homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
New clip! (AxeFX + 7680 + addictive drums)

hi guys!

i recorded a clip with a new patch for the AxeFX this time using an ENGL cab impulse which i loaded onto the axefx. It's four tracks with the Recto Red amp model (boosted with the TS808 drive) with the mentioned ENGL cab. No post-processing on guitars at all.

i recorded using addictive drums in logic 8.

feedback is welcome

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/loktide'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=7750160&scid=7750160 &q=hi&ext=1&autoplay=0" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
The Render Of Veils

Daoloth will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sick man totally digging your tone, the beginning reminds me of Nevermore's Final Product.
Daoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
awesome stuff! Gonna have to try the recto red model too, haven't fiddled with that one at all yet.
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
awesome stuff! Gonna have to try the recto red model too, haven't fiddled with that one at all yet.
thx! i've actually never used it neither... until today

it's less scooped and a tad more raw in the mids than the recto new.
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
Banned

daemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What feedback?
I drool on the tone ,clarity and dynamics. That's my feedback!
daemon barbeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

RiffRaff is just really niceRiffRaff is just really nice
I'm currently in a writing rut and you have to post a song with awesome riffage like that.

I really liked it. Those riffs kick ass
RiffRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
great stuff, I like it a lot
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
dotlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon barbeque View Post
What feedback?
I drool on the tone ,clarity and dynamics. That's my feedback!
haha, thx

i think the overall mix and drums still could use some improvement, though
Unread 06-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
Valkyrie Treaty

h8leech is a jewel in the rough
dude..... w...t....f...... amazing, a very mature sound to it man, i for damn sure wouldnt wanna take the stage after hearing that shit! keep it up brother!
h8leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

vontetzianos is a splendid one to beholdvontetzianos is a splendid one to beholdvontetzianos is a splendid one to beholdvontetzianos is a splendid one to beholdvontetzianos is a splendid one to behold
That sounds seriously cool man. Clear, dynamic and powerful. I just CANNOT wait to get my axe fx. Hearing stuff like this only gets me more pumped to get my grubby paws on mine.
vontetzianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
The Fusion Guy!

jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.jacksonplayer is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Nice one! You're getting some great sounds out of the Axe-FX. Since I don't have mine hooked up to the PC very often, I haven't experimented with IR cabs, but I probably should.

Check out my home page: www.councilofone.net
jacksonplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
dotlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
Nice one! You're getting some great sounds out of the Axe-FX. Since I don't have mine hooked up to the PC very often, I haven't experimented with IR cabs, but I probably should.
well, it's definitely worth a try having up to 10 additional cab models in the user slots
Unread 06-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

IconW is just really niceIconW is just really nice
Holy crap! That's truly great piece of production...as I listen through my headphones. Drums need some impros, but guitar tone, (blending) bass and overall mix is top-notch.
Great song too! Very groovy. Me likes!

IconW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #14
dotlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by IconW View Post
Holy crap! That's truly great piece of production...as I listen through my headphones. Drums need some impros, but guitar tone, (blending) bass and overall mix is top-notch.
Great song too! Very groovy. Me likes!
thanks man

i recently got superior 2.0 so i'll be experimenting with that for drums
Unread 06-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

cycloptopus is a jewel in the rough
Very cool, man. Sick riffage, and killer melodic/chordal approach. That AxeFx keeps impressing me more and more.
cycloptopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #16
Stunt Guitarist

moshwitz is just really nicemoshwitz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That sounds awesome brother. I haven't messed with the recto red much either, I've been dickin around more with the FAS modern. I'll have to investigate the R.R. more now.
Is that your own Engl impulse or someone else like Clawfinger or Alu's ?

MOSHON
DAVE
moshwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #17
dotlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshwitz View Post
That sounds awesome brother. I haven't messed with the recto red much either, I've been dickin around more with the FAS modern. I'll have to investigate the R.R. more now.
Is that your own Engl impulse or someone else like Clawfinger or Alu's ?

MOSHON
DAVE
thx man

the cab IR is actually poidaboi's from the sneap forum (ENGL v30 high-presence)
Unread 06-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #18
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nice work bro

It had kind of a Nevermoreish vibe to it as well
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 12:38 AM   #19
dotlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Nice work bro

It had kind of a Nevermoreish vibe to it as well

thx man

well, it wasn't intentionally but i guess it's hard to hide your influences
Unread 06-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #20
((AETOS))

romper_stomper is a glorious beacon of lightromper_stomper is a glorious beacon of lightromper_stomper is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Kinda reminds me of some amon amarth!!!
romper_stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 02:03 AM   #21
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by loktide View Post
well, it's definitely worth a try having up to 10 additional cab models in the user slots
There are so many to choose from now, it's awesome but also a little overwhelming.
I still really dig the ENGL XXL ir that Jocke made.
Unread 06-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #22
dotlike

Quote:
There are so many to choose from now, it's awesome but also a little overwhelming.
I still really dig the ENGL XXL ir that Jocke made.
which one? i initially tried the newer SM57 ENGL XXL with the recto red model (inspired by an awesome clip of jocke using this setting on the AxeFX forum), but it sounded like it would need quite a bit of post EQ/processing
Unread 06-25-2009, 02:43 AM   #23
Sir Paul of the Mosh

It's one of the one he posted quite a while ago that was on his site. There were number of different ones, I think the one I used was with a sennheiser 421 mic (which I am partial to anyway).
I can send it to you if you want, that or the entire collection I have on my HD
Unread 06-25-2009, 03:06 AM   #24
ss.org Regular

windu is a jewel in the rough
sounds sick! nice tone indeed!
windu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 03:07 AM   #25
dotlike

Quote:
I can send it to you if you want, that or the entire collection I have on my HD
thx! gonna check that one out. i have them all, too