homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

musopaul is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blackmachine Guitars?

Anyone on here got any experience of a 7 string Blackmachine?!

Cant seem to find any info on reviews, prices, lead times or options.

Tried to contact them on the website with no joy!

Thanks,
musopaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
2-3 year backlog, not currently taking orders. I think that about sums it up

Oh and a ridiculously large cadre of fanbois who have never even seen one in person much less played one.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Uncle Remus is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
They have received mythical status amongst some people but I think it's getting a bit out of hand now
Uncle Remus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Poho is just really nicePoho is just really nice
i've been on a waiting list to have a B2 made for over a year now, and i haven't heard from Doug since he put me on the list

EDIT: not to complain or anything. just noting that the demand for these is tremendous, and the poor dude makes all of them by hand by himself
Mabon likes this.
Poho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #5

-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post

Oh and a ridiculously large cadre of fanbois who have never even seen one in person much less played one.
This.
But, they are awesome.
-Nolly- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
ss.org Regular

FearFactoryDBCR has a spectacular aura about
Isn't there a dude on youtube with one?

It's a B7 or B8

Either way he can't play one. Best to check it out though to give you an idea on craftsmanship and tone.
FearFactoryDBCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Great reputation around here, awefully long wait list.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Quote:

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 03:13 AM   #9
Banned

iondestroyer1527 is a jewel in the rough
i want one but am resigned to the fact that i'll never have one...they LOOK cool enough to pay the money to get one
iondestroyer1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 04:02 AM   #10
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

this pretty much sums it up
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

Meshugger is a jewel in the rough
The Blackmachines are slowly becoming the Stradivariuses of guitars. At least according to the hype that surrounds them.

And yes, i would love to try one out.
Meshugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #12

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Ive heard of them on this site but thats about it. Other than here Ive never heard of them. They are not a very well known company really. So my question is, why such a long wait? Im not sure I can ever support a company that doesnt respond and takes nearly 3 years to produce a guitar.
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #13
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^Its not a company. its ONE guy, Doug. The only reason he has the Blackmachine name is ... actually i have no total idea, but i think its just so his guitars have a name. :

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Demeyes is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo7 View Post
Ive heard of them on this site but thats about it. Other than here Ive never heard of them. They are not a very well known company really. So my question is, why such a long wait? Im not sure I can ever support a company that doesnt respond and takes nearly 3 years to produce a guitar.
Well Blackmachine is just one guy, he makes the guitars and has to deal with people getting in touch about them too. He can only make so much by himself and with the hype about them that makes for a long wait time. Plus the more time he spends contacting people about the status of their build, the less time he can spend on working on the guitar itself.
Demeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

Meshugger is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Wait did you just mean that he doesn't take any orders for the next 2-3 years? So, if i would happen to save money for a B7 for the next 2-3 years, i would just be on the waiting list? Which in turn would mean that another 2-3 years to get one done for me? Ultimately, this would mean that i would have to wait 6 years in total?

If so, sign me up to batshitcrazyland, because i might have the 3500 by then
Meshugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #16
REBIRTH

rebirth will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeyes View Post
Well Blackmachine is just one guy, he makes the guitars and has to deal with people getting in touch about them too. He can only make so much by himself and with the hype about them that makes for a long wait time. Plus the more time he spends contacting people about the status of their build, the less time he can spend on working on the guitar itself.

Correct however that being said you can order a black machine b6 anytime for 1600 pounds, however this is a really stripped down black machine guitar without all the stuff that makes them sooo desirable.
I would take my ESP mx 250 Explorer custom order over any black machine 6 string, although to be fair it cost's a lot more to make than a black machine lol.
rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

Deathbringer769 will become famous soon enough
What makes Blackmachines so much better/desirable than other top quality custom shops/luthiers? Is it because of their mythical rarity? Because Bulb has one? Or are they just that good?
Deathbringer769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #18

-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbringer769 View Post
What makes Blackmachines so much better/desirable than other top quality custom shops/luthiers? Is it because of their mythical rarity? Because Bulb has one? Or are they just that good?
Aesthetics + mystique + scarcity + great instruments.

The hype has existed since long before Misha got his, though that surely hasn't helped.
-Nolly- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #19

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
A one man show huh? That makes sense as to the wait time. I guess its a case of if you want one bad enough and are willing to wait then its worth it. Id bet his guitars dont drop in value much do they! He should bust ass and make a short run of some popular specs. They would go fast from Ive heard.
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #20
sweep.tap.sweep

xwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbringer769 View Post
I think I have one of the first ones to show up in the western hemisphere. I got mine pretty much right after the Sikth dude started playing them but I dont think people were even that big into Sikth at that point. At that point they were pretty mysterious but there wasn't much hype. People just thought they looked cool. I waited about a year for mine and it is a really great instrument. Doug blatantly ignored my specs and built my guitar with a swamp ash body when I requested mahogany and he specifically said he had some one piece mahogany blanks in stock. After waiting a year I was pretty pissed since he indicated that he would take pretty much just as long to build a replacement if I wanted my order done right. I got free shipping and called it a day. Sort of soured me on the whole thing a little. Doesn't make the guitar any less great though. Its like a piano with strap buttons.

I would like to play one of his fanned-fret instruments as they look cool but I dont think I would order another after the issue with the body wood on my B2. I love all the ebony mine has though.
xwmucradiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #21
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwmucradiox View Post
I think I have one of the first ones to show up in the western hemisphere. I got mine pretty much right after the Sikth dude started playing them but I dont think people were even that big into Sikth at that point. At that point they were pretty mysterious but there wasn't much hype. People just thought they looked cool. I waited about a year for mine and it is a really great instrument. Doug blatantly ignored my specs and built my guitar with a swamp ash body when I requested mahogany and he specifically said he had some one piece mahogany blanks in stock. After waiting a year I was pretty pissed since he indicated that he would take pretty much just as long to build a replacement if I wanted my order done right. I got free shipping and called it a day. Sort of soured me on the whole thing a little. Doesn't make the guitar any less great though. Its like a piano with strap buttons.

I would like to play one of his fanned-fret instruments as they look cool but I dont think I would order another after the issue with the body wood on my B2. I love all the ebony mine has though.
thats one thing i do hear. Doug thinking he knows what the customers want more than the customers do. I understand not wanting to do certain methods i.e. neck through vs. bolt on because of your philosphy, but that wood issue is bs. and to correct it, you should have been first on the list.

Confront and Destroy!
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #22
sweep.tap.sweep

xwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to beholdxwmucradiox is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Strings of Hate View Post
thats one thing i do hear. Doug thinking he knows what the customers want more than the customers do. I understand not wanting to do certain methods i.e. neck through vs. bolt on because of your philosphy, but that wood issue is bs. and to correct it, you should have been first on the list.
Yeah he just didn't seem interested in making any serious effort to correct the issue. I understand the guy has a philosophy and I would have been fine if he said "look I only make these in swamp ash" but to say I have the wood in my hand for your build and then go in a completely different direction was really weak.

Oddly enough if I were to order another metal guitar custom I would probably get swamp ash.
xwmucradiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #23
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Pretty sure the Blachmachine shop is based in Mount Olympus, the long waiting order is because he gets harpies to courier the order forms to him.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #24
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwmucradiox View Post
Oddly enough if I were to order another metal guitar custom I would probably get swamp ash.
Maybe he DID know what you wanted.

thats pretty annoying though. i don't give a shit about wood, but if he had changed something else like the bridge type or something like that, i would probably be pissed.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #25
Call me Charlie :)

CloudAC is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
Maybe he DID know what you wanted.

thats pretty annoying though. i don't give a shit about wood, but if he had changed something else like the bridge type or something like that, i would probably be pissed.
but with Black Machine's most of the time it matters aethetics wise because of the natural finishes he uses to make them look so awesome.
CloudAC is offline   Reply With Quote