homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-23-2010, 08:44 AM   #1

Hellbound is a glorious beacon of lightHellbound is a glorious beacon of lightHellbound is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
7 String Fever is back

It's been a while since I've played guitar......I moved and then got back in college. I've been whaling on my Les Paul and amazingly I'm playing the best I ever have,lol. Guess I needed the long break,heh. I'm jamming with these pretty talented nu-metal'ish muiscians and the feeling is back.

Anyway I need another 7 string and am very interested in the Schecter ATX 7 string.....I love thick necks and it's also extended so hopefully it will not be as floppy as my K7 was which is the only complaint I've had with it.

Also curious to try out the Blackjacks that come with it.

Any reasons why I should not get this guitar?

Oh and it's definately going to be in Black

Thanks in Advance

Explorer in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, Angels to others.
Hellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
No reasons, just get it and rock out

Go get it and show us some pr0n. Nao
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #3

Hellbound is a glorious beacon of lightHellbound is a glorious beacon of lightHellbound is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi77iam View Post
No reasons, just get it and rock out

Go get it and show us some pr0n. Nao

In that case I shall....you come off as a very intelligent person indeed

Explorer in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, Angels to others.
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

What Wi77 said:

1.Get Schecter
2.Pics
3.????
4.Profit!!!

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Go try it out at your local shop, or find one locally, test it out, if you like it, buy it, if you don't.. look into other guitars. Don't let other people's opinions change your decisions, after all you are buying the guitar for yourself.
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
And pics of the K7 while your at it.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
APEX

Esp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud of
I might be biased, but there is no way that a Schecter is going to hold a candle to a K-7 in terms of playability, tone and build quality
Esp Griffyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #8
Hasta la vista, Baby

Emperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp Griffyn View Post
I might be biased, but there is no way that a Schecter is going to hold a candle to a K-7 in terms of playability, tone and build quality
My Ibanez S7420 is overall a better guitar than my Agile, but it's on a gigbag collecting dust.

Why? Because it all comes down to personal tastes

That said, my Hellraiser and Loomis smoked my Ibanez S7420 and Rg7620 in terms of sound, finish and playability to me, because I like thicker necks, extended scales and active pickups, just like the OP. So I think that he will love the ATX
Emperoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prydogga View Post
And pics of the K7 while your at it.

Sold the K7 on this message board 2 years ago to help me get back in college. I've played many 7 string schecter's before and love the thick neck and honestly.....they don't feel thick to me just nice and meaty almost like holding a nice Beretta.he
My fingers are not super long but definately not short either. I can't play strata because my fingers get all cramped together like I said I love larger necks thus is why I love the Les Paul for a 6 string.
My father orders music equipment and I means lots if stuff from some Internet company can't remember the name but I'll be ordering it the same way and if I don't like it......I'll probably swap it for a Hellraiser because I do know I like those alot....again just a mild extended scale seems awesome to me.

As far as the K7 I had some very thick strings on it and still the B string just always sounded too floppy for me.....I used to own a Stef B7 which was extended and sounded so tight and brutal....but the neck felt like a strat I mean it eas horribly too small for me.....I'm sure this will nit be the case with the ATX.
If I don't like the pickups I may just change to emg's or seymoure ducans but I'm getting ahead of myself now.

Not trying to brag....but I do make enough money to afford the new K7 or even one of the originals off of eBay.....like I said I was never 100% happy with the k7. Yes it was built top quality and felt amazing.......even to me who likes thicker necks......I am just in the mood for something different right now.

In the long run I may end up with another K7 who knows I mainly wanted to know if the ATX was a decent guitar and I also do not want to spend over a grand if I do not have to......heck I'll just order one and see how it goes.....then it's time for an Orange cab and most likely a Mesa Dual Rectifier.

The guy I jam with has this combo and it sounds absolutely perfect to me.....but that is something to think about later I'll know nit to get a 6505 Peavey again, besides it being loud....IMO horrible sound.

Last edited by Hellbound; 01-23-2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
Hasta la vista, Baby

Emperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Sold the K7 on this message board 2 years ago to help me get back in college. I've played many 7 string schecter's before and love the thick neck and honestly.....they don't feel thick to me just nice and meaty almost like holding a nice Beretta.he
My fingers are not super long but definately not short either. I can't play strata because my fingers get all cramped together like I said I love larger necks thus is why I love the Les Paul for a 6 string.
My father orders music equipment and I means lots if stuff from some Internet company can't remember the name but I'll be ordering it the same way and if I don't like it......I'll probably swap it for a Hellraiser because I do know I like those alot....again just a mild extended scale seems awesome to me.

As far as the K7 I had some very thick strings on it and still the B string just always sounded too floppy for me.....I used to own a Stef B7 which was extended and sounded so tight and brutal....but the neck felt like a strat I mean it eas horribly too small for me.....I'm sure this will nit be the case with the ATX.
If I don't like the pickups I may just change to emg's or seymoure ducans but I'm getting ahead of myself now.
Dude, the ATX comes with Seymour Duncans

I also have the floppyness problem with my Agile. Got it tuned in B with a 064 and I still find it floppy (and goes sharp with heavy open chords)... Maybe I'm just a bear picker

If you like Schecters, I can't do nothing but recommend the Loomis. The neck is slightly different. Feels a little thinner but not much, and it's just awesome to hold, much more comfortable than the Hellraiser one IMO. It also sounds heavenly unplugged, and you can always throw some blackouts on it if you don't like EMGs.
Emperoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoff View Post
Dude, the ATX comes with Seymour Duncans

I also have the floppyness problem with my Agile. Got it tuned in B with a 064 and I still find it floppy (and goes sharp with heavy open chords)... Maybe I'm just a bear picker

If you like Schecters, I can't do nothing but recommend the Loomis. The neck is slightly different. Feels a little thinner but not much, and it's just awesome to hold, much more comfortable than the Hellraiser one IMO. It also sounds heavenly unplugged, and you can always throw some blackouts on it if you don't like EMGs.

Okay I am going to give this at least another week to decide....I had completely forgotten about the Loomis plus I'll have another Tremolo to play with....I just do not know if I would like the neck....I am so accustomed to Ebony fret boards I believe the ATX has that. Another thing is I got sick and tired of my tremolo pretty quickly on my K7 and just had it locked.

Yes I need to read up more on the Loomis just saw one on YouTube with no tremolo....perhaps 2 versions? Like I said I'm doing my homework on these 2 Shecter's before I decide on any of them.

Well I went ahead and ordered the Schecter ATX. It was actually an easy choice over the Loomis because for one thing I do not want a tremolo of any kind and I understand that it is very hard to find a new Loomis without one.....and I hate buying used guitars.....also, I lobe Mahogony and Ebony fretboards they have always been my favorite that's why I play a Les Paul 6 string.
I ordered from musician's friend for $849 I believe it was with free shipping. If I do not like the guitar I have 45 days to return it for a full refund or for an exchange. Where I live the only Schecter any music store has is the Hellraiser. Still I honestly can't get over how many people think that Schecter's have humungous necks....and my hands are not huge....then again everyone has their own taste for how a guitar should feel and I'm also nit a shredder at all I just do semi fast riffs but definately not a shredder. It's not that I suck,lol, I just never cared for the sound of shredding to have the patience to learn how......anotherwordd I suck

Anyway pics will be coming within a week!

Last edited by Hellbound; 01-23-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost