homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

baboisking is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Carvin 7 string + tonepros

i really want to purchase a custom carvin seven string, but i want a tonepros bridge instead of the stock bridge...is it possible to mount a tonepros on one of these guitars?

you have been blessed.
baboisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Have you asked the guys over on the Carvin Forum?
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Not without routing. I imagine due to the neck angle, you'd have to recess it.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
Have you asked the guys over on the Carvin Forum?
no, good idea...

you have been blessed.
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Typically it's not an option, but perhaps it can be requested special. Carvin does stuff like that occasionally.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
ss.org Regular

Josh Geohagan has a spectacular aura about
May I ask why you would prefer the tonepros bridge to their FT7 standard bridge?

I am only asking because I recently came here asking that very question, and was informed of advantages to their standard FT7 bridge.

It's still a string through body model, but you can set individual string height and you have a greater intonation range with the FT7.
Josh Geohagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
ζ

vineroon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
Not without routing. I imagine due to the neck angle, you'd have to recess it.
Yeah, basically this. Since Carvin makes the DC127, which I think is a TOM neck-through, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to offer it on a DC727 but with an extra charge. I'd say call them and make sure.
vineroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Geohagan View Post
May I ask why you would prefer the tonepros bridge to their FT7 standard bridge?

I am only asking because I recently came here asking that very question, and was informed of advantages to their standard FT7 bridge.

It's still a string through body model, but you can set individual string height and you have a greater intonation range with the FT7.
its much more comfortable, and it is a string through body bridge. individual string action doesnt make a difference to me. a real major reason is that graph tech string saver saddles arent available for a carvin, but they are available for tone pros.

you have been blessed.
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
7 string Baritones

HaloHat is just really niceHaloHat is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
unfortunately you do not need to waste your time asking Carvin for the TP bridge. The answer will be NO. Absolutely 100% sure.

The guitar is awesome none the less. The options kill and Carvin has the best tops for the money and quick build times and they honor the 10 day satisfaction guarentee with out jacking you around.

I just wish Carvin would get a little more excited about 7 strings in general. The two they offer are really just the same model with a middle p-u and different p-u selector switch. They need to make a 7 string model of their Ultra V and also the X220/V220 at the very least. And some baritone scale 6 and 7 string options too.
HaloHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

yes i desperately want a 26.5 inch scale 7. i have a baritone, but i would like something that allows somewhat higher tunings.

you have been blessed.
Unread 12-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
kvlt

7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by baboisking View Post
yes i desperately want a 26.5 inch scale 7. i have a baritone, but i would like something that allows somewhat higher tunings.
26.5" scale.... Tonepros bridge.....why don't you get a Schecter?
7deadlysins666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #12
Hairy Old Bloke

hairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7deadlysins666 View Post
Pretty much.

A Carvin 7x7 would require a massive amount of surgery to add a TOM.

GADZOOKS AND ODDS BODKINS!!!!!
Not a hipster: Blackmachine, Jaden Rose, Paul Reed Smith, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson, Gibson, Boss, Diezel, Marshall, Framus, VHT, Ampeg, Electro Harmonix, Korg, Alesis, MFB, Doepfer, Moog, Arturia.
hairychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
Banned

Koshchei is a glorious beacon of lightKoshchei is a glorious beacon of lightKoshchei is a glorious beacon of light
Pretty sure you can get string-saver saddles on the FT7, and as stated before, it *is* string through body.

+1 on increasing Carvin's enthusiasm for 7 strings and other ERG instruments. The DC7x7 is a tremendously good guitar, but it needs some companions
Koshchei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
ss.org Regular

Josh Geohagan has a spectacular aura about
And I actually find the FT7 bridge much, much more comfortable than a TonePros bridge, but that is just me personally. This is probably due to me growing up with the standard Fender strat bridges and then upgrading to a Floyd model for a quite a while.

I'm sure you can adjust to anything. Trust me, the Carvin is a killer guitar.
Josh Geohagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7deadlysins666 View Post
the few schecters that i have played didnt impress me...

you have been blessed.