homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #76
porkshop sammiches

sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
here are mine, i just uploaded them now.

i think it might be the same impulse collection that was on the front page, but to be honest, i forget where i downloaded it. since i got it, i've added a bunch of stuff to it.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
I went to download it and my code was YAY3

Also the sneap plugins link is expired

ɹıɐ-lǝq pǝllɐɔ uʍoʇ ɐ ɟo ǝɔuıɹd ǝɥʇ ǝɯɐɔǝq ı ʍoɥ noʎ llǝʇ ll,ı
ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇıs ʇsnɾ ǝʇnuıɯ ɐ ǝʞɐʇ oʇ ǝʞıl p,ı puɐ
uʍop ǝpısdn pǝuɹnʇ 'pǝddılɟ ʇoƃ ǝɟıl ʎɯ
ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ llɐ ʎɹoʇs ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ ʍou

OH GOD WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS - DDDorian
sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #77
SS.org Regular

AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Glad i was bored and started clicking around today, I ran across this and tried it out on some of my POD recordings in Logic and they instantly made the guitars sound more like a real miced cab and life like. Very awesome, humans are starting to get pretty damn start to be thinking of shit like this hahaha
x-CRUX-x likes this.
AlexWadeWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 02:12 AM   #78
SS.org Regular

ddtonfire is just really niceddtonfire is just really nice
In December, I toured NASA's Plum Brook facility, which has the largest vacuum chamber in the world - 100 ft diameter and 122 ft high. If you spoke, the reverb lasted a good 30-45 seconds (it was near impossible to have a conversation). Anyhow, I'm trying to imagine what the reverb impulse response would be like for that!!!!!
ddtonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #79
ss.org Regular

MrProg will become famous soon enough
A noob question....when working Impulses in keFir, y turn off my POD Farm cab, but this makes me loose distortion and only a clean signal comes through.

I understand I'm supposed to turn off the cab sim in POD Farm, so how do I fix that issue?

Thanks
MrProg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #80
4/4

FourFour is a jewel in the rough
Ok so, you've turned off the cab sim in POD Farm.

1. Load up an impulse by pressing the load button and selecting an impulse of your choosing.

2. Turn the mix knob to 100%

3. Make sure the sound isn't clipping by adjusting the gain knob.

4. Turn the length knob so that you capture the whole waveform of the impulse.

5. You see that two letters "L" and "R"? They should be illuminated, rather than dark.

Now, if you've done all this and you're still getting the problem. Maybe try turning the gain up on the pod.

Hope this helps.
FourFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #81
Pro Thread Killer

TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TreWatson is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Just started loading up Impulses with KeFIR

sooooo MUCH BETTER THAN BOOGEX!
ayambakar likes this.
TreWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #82
ss.org Regular

thehoodedclaw will become famous soon enough
problem with pod x3 and recabinet

Hi,
i dont know how stupid a question this is so spare me.
ive been using a pod x3 for my guitar tones with recabinet complete. i use an rg 1527 7 string with seymour duncan blackouts tuned to drop A flat. the strings arent too thick i think 10 - 56.
The problem im facing is that with 6 string guitars all tones tweaked or not come out much better with recabinet than with the stock cabinets of the pod x3( there really isnt any comparison at all) but when i tune down low all the tones no matter how much i tweak them sound hollow and lack harmonic response along with being muddy and altogether strange sounding. ive tried all the cabs and all the mic postiions on those cabs, concentrating the tweaking on the more typically used microphones for recording heavily distorted guitars and have constantly had the problem of there not being enough chunk chunk and tight bottom end on the tone. ive also tried using various amp models on the x3 and the problem still seems to persist.
so its either the pod that isnt any good with low tunings and impulses or that im doing something really wrong. any information /suggestions will help.
thanks
thehoodedclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #83
Blood_Lust:Unlimited

op1e is a jewel in the rough
When I try to load VST in Audition 3.0, I choose the folder, click ok, and it asks to open VST plugin manager. I click yes, it opens a window that says "Choose which plugins to select" and nothing is there. What am I doing wrong here?

Ok, SIR works but no luck on Voxengo. Gonna try some tracks.

Help!!! All guitars stolen. Pics and serial numbers here;
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/mem...s-guitars.html

Like my band! BLu

Last edited by op1e; 02-25-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
op1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #84
SS.org Regular

shredfreak is a jewel in the rough
Download & installing everything here atm.

Feel like playing with the TSE preamp model & some pulses tonight
shredfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 05:27 AM   #85
4/4

FourFour is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedclaw View Post
Hi,
i dont know how stupid a question this is so spare me.
ive been using a pod x3 for my guitar tones with recabinet complete. i use an rg 1527 7 string with seymour duncan blackouts tuned to drop A flat. the strings arent too thick i think 10 - 56.
The problem im facing is that with 6 string guitars all tones tweaked or not come out much better with recabinet than with the stock cabinets of the pod x3( there really isnt any comparison at all) but when i tune down low all the tones no matter how much i tweak them sound hollow and lack harmonic response along with being muddy and altogether strange sounding. ive tried all the cabs and all the mic postiions on those cabs, concentrating the tweaking on the more typically used microphones for recording heavily distorted guitars and have constantly had the problem of there not being enough chunk chunk and tight bottom end on the tone. ive also tried using various amp models on the x3 and the problem still seems to persist.
so its either the pod that isnt any good with low tunings and impulses or that im doing something really wrong. any information /suggestions will help.
thanks
Very late response, sorry.

