homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #201
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^ ....ing +1
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #202
SS.org Regular

MacTown09 is just really niceMacTown09 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I am definitely gonna wait till after namm to get my hopes up but i REALLY cant wait for NAMM!!

For real an RGA7 Prestige would be great. And with EMG707s, it looks like its almost the exact same thing as an Agile interceptor pro.

Also can anyone explain to me why the RG1527 jumped from 900 bucks to 1300 bucks last year?
MacTown09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #203
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTown09 View Post
I am definitely gonna wait till after namm to get my hopes up but i REALLY cant wait for NAMM!!

For real an RGA7 Prestige would be great. And with EMG707s, it looks like its almost the exact same thing as an Agile interceptor pro.

Also can anyone explain to me why the RG1527 jumped from 900 bucks to 1300 bucks last year?
The cost of production in Japan at Fuji-Gen went up, while the value of the US Dollar went down.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #204
SS.org Regular

guitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
while it is possible that the RGD7 is 27" it more than likely isn't, and that's not even going by the name, as Ibanez has made extended scale instruments without the XL designation.
a few pages back someone confirmed it was extended range.. unless their mockups are off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
Apparently the D in RGD stands for "Diamond Cut" or some weirdness like that.
lol i think that's just a joke from jemsite because they couldn't figure out what it stood for

Last edited by guitarplayerone; 12-12-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
guitarplayerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #205
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by st2012 View Post
That entire rack of guitars needs to be in my house. Now.
Then I'll be at your place in 3 hours.

As far as I'm concerned, Ibanez is just too late for me. I found my Agile and I'm not leaving. These all look like killer models but Agile's got my vote.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #206
SS.org Regular

guitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to allguitarplayerone is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo7 View Post
Even if it is 27" the 27 in 2127 absolutely doesnt mean 27". That was never a thought I ever had. I have the 2127X and thats 25.5". I know its possible for Ibanez to have double meanings for letters cause with the RG7621M the M stands for Mahogany whereas with the RG1527M it stands for maple. But even if its 27" Im sure the 2127 is not in regards to scale length just like it wasnt with the limited only 300 made for the Japanese market 2127X. Its only cause the pic we have of it is stretched or something to appear to be 27" but it probably isnt. And since its RGD2127Z "ish" Im thinking it may end up being a Japanese Ishibashi only limited run. I really hope not.

anyway, japanese only-run is still fine. it just means that they'll be more unique once you get em over here
guitarplayerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #207
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarplayerone View Post
a few pages back someone confirmed it was extended range.. unless their mockups are off

lol i think that's just a joke from jemsite because they couldn't figure out what it stood for
No one confirmed anything, in fact if anything they dismissed the fact that they were 27", but then went on to say it didn't look like they were 25.5" either. Since none of the Ibanez photos are fully in-scale with each other, there can't be a definitive ruling.

As for the "RG Diamond Cut", that's what a Hoshino USA employee over on the official Ibanez forum called it.
Unread 12-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #208
SS.org Regular

MacTown09 is just really niceMacTown09 is just really nice
I thought maybe the "D" in the RGD stood for "Dream Theater"
MacTown09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #209
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Nice.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #210
Texas CEO / RHLC

st2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
st2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #211
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
God damn I want to see the stock pics of the top row at that expo, those RGAs!!!!!!!!!

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #212
SS.org irregular

magic_golem has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
well my money is in place for when they come out, gonna be a loong wait, ill buy new pickups to pass the time, i love the new trussrod covers, tis minor but still a nice to see that theve looked into how to make things better in other ways, means ill never loose a cover again :p.

lol on the D for dream theater, thats what i thought too!
magic_golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #213
Pro Apologizer

22km Tombstone is a jewel in the rough
I'm impressed! I really like black guitars, I guess.

I REALLY REALLY wanted to get an S7 but I couldn't be satisfied with 22 frets. Looks like they were listening. I have to get that now!
22km Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #214
i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Korngod is just really niceKorngod is just really nice
all black or not.... ....ing win!!

Originally Posted by Necris
"Pee in her butt, leave with her television."

My Band Website
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=969789
Korngod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 02:18 AM   #215
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
I totally agree that of all the colours they could have gone with, Black is a nice simple one that's easily re-finishable and whatnot.
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #216
SS.org Regular

NeglectedField will become famous soon enough
I know people hate the EMG style pickups but for some reason I'd find it really sacrilege if people were desperate enough to want to route out the cavity just to put a normal pickup in. I think the reason they used the EMG 707 style soapbar pickups is because they and the SD blackouts are popular aftermarket choices. I say, a company (if not EMG/Duncan) should make a 707-style soapbar shape option for their passive ranges. That'd save people doing horrendous shit to their guitars.

What I'd really like is if the RGD 6-string came in 25.5 scale as well.
NeglectedField is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #217
Green stuff

Senensis is a jewel in the rough
It would make way more sense to me if EMG made their pickup passive sized (it can be done, see the blackouts) rather than ever other brand on the market made a second version of their pickup.

I just hope if an RGA7 prestige comes out, it's going to be with passive sized routes but I highly doubt it now.
Senensis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #218
SS.org Regular

JMP2203 is just really niceJMP2203 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senensis View Post
It would make way more sense to me if EMG made their pickup passive sized (it can be done, see the blackouts) rather than ever other brand on the market made a second version of their pickup.

I just hope if an RGA7 prestige comes out, it's going to be with passive sized routes but I highly doubt it now.
yeah but that aparentely its NOT going to happend
JMP2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #219
kvlt

7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold
Anyone hear anything about new UVs?
7deadlysins666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #220
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeglectedField View Post
I know people hate the EMG style pickups but for some reason I'd find it really sacrilege if people were desperate enough to want to route out the cavity just to put a normal pickup in. I think the reason they used the EMG 707 style soapbar pickups is because they and the SD blackouts are popular aftermarket choices. I say, a company (if not EMG/Duncan) should make a 707-style soapbar shape option for their passive ranges. That'd save people doing horrendous shit to their guitars.

You don't route anything to put something smaller where something larger once sat.
Adam Of Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #221
SS.org Regular

IconW is just really niceIconW is just really nice
BLACK! .... yes! At last there's something I want from Ibanez. S-series with full 24 frets and RGA 7. Ok, all of them seems to be grrreat! gasgasgasgasgas...

IconW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #222
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeglectedField View Post

I know Nordstrand will make a passive soapbar shaped humbucker. Though, as long as it's built into a similar shaped/sized housing as an EMG it'll fit seamlessly.

Though, I agree with others, EMG REALLY needs to step up and make a standard sized version of their pickups, especially with SD in the active soapbar game.
Unread 12-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #223
ss.org Regular

xiphoscesar is just really nicexiphoscesar is just really nice
i like poop
xiphoscesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #224
SS.org Regular

Mindcrime1204 is just really niceMindcrime1204 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphoscesar View Post
i like poop
Mindcrime1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #225
Hmm, Upgrades?

Zahs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcrime1204 View Post

What's the most resilient parasite, an idea. A single idea from the Human mind, can build cities, an idea, can transform the world and re-write all the rules, which is why... I have to steal it.
Zahs is offline   Reply With Quote