homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

Nostrildamus will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Impulse recording samples: Wittle it down

I DL'd a butt load of impulses this morning as the recording I have been doing as of late with my XT sounds good, but not good enough. The moment I started fiddling with the impulses I was impressed but simultaneously overwhemlmed.

Does anyone have any favourites and if so, do you have recorded samples of them?

I'd really like some help wittling down the choices to a few "go to" impulses that I can start with and work outwards from. Thus far I'm not sure as to whether or not I should just start with some on-axis stuff and then blend in some off-axis stuff later on in third and fourth tracks.

Give a brother a hand!
Nostrildamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I use a Recabinet impulse the most. He calls it the Ghandi 4x12, EL34 power section, SM57 0.5" away from the speaker grill aimed at the cap of the speaker. So its a Mesa Oversize 4x12 with vintage 30s, and a Randall EL34 power amp. I don't use it with a Pod though.. these clips all use that impulse with my Invader
SoundClick artist: temps - now presenting a groove in the key of Z minor

This one I think I used a recabinet Marshall impulse instead

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
double post

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
kvlt

7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold7deadlysins666 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I haven't downloaded a whole lot of impulses yet. (Also my recording software is freaking out, so I can't mess with it at the moment) but I Really like using a Matchless 2x12 Left, and Diezel 4x12 Right. SoundClick artist: Chris Stoffel - page with MP3 music downloads the first song Dead By Dawn(Impulse) first song i've ever recorded with impulses. Thats got the Matchless L, Diezel R going on too.
7deadlysins666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

Nostrildamus will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Found it. Thanks so much I'll give 'er a shot and post it if it turns out sounding decent.

For those who are also interested, the patch is found in the ReCabinet Demo Pack and is called:

EL34 57 cap grill.wav

Great samples, btw.
Nostrildamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Guitar Hack and Recabinet are pretty much the popular choices.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote