homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree3Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #51
SS.org Regular

matttttYCE is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
Your statement reminds me of John Mayer - write catchy pop songs for 14 year olds, get famous, make lots of money. Start blues trio, play what you're passionate about, garner respect from musicians and a little bit more money. Revert to writing pop albums when funds get low.
Bottom line..puts money in his pockets! Can you blame him? I don't know if this is similar to what the guys in Emmure are doing, but hey, it wouldn't surprise me. As many of us in music can come to realize, sometimes the music you like to play doesn't always pay the bills.

And I love how NY is synonymous with douchbaggery ...

Get brutal
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-25-2010, 11:28 PM   #52
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
In fairness, I'm kinda douchey.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:31 PM   #53
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
That's nice.

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #54
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Looks pretty cool, not a fan of the inlay but aside from that

əBCAir
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #55
Fogdiver

Malacoda is just really niceMalacoda is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
All I like is the reverse headstock.
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:47 PM   #56
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I actually dig some of their stuff. : shrug:

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:47 PM   #57
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Why so much hatred guys? The simple fact is; he got an endorsement because he and his band are playing shows and selling records, and (for the most part) you guys don't have an endorsement because you are not. They have a decent sized amount of fans, which can help gain Ibanez some recognition for the new RGD line. I don't like Emmure, but I don't think he's a horrible player. Good for him for getting to make a living by playing guitar. It's something I wish I could do.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #58
lyketotallybrashdude

Ricky_Gallows is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
I actually dig some of their stuff. : shrug:
I really dug their first CD. They headlined a local show in NJ for like 15 kids and we played...never got into them until then.

One of the most fun shows ive ever played
Unread 02-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #59
SS.org Regular

Quantumface is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
where can we hear his solo work? I saw Emmure headlining, went for After the Burial and Terrorhorse. I don't know if I stuck around for all of Emmure's set - it was bland and boring to me. I'd be interested in hearing this guy's more complex work, if it's available.

Your statement reminds me of John Mayer - write catchy pop songs for 14 year olds, get famous, make lots of money. Start blues trio, play what you're passionate about, garner respect from musicians and a little bit more money. Revert to writing pop albums when funds get low.

i think he just ment sold a ton of records and toured the world in emmure
Unread 02-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #60

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
wow you guys really seem to hate emmure for the most part, hell if i didnt know any better i would think they set all of your parents on fire or something haha! yes their music is dirt simple but honestly it just grooves, especially live, i feel like the same part of me that enjoys the deftones enjoys emmure

dont get the inlay hate either but im not a basketball fan teehee

either way its a simple and nicely understated guitar and im sure it plays and sounds great if its anything like the rgd i tried!
Unread 02-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #61
SS.org Regular

Wound is a jewel in the rough
I really like it...beautiful guitar...the setup i would have choosen as well...maybe not the EMG, and definately not the inlay
Unread 02-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #62
SS.org Regular

mat091285 is just really nicemat091285 is just really nice
noted next time not to post any related emmure news .. ... just wanted to let ppl see his custom not dis .. the whole band ... like bulb said it's groovy ..
Unread 02-26-2010, 01:27 AM   #63
axe/vox terrorizer

Semi-pro is just really niceSemi-pro is just really nice
Personally, nothing against Emmure (admit to give a listen sometimes, but in a non-serious way kinda like when being nostalgic in a sarcastic way to some nu-metal stuff), but when i think that the label seems to push that groovy crap very hard (the name pops up whenever i read about the other bands, that actually seem to work hard for their music and deserve to stand out) while there are tons of amazing groups dying out because of the lack of support even though the group did their best... all that makes me channel my frustration towards Emmure

Personally i think that only ppl with mad skills should get guitars for free. But then again, there has always been "those other" players who are in the same game but because of sales numbers, so why complain now?

But the axe's cool, and i'm into all kind of funny inlays. If I was still watching NHL i'd get the old Kings' logo
Unread 02-26-2010, 02:24 AM   #64
ss.org Regular

JacksonKE2Shred is just really niceJacksonKE2Shred is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKo´s Tethan View Post
A TOM??? a NY inlay???? single pick up???EMG???still black ????
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/u...fuuuuuuu-1.jpg
This. nuff said.
Unread 02-26-2010, 02:46 AM   #65
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Definitely not digging that guitar. I am sure it sounds good and plays killer, but aesthetically it just does not do it for me.
Unread 02-26-2010, 03:04 AM   #66
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
This thread is an embarrassment. This isn't Blabbermouth guys, show some tact. I don't particularly like the guitar or the band either, but who am I to tell a guy what custom he should or shouldn't get? The people saying WTF NO TREM? Newsflash jackass: some people prefer hardtails, is that concept so really difficult to grasp?

What the hell is wrong with you people? Who gives a shit if you don't approve of his custom or the band? It's his custom not yours. If you don't like it, save up for your own custom that you DO like. Don't think he's good enough to 'deserve' a custom? Then start a band and get endorsed yourself, that'll show 'em. This guitar wasn't built for any of you, so I don't know why this is getting so many of you upset. Who cares?

And Alex Wade is absolutely correct, this is almost the same guitar as one of Dino's customs that people flipped out over.
MaxStatic likes this.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

Unread 02-26-2010, 03:22 AM   #67
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
This thread is an embarrassment. This isn't Blabbermouth guys, show some tact. I don't particularly like the guitar or the band either, but who am I to tell a guy what custom he should or shouldn't get? The people saying WTF NO TREM? Newsflash jackass: some people prefer hardtails, is that concept so really difficult to grasp?

What the hell is wrong with you people? Who gives a shit if you don't approve of his custom or the band? It's his custom not yours. If you don't like it, save up for your own custom that you DO like. Don't think he's good enough to 'deserve' a custom? Then start a band and get endorsed yourself, that'll show 'em. This guitar wasn't built for any of you, so I don't know why this is getting so many of you upset. Who cares?

And Alex Wade is absolutely correct, this is almost the same guitar as one of Dino's customs that people flipped out over.
Have to agree, kinda like me complaining about bulbs uber lame maple fretboard, It's just kind of the human way... I guess.

It's not a bad guitar at all, it is probably better than 80% of what this board has anyway.
Unread 02-26-2010, 03:54 AM   #68
SS.org Regular

ykcirj is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I love the rgd body style. I would love it if ibanez came out with a production rgd 7 string with a tom bridge! I would buy it instantly.
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #69
SS.org Regular

willyman101 is a jewel in the rough
*Slags off band and guitar without acknowledging they're more successful than myself*

Grow up, are we all 14 year old elitists?
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:26 AM   #70
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post

At least someone has a head on their shoulders.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:38 AM   #71
Poland CEO / RHLC ©

Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.
I have no idea who this guitarist is, or what band is that .. I really don't even care to check them out...

But I like the guitar ! Hell It's like a Ibanez COW7 with an inlay .. It looks GREAT !
Sebastian would change the 81-7 to a 707 and it's game !

EDIT: OK checked their myspace ... oh man not my cup of tea...

S7Figures.DeviantArt.com - Metal Figures!
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:43 AM   #72
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyman101 View Post
*Slags off band and guitar without acknowledging they're more successful than myself*

Grow up, are we all 14 year old elitists?
While you have a point.

I dislike the music and that guy's demeanor but I'd happily admit this guy has done more than I have but I feel that what he has done has been done before and you really can't drag something like that out for 10 more years.

I'm not saying everyone has to be original and innovative, but, If 'Emmure' turned out to be some kind of nu-metal version of spinal tap...I wouldn't be suprised...It's very 'Parody-ish'.

Good on him for scoring a deal with Ibanez/LACS, he must have been stoked and at the end of the day, what we say doesn't make any difference at all, It's merely an opinion which we're sharing...so lets just chill out

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:51 AM   #73
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
I'd just like to chime and say my hate for this guitar is not Emmure related:

Yankees inlay on (what the picture makes out to be) very light rosewood.
TOM.
Single EMG.
Black paint.

Not for me. Give it a fiery red colour, some passive Duncans and a Gibraltar and I'd be paying very high 4 digit amounts for a guitar like that made by LACS.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:52 AM   #74
SS.org Regular

willyman101 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushingAnvil View Post
While you have a point.

I dislike the music and that guy's demeanor but I'd happily admit this guy has done more than I have but I feel that what he has done has been done before and you really can't drag something like that out for 10 more years.

I'm not saying everyone has to be original and innovative, but, If 'Emmure' turned out to be some kind of nu-metal version of spinal tap...I wouldn't be suprised...It's very 'Parody-ish'.

Good on him for scoring a deal with Ibanez/LACS, he must have been stoked and at the end of the day, what we say doesn't make any difference at all, It's merely an opinion which we're sharing...so lets just chill out
Yeah, true. It's all opinion but it's just ridiculous that people go on for so long about how plain a band is, they just can't accept that they're successful. Everyone knows it's been done before... I hate Emmure, I think they're total shite but I can't stand any of that continual breakdown stuff. I won't go on about it.
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:56 AM   #75
Jessofperdition

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not sure about the hate myself. I hate breakdowncore bands too, but when it comes to sig. guitars, I'm more focused on the quality of the guitars themselves. I'm not a fan of korn or deftone's music, but the sig guitars from those bands are top-notch.

I say give the guitar a chance b4 u knock it.

Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur

"I have an easier time taking BabyMetal seriously than the vast majority of death and black metal that gets posted here." -wat

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
Closed Thread