homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-17-2006, 12:17 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

DBDbadreligion is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tremolo bar question.

i was watching a steve vai dvd i have, and him and dave weener were able to keep the whammy bars all the way back away from the nut. there whammy bars dont screw in either. i have tightened the nut that holds it in as tight as it goes. mine still dont stay in place like there's, does this mean i need new tremolo arm bushings?

thanks,

nick

www.facebook.com/nlandt

ESP-LTD Viper 407 > Dunlop Crybaby > Boss TU-2 > Mesa/Boogie DC-5.
DBDbadreligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-17-2006, 12:22 AM   #2
Aye.

Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Their whammy bars look like this:

Those white bushings make it so that their bar can stay pointed towards the back of the guitar body. If your trem has these aswell and doesn't screw in, then yes, change the bushings and it should work fine.

POOF!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
ss.org Regular

ok yeah mine looks like that, ill just have to order some bushings from ibanez rules.

www.facebook.com/nlandt

Unread 07-17-2006, 12:29 AM   #4
Aye.

Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
yup. it'll give it a nice tight fit and work lke a charm.

They are hard as hell to get off though...

POOF!
Unread 07-17-2006, 12:31 AM   #5
ss.org Regular

ok how long will they last?

and is there anywhere else i can buy them?

www.facebook.com/nlandt

Unread 07-17-2006, 12:37 AM   #6
Aye.

ebay has them every now and then. It's 12 bucks for 6 bushings I think. And they last a very long time. One pack of 12 should last you a good year or two atleast. Depending on how often you'll be wearing them down.

POOF!
Unread 07-17-2006, 12:40 AM   #7
ss.org Regular

yeah, i just dont like that i cant pay with a credit card on ibanez rules.
i could just buy a new arm from ebay.

www.facebook.com/nlandt

Unread 07-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #8
SS Contributor

ChrisPcritter is a glorious beacon of lightChrisPcritter is a glorious beacon of lightChrisPcritter is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Call Ibanez direct and you can pay with a credit card. Make sure they don't shaft you on the shipping tho. Chris
I'll pm you the number..
ChrisPcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 12:53 AM   #9
Aye.

Send me your address in a pm and i'll mail a couple to you free of charge

POOF!