from the get go.

Sounds like someone didn't read their contract and is a little ticked about it after the fact.

What I find suspect is that he didn't really have all these "problems" with Ibanez until he started working with Jackson and they offered him a couple of sigs.

The same goes for the whole "using name without permission". Once again, Ibanez had been doing it as early as 08'/09' and he certainly didn't have a problem with it then. Also once again, if Ibanez was "wrong" in doing so, then there would be some form of litigation, whether it be monetary or simply Ibanez not being allowed to distribute materials via cease and desist.

Like I said, this is reading much more like Chris just really wanted something that Ibanez was not quite ready to let him have. As such he decided to move on, which I think any of us would do in the same situation, especially if there is another company offering exactly what you want. The whole "Ibanez did this" and "Ibanez did that" just seems like a thinly veiled ".... you", and more of an "excuse" to move on than a solid, founded reason. I guess saying "yeah, I wanted more" would have been frowned upon by some.

Either way, I'm happy to see a potentially killer spec'd, quality Jackson 7 hit the market after that highly disappointing (to me anyway) SLAT3-7.

I really dig Jackson guitars, especially the Dinky, Soloist, and King V, always have, and I'm really looking forward to this guitar to see what it has to offer. The "offset body" is intriguing to me. It's sounding like it's going to be a cross between an RGA, Saber, and Soloist...........which is ....ing awesome. Chris has some really good taste in guitars, so I know it's going to look hot.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #142
SS.org Regular

potatohead is a name known to allpotatohead is a name known to allpotatohead is a name known to allpotatohead is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think it's safe to assume Jackson showed him a wad of dough... Everything else is smoke and mirrors. I'd switch, too.
potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #143
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
pretty ....ing stoked
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #144
Oaf Tobar

ROAR is just really niceROAR is just really nice
I think we can all agree MaxOfMetal is probably spot on

ROAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #145
ss.org Regular

divide is on a distinguished road
Wow, this can be exciting. But i would like to have Jackson Kelly or Warrior 7 more than dinky/soloist 7.
divide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #146
Jackson Whore

Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 51 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by divide View Post
Wow, this can be exciting. But i would like to have Jackson Kelly or Warrior 7 more than dinky/soloist 7.
They had a Kelly 7 in Japan for awhile.. I also would love to have one of those..

Got Sharkfins?
Corpsegrinder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #147
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade629 View Post
Solutions-Pickguard or soap bars
Pickguards on carved tops rarely look that good to me, and I definately wouldn't bolt a pickguard to a 2000 dollar guitar. And as for soap bars, assuming you mean empty 707 covers... why would I route for one of those just to chuck a singlecoil in there? It'd look strange with a passive bridge humbucker, not to mention damage the resale value immensely.

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #148
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by divide View Post
I'd love a Warrior 7, but I don't see it anytime soon. Then again, I've been wrong before...

Unread 01-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #149
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 136 reviews
A very good chance Jackson is willing to shell out the $$ and make him a signature model when Ibanez wasn't.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #150
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
Sounds like someone didn't read their contract and is a little ticked about it after the fact.

What I find suspect is that he didn't really have all these "problems" with Ibanez until he started working with Jackson and they offered him a couple of sigs.
He wanted a sig, but Ibanez said no and gave him customs instead, then they end up releasing something pretty similar to what he wanted in a sig anyway. That kinda says 'yeah we like your ideas but we don't want your name attached to it'. I'd be kinda annoyed if I were someone as talented as Broderick with the reputation to boot. If they think it would sell as a standalone guitar, whats the big deal about having his name on tiny letters on the headstock? Besides, any issues he did have he would've had to have kept to himself being under contract, you don't 'shit where you eat'.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote