homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

Shaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hell yeah!!

Today, I got my Schecter Hellraiser C-7. Brand new. It's pretty much I all want for a guitar. The Ibanez RG1527 was great, but not really my cup of tea.

This is one serious guitar. I am so happy

But I know, I know, less words, more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hell1.JPG (131.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Hell2.JPG (108.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Hell3.JPG (102.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Hell4.JPG (86.8 KB, 54 views)
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #2
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
pretty cool

any modifications in mind, or are you leaving it stock?

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
woo hoo! Glad you picked the best color Black Cherry, she's a beauty, now go play til your fingers bleed brotha
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 08:28 AM   #4

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Congrats!

Congo-rats!

Toshiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Very nice. Why can't more manufacturer's produce guitars this beautiful?
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #6
b3n
...Is unacceptable.

b3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to beholdb3n is a splendid one to behold
Schecter have some awesome looking axes, this one included.

Congrats
b3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #7

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
They need to make a Blackjack with a black quilt top. Then I'd have 2 7s.
Toshiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 09:29 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

Shaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshiro
They need to make a Blackjack with a black quilt top. Then I'd have 2 7s.

That would be a great idea!

No modifications needed besides straplocks which I allready installed.

This thing reall sings even without an amp. You can really feel the body vibrating and the sustain is awesome. It's like the Spinal Tap Les Paul

And yes, the neck is very fast. I played an Ibanez Wizard neck for a year, but I have no problems whatsoever with this neck. It's just so damn comfortable. And the upper fret access is great as well. So no problems I couldn't be more happier.
Unread 08-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #9
Metal Dog

Sentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Congrats, Shaman. The Black Cherry Hellraiser is one of my true dream guitars, and everytime I see somebody scoop one up, it just makes me want one even more. Enjoy the hell out of it, man.
Sentient is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #10
ss.org Regular

Xoiijin is on a distinguished road
Grats man...she looks killer.

Im looking to pick up a new 7 string, i unloaded my Ibanez a while back, it just was not right for me. I want to pick up either a Carvin or a Hellraiser.

Xoiijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 11:23 AM   #11
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Congrats! Beautiful guitar.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #12
Hasta la vista, Baby

Emperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud of
Awesome axe, I have the black one and I'm totally in love with it, congrats!
Emperoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #13
Fatal Havoc

Mykie is just really niceMykie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666
I agree

6-string guitarist to a 7-string guitarist
Mykie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 02:08 PM   #14
Avant Temporal

right_to_rage is just really niceright_to_rage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I asked in another thread but no one answered , how do the emgs sound when you roll back on the volume knob, do they clean up with distortion? could you post some clips of a clean sound so i can get an idea?
right_to_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #15
ouh...

Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.Seedawakener is pretty damn metal.
It sure is a great guitar! congratz!

Check out my Myspace for some fusion and prog! www.myspace.com/ianeiderbo
Seedawakener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #16
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by right_to_rage
I asked in another thread but no one answered , how do the emgs sound when you roll back on the volume knob, do they clean up with distortion? could you post some clips of a clean sound so i can get an idea?
if you're playing through a tube amp, yes, it should clean up, since you'll be sending less signal to the amp, and therefore, there will be less signal to overdrive the preamp tubes. as far as how much or how clean you can get EMG's to do this, i don't know.

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #17
Avant Temporal

Id love to hear a sound clip of this guitar playing somthing clean, just cause the idea of having that tight metal crunch is awsome, but it has to sound decent for softer sounds. i love the look of the red too, awsome looking guitar by the way!
Unread 08-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

In my opinion EMG's clean up very well when using the volume knob, maybe even more than passives. So yes, you can get clean tones from 'em.

I usually turn my clean channel louder than my dist channel, to compensate the loss of volume caused by the decreased volume when I have the guitar's volume rolled down.

I'll try to post some sound samples tomorrow. Now, I shall go and play->

Oh, and thanks guys
Unread 08-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #19
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Congrats. I love those black cherry Hellraisers. Looking forward to the sound clips
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

Well I have posted a soundclip containing both distorted and clean stuff played with the Hellraiser.

The setup was: Hellraiser-TS9-Peavey 6505-Beyerdynamic Opus69 mic placed dead center but angled a bit. No effects.

I think I will move the mic a bit away from the center to smoothen the tone, but I don't know before I test it with a bass. And the clean channel on the 6505 is really not the best clean channel, so with a good clean amp, the EMG's sound even better.

These clips are from songs I am working on, so you may comment on those as well.

http://www.myspace.com/shaman84

There you go
Unread 08-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #21
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666
I think you mean why can't more brands make axes as beautiful as ESP :p ooohh... ooh yeasssss..

That's a sick axe, they sound great (although too creamy for me) and feel good, I hope you love it.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2006, 02:25 PM   #22
Avant Temporal

Thanks alot for the clips man, the crunch is huge, and the clean is very clean which is great. I think this will be my next guitar.

Did you do the distortion with the bridge and clean with the neck?
Unread 08-24-2006, 04:07 PM   #23
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-EJ915
I think you mean why can't more brands make axes as beautiful as ESP :p ooohh... ooh yeasssss..
....ing hell! Are those production models or custom shop?
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by right_to_rage
Thanks alot for the clips man, the crunch is huge, and the clean is very clean which is great. I think this will be my next guitar.

Did you do the distortion with the bridge and clean with the neck?
I used both pickups when playing the clean part and only the bridge pickup when playing the distorted stuff.

I am glad I got you convinced

I still get shivers down my spine when I see my Hellraiser. It's just a stunning guitar! I couldn't be more happier

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-EJ915

That's a sick axe, they sound great (although too creamy for me) and feel good, I hope you love it.
Gorgeous top on the ESP, I must say

Last edited by Shaman; 08-24-2006 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 08-25-2006, 01:31 AM   #25
ss.org Regular

YngwieReid is on a distinguished road
Congratulations!

Just wondering how you're liking the neck?

Definetly a killer guitar!

~AJ. Reid

I'm the biggest 80's hair metal fan alive

Inspiration:Andy Timmons, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Richie Kotzen.
http://www.myspace.com/randomreid

It doesn't get better than this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBTX_TXm_HQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aOIiC5ulA8
YngwieReid is offline   Reply With Quote