homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

Unreal137 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Schecter c-7 fr problem

Hi everyone I just got a Schecter C-7 fr for chirstmas had it set up in the shop and now after changing strings i decided to tune up from Drop G to Drop A. Problem is the 2 screws in holding the floyd where you go to adjust the spring tension, the heads of the screws are just chipping away and stripping how do i remove these screws from the body in order to place in new screws?
Unreal137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal137 View Post
Hi everyone I just got a Schecter C-7 fr for chirstmas had it set up in the shop and now after changing strings i decided to tune up from Drop G to Drop A. Problem is the 2 screws in holding the floyd where you go to adjust the spring tension, the heads of the screws are just chipping away and stripping how do i remove these screws from the body in order to place in new screws?
Remove them with a screw driver, or pair of pliers when there are no strings on the guitar. Take them with you to Home Depot (or Ace, or any local hardware store) and get a pair of higher grade galvanized wood screws that are roughly the same size (having them sightly bigger wouldn't hurt).

If you feel that the shop that set the guitar up last was at fault, then by all means, take it back to them, to have them replace the screws. Any legit shop should do it for free.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
ss.org Regular

Unreal137 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks man that helped a lot! I will most likely take it to the shop if not then I will have to do it myself
Unreal137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal137 View Post
thanks man that helped a lot! I will most likely take it to the shop if not then I will have to do it myself
Either way, it would probably be good for you to get a better set of screws from a hardware store. They're incredibly cheap (some places even sell them by the pound for a couple bucks), and they'll be far more resistant to stripping. Especially when the trem is under tension, which is probably why they stripped in the first place.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote