homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

mexirican is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NGD - Ibanez Content

So this is beginning to scare me. I seem to have a knack of finding killer deals on sevens. First, I bought an Ibanez RG7620 for $250 (USD) with a case that was in great condition. A few months later, I scored an Agile Interceptor 727 with passive pickups with case for $350 (USD). NOW i just found an Ibanez RG1527 with an EMG 707 in the bridge on craigslist that I sprung on. I didn't need another guitar (blasphemy i know) but I couldn't pass up the deal. This guy was selling it for...wait for it...$200. Ya. i couldn't believe it either until i showed up, played it, handed him the money, started driving home and didn't see cops following me home for stealing from him. I have no problem taking advantage of peoples hard times. I am grateful that I have a good paying job in these times, but this is kinda scaring me. 3 smoking deals in less than a year and 2 on Craigslist.

Here is the RG1527...

The guy said he was selling it for so cheap because it didnt have the trem arm of the plastic cover. I played dumb.

So...if anyone is looking for a specific guitar, and is only willing to pay an offensively low price for it, let me know. I think I may have a gift for this sort of thing or something.

PS - I don't know what to do now. I didn't really need this guitar. My Iby and Agile are great. I don't know if i should keep it just because of the awesome deal and the fact that its another decent 7 to add to my collection, or sell it for what it's really worth. I was saving for a new set of tubes for my triple rec and now I am at ground zero for that. But I have a new 7!!!
mexirican is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

splinter8451 is just really nicesplinter8451 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow man... that is awesome. Great deals you are finding! I never see sevens pop up on CL

"And I want a blowjob from Emma Watson, but sometimes we just gotta deal with what we're given!" -The Armada

my youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/vitreusMD?feature=mhum SikTh, Cyclamen After the Burial covers. More on the way!
splinter8451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
ss.org Regular

Keytarist is a jewel in the rough
That guitar costs a lot here. Looks awesome with the Cosmic Blue finish, and that makes it much more worth than the model sold today.
Keytarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 129 reviews
All I can say is good luck trying to sell that on here
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

haffner1 is a glorious beacon of lighthaffner1 is a glorious beacon of lighthaffner1 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lucky bastard!

Sméagol always helps....
haffner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
Banned

CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
LUCKY FOOL! Dude.. a big dot skunk stripe 1527.. I'd probably go through hell getting one of those if I had the money... Congrats dude. Yeah like Mesh said... Good luck selling that on here unless it's for $200 or less
CooleyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
cali-cornia bluffer

asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nice find man!!! well done!! love that color too.
asmegin_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #8
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
Gotta love crackheads. I scored an S7420FM on Craigslist once for about $300 from one of those types.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
Good news, everyone!

Ketzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
give ya $250 for it

"Appreciating the beauty in music fast enough to blow mortals' faces off."
More notes per second = More emotion per second
"Djent" just may be the worst word created in all of ever.

SELF-APPOINTED EMG WIZARD
Ketzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #10
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Congrats !!!
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #11
Guitar Popcicle

AK DRAGON is just really niceAK DRAGON is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good score.. now give it a bath!
AK DRAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

Bevo is just really niceBevo is just really nice
Nice deal!

I see great deals on Craigs all the time but everytime I call I get no response..Glad it worked out for you!!
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #13
ss.org Addict

DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I still think the best deals I ever got were when I worked at Sam Ash. somebody would come in to sell a guitar, not like the offer the store gave them, so I'd offer say, 20 bucks more, suddenly I had new gear. Although I got to the point where I never had any money. But I did have a 7620 that I paid 150 for
DevinShidaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #14
Golderak is King

Alex-D33 has much to be proud ofAlex-D33 has much to be proud ofAlex-D33 has much to be proud ofAlex-D33 has much to be proud ofAlex-D33 has much to be proud ofAlex-D33 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
Gotta love crackheads. I scored an S7420FM on Craigslist once for about $300 from one of those types.
sooo true
I once scored a Marshall SILVER Jubilie 25th for $250.00 CDN.

Oh!!!! Yawhhhhhh !!!! don't have a clue
Alex-D33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a name known to allpoopyalligator is a name known to allpoopyalligator is a name known to allpoopyalligator is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
that price is ridiculous. Congrats on the new guitar
poopyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #16
ss.org Regular

I'll probable keep it for a bit and let the other guitarist in my band use it. He's planning on using his tax return for an Agile Interceptor Pro 727 but is playing through a stock RG7421 now. I showed it to him last night and he kept thinking that I was giving it to him (he was trashed). How can "You can use this 'till you get your Agile" sound like "Here. Have this."? The nice thing, he's paying for new string and a set up. :-) I'll probably end up selling it at our practice pad. There s a board that people post gear for sale. I really don't like the way that EMG sounds through my triple rec. My Dimarzio X2N-7 kills it...in my opinion of course...until I get my Bare knuckle pups.
Unread 01-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

Ironberry is a jewel in the rough
How do you find such awesome deals? Congrats!
Ironberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #18
ss.org Regular

I have access to the internet at work all day. I spend 15 min or so on CL everyday looking up certain key words (IE - RG7, RG7620, RG7640, RG7321, Agile Interceptor). Just keep looking. And have money set aside for this.
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.
damn you!! what a lucky guy...congrats!

MaKo´s Tethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 01:15 AM   #20
Ukulele Shredder

Joelan is a jewel in the rough
Can you find me a RGxxxxXL?

Seriously though dude that's an amazing score

Eclipse the golden mirror, and the reflection is set free...
Joelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #21
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
All I can say is good luck trying to sell that on here

"We'll call it one-hundred and fifty?" *spits on hand*

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 05:23 AM   #22
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Congrats!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:00 AM   #23
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Congrats!

BTW - Cool jeep in the background.

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote