homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

View Poll Results: Will my guitar body be completed by the date on Christopher Wood's schedule?
Yes, the guitar will be done by the date on the schedule 8 6.15%
No, none of the other dates have meant anything why should this one be different 122 93.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree44Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Will Christopher Woods Deliver?

So, according to the schedule on his website, the body I ordered three years ago from Christopher Woods' online store is going to be finished in roughly two weeks. What do you think, will he actually deliver this time?

I hope so, as I could use the extra money from selling this off since I scrapped the project it was for.

The second pic is from the last update I received on 09-23-2007. The body was getting a hole drilled for a volume pot and a black burst around the edge.

I'll update the thread after the date on the schedule has rolled around and passed to let you guys know

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Now with Less Hair!

13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
HOW LONG AGO!?!?!
Unread 02-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13point9 View Post
HOW LONG AGO!?!?!
You read that right, three years give or take a month or two The body was from his store, meaning it was completed as far as the first pic when I ordered it. He nicked the flame maple top when he went to drill the hole for the knob and offered me two options, either he'd make me a new body, or he'd finish it for free. Since the finish I wanted was a green to black burst I decided to let him do the finish for free since the burst would cover the small nick in the top.

PS remember to vote in the poll
thedarkoceans likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 02-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow! that´s a long wait!

whenever these things happen, i always wonder what these guys are doing every day. like, do they actually work on anything? do they just keep on taking all the orders they get?

i know all about orders that take years to finish for no reason. it sucks! you really can´t do much about it either, ya know? you end up feeling kinda helpless.

chris woods seems to be delivering some ancient orders lately. he might just be getting ready with this thing.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
Unread 02-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 137 reviews
Sorry Steve.

Unread 02-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

MacTown09 is just really niceMacTown09 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey man that is a great looking body. What kind of trem and necks it routed for? PM me and lets have a talk about taking it off your hands
Unread 02-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

Soilent1 is just really niceSoilent1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ha ha! I know in my case it was a whole year before he even started my 7 string neck project!! Then ended up building a 6 string first run. 2 years later it arrived. The quote was 3-months build time.
Unread 02-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

yacker is just really niceyacker is just really nice
And yet, before I became active on this site I was trying to figure out who does custom 7 string guitars via google and he is one of the first names that comes up. How that's the case is beyond me, but I'm glad I did more research and didn't order a full custom from him. This is clearly a case of being pathetic at managing a business, 3 years for a body that only needed to be finished is beyond disgusting.
Unread 02-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #9
Now with Less Hair!

13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold
>.< I really don't think I could wait that long for a guitar to be made, are there a lot of builders like this then? (I've read about Devires)
Unread 02-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

avenger is a jewel in the rough
It looks like it was almost done 3 years ago. Hope you get something out of it!

Unread 02-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13point9 View Post
>.< I really don't think I could wait that long for a guitar to be made, are there a lot of builders like this then? (I've read about Devires)
Well, I ordered my first KxK IIRC 3 months before I ordered this body... I now have three completed KxKs here

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 02-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
The results so far are hilarious.
Rain likes this.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Unread 02-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Spondus is just really niceSpondus is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
The results so far are hilarious.
This.
Unread 02-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
lol,
Unread 02-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #15
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

ill be pretty surprised honestly.
Unread 02-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #16
Of Blood and Sawdust

JaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacker View Post
And yet, before I became active on this site I was trying to figure out who does custom 7 string guitars via google and he is one of the first names that comes up. How that's the case is beyond me, but I'm glad I did more research and didn't order a full custom from him. This is clearly a case of being pathetic at managing a business, 3 years for a body that only needed to be finished is beyond disgusting.
Search Engine Optimisation my friend
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

thesimo is just really nicethesimo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i guess the only thing thats keeping you waiting is the comedy factor. but jesus christ.... 3 years? You have insane patience. I'd have driven cross country and shot him by now :P
Rain likes this.
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #18
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesimo View Post
i guess the only thing thats keeping you waiting is the comedy factor. but jesus christ.... 3 years? You have insane patience. I'd have driven cross country and shot him by now :P
It's not patience, it's that it wasn't that expensive and I don't care anymore beyond the principal of the thing
SirMyghin and Rain like this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
ss.org Regular

Statue of Ages is on a distinguished road
Man, 3 years? I honestly would have forgotten about the thing by like...1 and a half years.

Sleep on, fly on. In your mind, you can fly.
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #20
S-O
t(-.-t)

S-O is just really niceS-O is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Very nice, how much?

No, really, are you selling this?
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #21
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Damn, try to stir up Chris Woods hate and get blitzed with offers to buy the body if I ever get it

This isn't a for sale thread, it's a poll.

That said, I pm'ed you out of courtesy Shawn

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 02-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #22
Carvin Afficianado

Jack Secret is shredding to new heights.Jack Secret is shredding to new heights.Jack Secret is shredding to new heights.Jack Secret is shredding to new heights.Jack Secret is shredding to new heights.Jack Secret is shredding to new heights.Jack Secret is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You know, we have a dude named spins on Jemsite who has been waiting longer than 3 years from Woods. Woods sent him an e-mail thanking him for all the shit spins has said about him as apparently Woods is telling potential customers that spins in crazy and that he'd never do that to them.

Here's spins' post from Jemsite unedited:
Hey i finally got some correspondence from Chris, this is how he treats people, after he has ripped them off, he is such a classy, stand up type of guy. Remember guys dont be upset if the guitar is broken we wouldnt want him to be offended..I really should take him up on the commission part, at least till i get my money back, heres his latest email, im sure he will come back bashing me again...blah blah blah, like ive said before until i get my $850 USD i wont stop

Just thought I'd let you know that I stopped by the forum today for the first time in about a year and see that you are still out there "promoting" my ****. I know you're an ignoranus (someone who is both stupid and an *******), but someday you will learn that the best way to hurt me would be to do NOTHING. Have them lock my forum and let me disappear into page 36 where no one will find it. Out of the 500+ bodies I've sold on **** since January, most of them are members. They all say the same thing......

"I saw your thread. I really like your stuff. You must have really pissed that spins guy off. I'm a little nervous about buying directly from you. Can I buy from you through **** (I'm sure they are thinking, can I buy from you on **** LIKE SPINS says)?"

I then explain to them that "Spins is a moron." If you read all the way through the forum you'll see that he owns 2 of my guitars that he loves. So not only is he a moron, but he's also a hippocrit. Then they laugh a little... agree that your a moron..... then buy my stuff via ****.

Anyway, keep fighting the good fight, and try to keep my name in the top 5 topics. I can't hardly ask for better advertising. You're even smart enough to let them know they can buy my stuff on ****.

Keep driving those buyers to my website.

Thanks again,

Chris

P.S. I should send you commission for all the stuff you sell for me. I've slipped down to like #4 topic. If you could go and add some stuff to bring me back to the top I would greatly appreciate it. I won't be checking back for another year or so, but like I said, I greatly appreciate it.
So there you go.

I also have learned a 'hippocrit' is a critical hit worthy of being defined as Hippopotamus-like. It is a gargantuan damage hit and is usually a crit of over 9000 damage dealt.

WoW Nerd(1): OMGAWD GUYS! I JUST GOT A HIPPOCRIT!!

Guild Mate: How much, man?

WoW Nerd(1): Over 9000!!!

WoW Nerd(2): HOLY S**T DUDE!! OVER 9000!? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!

Woods should pay spins his 850 if he's driving so much alleged business to him.
Rain likes this.
Unread 02-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #23
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
I honestly have no idea why anyone who reads any of these threads would order from him in the future. Clearly he's delivered other bodies that he's started and finished within the last 3 years, so it's not so much that there's a long wait time, it's that he is either completely disorganized or he is purposely putting certain customers on the back burner. Either way,.
Unread 02-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #24
Shred like a mofo

lefty robb is just really nicelefty robb is just really nice
Unless your name is Rick Beatty, I doubt you would get it on time.
Unread 02-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #25
Rainbow In The Dark

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Regardless of the quality or even speediness, bias + unprofessional attitude = never going to buy from or deal with
Closed Thread