homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #251
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I definitely like the look of the guitar with such simple looking controls, but they should've done a concentric push/pull pot for vol/tone and bypass. I use the tone knob quit a bit, mostly for clean work though... but when I've got full gain, the tone is always at ten.
cyril v is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #252
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
The RGD looks pretty cool actually. They are renaming the S7320 to an S7420? Wow. That RGA7 is sexy though.
And adding two frets.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #253
SS.org Regular

SerratedSkies is just really niceSerratedSkies is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AHHHHHHHH WHAT THE ...., THESE PICS ARE PUTTING A GIANT PREDETERMINED HOLE IN MY POCKET! ....! I NEED ALL OF THEM!
SerratedSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #254
SS.Org's Irish Guy

777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcrime1204
C-C-C-C-OMBO BREAKER!!!!!!!
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #255
SS.org Regular

Bleak is just really niceBleak is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
RGD looks great.
RGA looks cheap, bland, and EMG-y.
Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #256
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleak View Post
RGD looks great.
RGA looks cheap, bland, and EMG-y.
Good thing it's affordable and doesn't have EMGs then.
Unread 12-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #257
ss.org Addict

DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I need a lot of money, really fast. Especially if these are Matte Black, I love that color. The RGD's fret access looks amazing. And I love the switch placement. I need this guitar, NOW.
DevinShidaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #258
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Time to whore yourself out again.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #259
boy in a coma

AngryGoldfish is on a distinguished road
Are any of them ERG's (apart from the 8'er)? The question may have been obviously answered already.

I'm making a new supergroup with me as superman
AngryGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #260
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Are any of them ERG's (apart from the 8'er)? The question may have been obviously answered already.
It's not know for sure, seeing as the scale length of the RGD7 is still in contention. Not to mention this isn't all the new stuff.
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #261
boy in a coma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
It's not know for sure, seeing as the scale length of the RGD7 is still in contention. Not to mention this isn't all the new stuff.
So there's more on the way?

I think it would make sense to have at least one ERG seven string. It would allow the entire market to be pretty much covered, surely?

Unread 12-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #262
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
So there's more on the way?

I think it would make sense to have at least one ERG seven string. It would allow the entire market to be pretty much covered, surely?
If you mean extended scale, it would be nice, but they certainly wouldn't be the only company to offer only one scale choice for 7s.

Also, there will be more. How much so is up in the air, but NAMM isn't till next month.
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #263
Banned

Koshchei is a glorious beacon of lightKoshchei is a glorious beacon of lightKoshchei is a glorious beacon of light
I quite like the look of the RGD, but REALLY dislike the Edge Zero route. It doesn't follow the trem's shape at all, and there's really no excuse for it. The S Series has no such issue.
Koshchei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #264
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshchei View Post
I quite like the look of the RGD, but REALLY dislike the Edge Zero route. It doesn't follow the trem's shape at all, and there's really no excuse for it. The S Series has no such issue.
I'm not a fan of it either, the route or the ZPS. Though supposedly the cavity is bigger in the back to better accommodate the intonation tool. The reason the Sabers don't need it is the slight arch to the top gives, what Ibanez feels is, proper clearance.

They had to modify the route when they switched from EP to EZ so it's not simply "they were too lazy to change the route" issue.
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #265
SS.org Regular

Rich5150 is just really niceRich5150 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
One thing I dont get is everyone jumping on the 2127 being a 27' scale the 1527 isnt. Its just the Ibanez numbering system I for one am hoping its 25.5
Rich5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #266
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5150 View Post
One thing I dont get is everyone jumping on the 2127 being a 27' scale the 1527 isnt. Its just the Ibanez numbering system I for one am hoping its 25.5
+1

It's because the way Ibanez resizes all their stock pics to be roughly the same size. It messes with perspective.
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #267
boy in a coma

Quote:
If you mean extended scale, it would be nice, but they certainly wouldn't be the only company to offer only one scale choice for 7s.

Also, there will be more. How much so is up in the air, but NAMM isn't till next month.
I don't mind the waiting - money isn't exactly falling from my pockets at the moment - but my curiosity is certainly 'pouring'.

I think it's become more of a modern thing, though, that ERG's are demanded: More and more amplifiers are being designed with the ability to cope with a low F#; companies are creating production model fanned fret guitars; heavy metal and jazz are taking to it more and more, I imagine that would reflect onto the bigger companies who can clearly afford to both accommodate the general public and the more ERG loving folks.

I imagine...

Unread 12-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #268
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't mind the waiting - money isn't exactly falling from my pockets at the moment - but my curiosity is certainly 'pouring'.

I think it's become more of a modern thing, though, that ERG's are demanded: More and more amplifiers are being designed with the ability to cope with a low F#; companies are creating production model fanned fret guitars; heavy metal and jazz are taking to it more and more, I imagine that would reflect onto the bigger companies who can clearly afford to both accommodate the general public and the more ERG loving folks.

I imagine...
Who's making a production fanned fret?
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #269
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 132 reviews
I'm so sad. When I heard RGA7 I was thinking this.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #270
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Well the prestige RGAs havn't been shown yet, theres still alot of new stuff that hasn't been revealed: JS24,New floral Jem, UV (Maybe), RGA7&6 Prestige etc.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #271
SS.org Regular

adaman is just really niceadaman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prydogga View Post
Well the prestige RGAs havn't been shown yet, theres still alot of new stuff that hasn't been revealed: JS24,New floral Jem, UV (Maybe), RGA7&6 Prestige etc.

That is IF there is a Prestige RGA7.... God I hope there is.
adaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #272
ss.org lurker

Shinto will become famous soon enough
I just hope the RGA7 Prestiges don't have EMGs.
Shinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #273
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Well the picture that we were all fapping over that had the RGAs and RGDs had a prestige RGA6 and 7, so Im very sure that it will be a production model.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #274
boy in a coma

Quote:
Who's making a production fanned fret?
I thought Rotor and Agile were in the process of making one each?

Unread 12-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #275
Hmm, Upgrades?

Zahs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
I'm so sad. When I heard RGA7 I was thinking this.
http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/...Fm_663ae2f.jpg
or something really similar... i guess we will have to wait... hopefully there will be a prestige RGA7... i mean it is 2010 start of a new era....

But i guess the JS24 will be something like a JS1000 just with 24 frets.

personally i like what i see... but... still emg like pickups and black and it looks like a gloss black finish

What's the most resilient parasite, an idea. A single idea from the Human mind, can build cities, an idea, can transform the world and re-write all the rules, which is why... I have to steal it.
Zahs is offline   Reply With Quote