homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Irrelevant Name

misingonestring is just really nicemisingonestring is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quick question about RG7s

I'm just asking this because I want to get a 7 string next time I go on the market for a new guitar (which may be a while and I'm currently looking for an amp since none of mine work) so what's the difference between an RG7620 and a RG7420? Don't be smartasses and say the model number and such is there really much of a difference in playabillity or sound in them? I may just get an RG7621 or an RG7421 since I don't really want to get the RG7321 cause I don't want to swap out pickups cause they're muddy.
misingonestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
ss.org Addict

DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The 7620 comes with a lo-pro edge tremolo and Dimarzio new7 pickups, and the 7420 comes with the lo-trs tremolo and stock ibanez pickups. Neither of the pickups really shine in my opinion, but the lo-pro edge is one of the best you can get, superior to the lo-trs in every way. when it comes to 7421 and the 7621, the main difference would be the pickups, besides that everything is basically the same. Fastest way to tell the difference is the pickup tabs, 7420/7421 has triangular pickup tabs, and the 7620/7621 will have the more rectangular tabs.
DevinShidaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 134 reviews
Stock RG7620 - basswood body, rosewood fb, maple neck, Dimarzio New 7s, Ibanez Lo-Pro Trem

Stock RG7420 - basswood body, rosewood fb, maple neck, Ibanez V7 series pickups, Ibanez Lo-TRS Trem

Biggest difference is the trem. Sound wise they are the same STOCK. You upgrade pickups things change.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote