homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-21-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Irrational GAS

Does anyone else suffer from GAS for stuff they really shouldn't? I've unexplainably GASing for one of the 25.5" scale tabacco burst SC-607's for a few weeks. Unexplainable because I hate the pickup arrangement, hate tabacco bursts, dislike the fatter ESP neck profile and I prefer passive's to EMG's. I just want one soooo badly. It doesn't help that Dormant liked this site in another thread which has them for 737, a whole 300 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen them.
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-21-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
no thats not irrational... i think.... ive really been lusting after one too... when id much prefer a new ibanez or a S7 if i can find one ( yeah thats likely), and one with a trem as well, but they do look really really nice, even the tobacco burst, i think they have one in black down denmark street in london, id quite like to try it out.. verdict: your not mad, they just look really nice

Knights that say
Mr. S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
SS Contributor

7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I understand the GAS...not for that (though i do like them) but for another Carvin. priced out what i'd want, $1070. Ugh
7StringofAblicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I've been toying with the idea of picking up a Tech-21 Trademark 30 as a jam session amp - irrational because I'm completely ....ing in love with my Nomad and haven't played anything that sounds better, even at low volumes, but rational because the 30 weighs in at like 14 pounds.

I intentionally DIDN'T throw my 7 in the back of my car when I left for work today so I wouldn't have it with me when I went back to the Berkshires (the guitar shop I frequent back there sells Tech-21), but I don't know if that'll stop me.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666
Does anyone else suffer from GAS for stuff they really shouldn't? I've unexplainably GASing for one of the 25.5" scale tabacco burst SC-607's for a few weeks. Unexplainable because I hate the pickup arrangement, hate tabacco bursts, dislike the fatter ESP neck profile and I prefer passive's to EMG's. I just want one soooo badly. It doesn't help that Dormant liked this site in another thread which has them for 737, a whole 300 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen them.
Sorry man. Didn't mean to fuel the fire! But at the same time what's money for apart from spending it on things you want?
Dormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. S
i think they have one in black down denmark street in london, id quite like to try it out.. verdict: your not mad, they just look really nice
Do you know which shop? I don't think I'll cure this GAS until I try one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormant
Sorry man. Didn't mean to fuel the fire! But at the same time what's money for apart from spending it on things you want?
Nah, it's not your fault. It's ....ed up because I dislike most of the key things about it, and I'm trying to save for a custom. I just can't help wanting one!

Last edited by metalfiend666; 07-21-2006 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 07-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #7
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've been really GASing for an RG1077XLRB but I really don't need one.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #8
Fuelled by Chicken alone.

Lankles is just really niceLankles is just really nice
Line 6 HD 147.

I don't know why, I've never even played one.
It must be the ugly-ass faceplate.
Lankles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Do you know which shop? I don't think I'll cure this GAS until I try one.
im not sure what the shop is called but they had/have a UV777GR (man that was fun to play!) in there and last time i went it was in the front window and an old pink steve vai guitar for waaaaay too much, i think the shop is at the far right of the street (as you come from the astoria) but i could be wrong, i do get so disorientated in that street for some reason (probally the excitement of being in a street deicated to guitars ) but let me know how you get on if you try it out, i think i'll give it a go as well next time im in london

Knights that say
Unread 07-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #10
Mr. Melody

TheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud ofTheReal7 has much to be proud of
I don't think my GAS is irrational LOL

here is my list for the near future:

AKG C 414 B-XL II/ST matched stereo pair - $2200
AKG D 112 - $200
Royer R-121 - $1100
Great River MP-2NV - $2150
GERMANIUM PRE AMP/DI - $1100
Great River EQ-2NV - $2800
Empirical Labs Fatso Jr. EL7 - $2250
Apogee Rosetta 200 - $1795
Tannoy Reveal 5A - $700
Plus a patch bay
And all cables needed to hook this all up

www.myspace.com/scottkroekermusic
TheReal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #11
The Fusion Guy!

jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Does anyone else suffer from GAS for stuff they really shouldn't?
Umm, that's pretty much my permanent condition...

Check out my home page: www.councilofone.net
jacksonplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #12
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. S
im not sure what the shop is called but they had/have a UV777GR (man that was fun to play!) in there and last time i went it was in the front window and an old pink steve vai guitar for waaaaay too much, i think the shop is at the far right of the street (as you come from the astoria) but i could be wrong, i do get so disorientated in that street for some reason (probally the excitement of being in a street deicated to guitars ) but let me know how you get on if you try it out, i think i'll give it a go as well next time im in london
It had to be Rockers. They are the only ESP supplier in London.
Dormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #13
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
I want one of those Epiphone Goth LP7's so bad that I can taste it. I have no idea why, because I have two sevens that will probably smoke it, and I just sold a Les Paul a year ago. There really is no rational reason for me wanting one.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #14
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonplayer
Umm, that's pretty much my permanent condition...
True 'dat.

I have small GAS lately - different OD pedals, preamp tubes, cables, etc. There's nothing realy big I'm dying for, but, hey, I'm a guitarist - I'm allways looking for ways to .... up my tone.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 12:51 PM   #15
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal7
I don't think my GAS is irrational LOL

here is my list for the near future:

AKG C 414 B-XL II/ST matched stereo pair - $2200
AKG D 112 - $200
Royer R-121 - $1100
Great River MP-2NV - $2150
GERMANIUM PRE AMP/DI - $1100
Great River EQ-2NV - $2800
Empirical Labs Fatso Jr. EL7 - $2250
Apogee Rosetta 200 - $1795
Tannoy Reveal 5A - $700
Plus a patch bay
And all cables needed to hook this all up
quit browsing gearslutz

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2006, 10:33 AM   #16
-

I've tracked down why I want the SC607, it's the only cheap neck-through 7 you can currently get new.
Unread 07-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #17
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Rational GAS (hey, that would be a great songtitle!)...

New synthesizer...with the proper number of weighted keys.
12 string acoustic
Boss Dr Rhythm Drum machine

Irrational GAS...

Mana signature ESP

Rational GAS (hey, that would be a great songtitle!)...

New synthesizer...with the proper number of weighted keys.
12 string acoustic
Boss Dr Rhythm Drum machine
LAG Stephan Forte Model

Irrational GAS...

Mana signature ESP

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/

Last edited by distressed_romeo; 07-22-2006 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
tacos?

Quote:
I've tracked down why I want the SC607, it's the only cheap neck-through 7 you can currently get new.
thats true, i really wish ibanez would put out a thru neck 7, kinda like the RGT42 so similar price range... my one is awesome and it cost me a pittance, but of course Ibanez=Boring so its not going to happen

i think im going to try out that Steph sig as well y'know, i should be going to london some time next month so that beast is mine for an hour or two

Knights that say
Unread 07-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #19
Djentleman

angryman is just really niceangryman is just really nice
I'm really GASing for a Blackmachine 7 in snakewood, also a Jackson COW & ESP Viper 7. I'd really like a Peavey XXX to go with my 5150 too.
angryman is offline   Reply With Quote