Yea, I find that impulses with the pod don't work very well with low tunings initially. You have to do some post eq work and maybe use a multiband compressor to tame the muddiness. I prefer using the inbuilt pod impulses for low-tuned tight sounding tones because of this. Your strings might be too loose for Drop A, try increasing the gauge.

Depends what kind of sound you're going for anyway... Don't stop experimenting with different impulses and VSTs.

op1e: Not sure about that, bro. I don't use audition.
FourFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #86
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hopefully someone looks here...

KeFir website seems to have gone away It was my prefered Impulse Response - can somebody email it to Goat6@hotmail.co.uk (mono or stereo, both if you have them) or upload it somewhere online please?

Thanks!
EtherealEntity is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #87
SS.org Regular

Tyrant is a jewel in the rough
I just cant get this to work, Im about to smash my keyboard over my head!

It just sounds shitty no matter what I try...

I decided to try this nick crow 8505 to see what its all about. Loaded it up in a track, added impulses (tried with SIR, Kefir and boogex). No matter what I do it just sounds shitty. Help ? Im nooby about this kinda thing.

EDIT: Kinda figured it out on my own... :P
Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 04:03 AM   #88
SS.org Regular

Santuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud of
I am new to impulses, too, I am just about to start usign them.
I was downloading some freeware plugins, but like someone else already mentione Kefir seems to be not available online anymore.
Could anybody who has it send me a copy maybe? Since it's freeware, I don't think this would be illegal in any way.
PM me if you can help, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Lars
Santuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #89
P4

MusicMetalHead is a jewel in the rough
Ow. Totally new to impulses. my head hurts readin all this. oh well. should have som fun with it
MusicMetalHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #90
ss.org Regular

Travmack199 will become famous soon enough
I'm having trouble figuring out how to use the Impulses live with SIR2 It works with playback, but I can't figure out how to hear it live.

bah, I'm using sonar.
Travmack199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #91
SS.org Regular

Espaul is a glorious beacon of lightEspaul is a glorious beacon of lightEspaul is a glorious beacon of light
I'm looking for an impulse of a studio or something that I can use on the drums. Does anybody have one? Or atleast know where I can find one?

You: "I'd like a Coke." Waiter:"Is Pepsi ok?" You: "Is Monopoly money ok?"

http://www.youtube.com/concretenor
Espaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #92
P4

finally got around to downloading sir1 but it wont work. Someone else said that here and they were told to put the dll file in the vst plug in folder of your plug in host. what is a vst? noone ever mentioned that. it wont work at all. do i have to run it on a differant program and if so what? and what in the nine levels of hell is a DAW?
Unread 08-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #93
Formerly Lern2Swim

Ben.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just some info for anyone interested. The Digitech GSP1101 now has 10 slots for user uploadable Impulses in the newest firmware.
LeviathanKiller and ayambakar like this.
Ben.Last is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #94
Breekachu

Nakon14 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alright, I'm brand new to this and I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm running PT 8 M Powered on a Mac, and I have no clue how to install the plug-in! I've done what the readme said to do and I still havent gotten it to work, what should I do?

I've taken the .component file and put it into the Library-Audio-Plugins-Component folder, but nada. Halp?

Stay hungry, stay foolish
Nakon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #95
PTP
SS.org Regular

PTP is a jewel in the rough
Question: Can impulses be applied to tracks that have already been recorded?
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #96
P4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
Question: Can impulses be applied to tracks that have already been recorded?
Yes, if your program allows it. I havn't heard of any that don't but u never know.

For any p4 players out there check out my site: https://sites.google.com/site/p4guitar/
Its kinda small yet, with only a handful of scales and chords, but lots of updates comin soon.
Unread 10-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #97
PTP
SS.org Regular

PTP is a jewel in the rough
Well I'm trying to do that in Garage Band and its not working, but I'm probably doing something wrong.
PTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #98
SS.org Regular

The Honorable is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakon14 View Post
Alright, I'm brand new to this and I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm running PT 8 M Powered on a Mac, and I have no clue how to install the plug-in! I've done what the readme said to do and I still havent gotten it to work, what should I do?

I've taken the .component file and put it into the Library-Audio-Plugins-Component folder, but nada. Halp?
I have this same problem with LAConvolver. I've been reading up on Impulses for couple days now trying to figure them out and it seems they are not very friendly to MAC in comparison to PC. I have yet to get it working in Pro Tools LE 8 yet. Too bad cause some of them sound better than my Eleven Rack amp sims.

War is my sheppard.
The Honorable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #99
SS.org Regular

deathsguitarist will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know if there are any cool amp simulators for Mac? Like the LePou sims that I keep hearing awesome stuff from. Where are the Mac plugins?!

And how can I record from my tube amps preamp without using a cab? I know there has to be a load on the power amp.
deathsguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #100
ss.org Regular

Kripa will become famous soon enough
Exclamation my pod farm+impulse tone : a short clip

http://snd.sc/elXNfd

i made this clip using the soldano amp model from pod farm2, used free guitarhack impulse with Kefir. (u can find the patch in the patch library here at the download section, i uploaded it there)
Kripa is offline   Reply With Quote