homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Sevenstring Guitars
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Sevenstring Guitars Discuss all aspects of seven string guitars here.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
LRRG

asphyx123 is just really niceasphyx123 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool NGD Huf 7-string

Just wanted to share this happy day (for me) with some of you guys. After enjoying Patrick's entertaining photo documentation of the building process my new 7-string is now finished and was shipped (well actually I Picked it up from the delivery service as they don't deliver on saturdays - the delivery service depot is like an hour drive from my home so I didn't bother picking it up there). The building process was really informative and I was getting updates like every other day or so.

I ordered the guitar on, I think, October 9 and received it now on November 14, which I consider insanely fast for a custom made guitar. The guitar is a real gorgeous piece of art, as can be seen on the photos, some content for this beauty was shown before but it was moved to the builders thread. I was really glad that I had listened to Patrick's suggestions. At first I was a bit hesitant to try a flat finger board and it felt a bit strange at first compared to my other guitars. But I seem to get used to it real fast. Played like 2 hours on it so far and it's feeling more comfortable like every minute.

The pickups are (for my ears) really powerful. Patrick mentioned once they were not as powerful as some of the other pickups he uses, which was basically my wish, as I don't want to play extra heavy stuff exclusively. But actually the bridge pickup has more punch than any other pickup I have in my other guitars.

The guitar is really light and has a quite thin body for a 7 string, which was important for me as I was sick of that heavy Damien 7 fr which caused quite some pain in my back in the past. The cutaway is huge and the access to the higher frets is perfect for my relatively small hands.

So here are a couple of pictures from the unpackaging ceremony. The packaging was perfect and it actually took quite some time to remove all the packaging material.

That's it for now. Maybe I'll post some more info lateron but for now there's more important things to do.........

One more word to the Hufmaster:

Unread 11-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats !!! amazing guitar, no doubts
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Beautiful guitar, as we've come to expect! Congrats, dude.
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
ss.org Addict

DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Gorgeous. I would love to own one of these someday. Congratulations!
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
GuitarherHoe

rgk7 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Nice!
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

maximummetal288 is just really nicemaximummetal288 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Wow, those guitars are such a work of art! I love those dark wood finishes that look like a real elegant piece of furniture.
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
GAS problems

SamSam is just really niceSamSam is just really nice
Build time just over a month, that's insane

Beautiful instrument you have there.
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
Gives Life Meaning

White Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ME WANTNOW

Unread 11-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #9

LordCoven is just really niceLordCoven is just really nice
Congrats man \m/
Welcome to the BlackDro´d owners club LOL
Cheers,
C
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
Banned

CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/CooleyJr is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Damn dude NICE! Every time I look at a NHGD (New ......... Guitar Day) I'm always even more surprised with his work! Can't wait until the day I'll own one
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

Swarth is just really niceSwarth is just really nice
Congratulations, that guitar looks stunning!

Can't wait for mine
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

MaKo┤s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo┤s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo┤s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo┤s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo┤s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo┤s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo┤s Tethan is shredding to new heights.
I really really want a BlackDro´d, I hate to live so far from Europe, congrats dude, freakin great guitar!!

Unread 11-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #13
SS.Org's Irish Guy

777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of
VIDEO!!!!!!!

Huf is proably the most consistantly excellent luthier ive come across on the boards, really treats each guitar as his baby \m/
Unread 11-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #14
LRRG

asphyx123 is just really niceasphyx123 is just really nice
Some more Huf-fun

Unread 11-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #15
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
awesome video!!!!
Unread 11-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Euthanasia is a jewel in the rough
OMGGGGGGGG
Unread 11-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Congrats man! Very awesome guitar you have there. I wish I had enough money to have Patrick build me a 7! Your a lucky man!

Unread 11-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #18
Shrederick

Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Damn. I didn't install my Blackdro´d random compliment generator on this machine, so I'll have to do it by hand.

It's yet another fantastic guitar, as usual coming from Patrick.

Enjoy the new guitar, mate!
Unread 11-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #19
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
shhhhit, son! it┤s awesome!

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
Unread 11-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #20
SS Contributor

shadowlife is a glorious beacon of lightshadowlife is a glorious beacon of lightshadowlife is a glorious beacon of light
Pure win.

"There's no reason for a guitarist to have a big ego. You should love the instrument more than wanting to be a rock star."- Randy Rhoads
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #21
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Nice video!!

Unread 11-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #22
Tube & Analog Snob

TomPerverteau is just really niceTomPerverteau is just really nice
Nice turnaround time! I liked reading a positive report on a good, honest luthier.
Unread 11-15-2009, 02:54 AM   #23
Djavli te ponesli

El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Another great looking .........., congrats.

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Unread 11-15-2009, 03:01 AM   #24
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Shred View Post
Damn. I didn't install my Blackdro´d random compliment generator on this machine, so I'll have to do it by hand.

It's yet another fantastic guitar, as usual coming from Patrick.

Enjoy the new guitar, mate!
we have a new universal acronym , the Blacdroid Random Compliment Generator...or BRCG for short!!!!
Unread 11-15-2009, 03:08 AM   #25
SS.org Regular

Omrat is a name known to allOmrat is a name known to allOmrat is a name known to allOmrat is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
very very nice !!!!!
Closed Thread