homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
SS Contributor

Drache713 is a splendid one to beholdDrache713 is a splendid one to beholdDrache713 is a splendid one to beholdDrache713 is a splendid one to beholdDrache713 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Anybody know where to get Cubase cheap?

I currently have ProTools LE 7.4, and I just picked up Sonar 6 Studio Edition for $60. My plan is to also get Cubase and compare the 3 and keep the one I like most. My problem is I can't find Cubase anywhere cheap at all! I can't even find a working cracked or free version (not condoning it, just stating it's that hard to find). I'm looking to get either Cubase SX3 or Cubase 4 (not sure about the differences between Studio, Essential, and the regular full blown version). The cheapest I have found is $300 for a competitive crossgrade for Cubase Studio 4, and I really don't feel like paying that much. Anybody know where I can get Cubase for cheap...or free?

.... it, you only live once!
Personal Myspace page
Band Myspace page
Drache713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
demonoid

jym
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
the black wizards

Ze Kink is just really niceZe Kink is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah, torrent. I don't see anything bad in trying it out with a pirated version.

Also, you might want to check out Reaper too. I just got mine and I'm loving it. I used to use a warezed Cubase SX3, and I don't feel I've "downgraded" at all, even though Cubase is ~500 and Reaper is ~30 (paid 27 for mine).
Ze Kink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

nine squares is a jewel in the rough
Also take a look at the new prices from Steinberg because they have just lowered their prices quite a bit. I think its a way of competing with Logic from apple.

The difference between the Studio 4 version and the actual Cubase 4 isnt that big imo. things like "control room" function and some track-relating thing is the most noticeable. you can do a simple comparison at steinberg and see exactly what differs.

iMac 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo
Apogee Duet
Logic 8
KrK Rokit 5
PodX3
nine squares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
Banned

Scali is just really niceScali is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I use the freebie Cubase LE that I got with my Zoom G9.2tt (and again with my E-mu 0404 USB).
I think it's actually cheaper to get a piece of hardware with Cubase LE bundled than to buy the cheapest version of Cubase separately
It's even included with various Soundblasters, so you may be able to get it for around $100 or less?
Scali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #6

Ruins is a name known to allRuins is a name known to allRuins is a name known to allRuins is a name known to all
from my experience the LE is pain in the ass. it works great with some sound cards and it works not so great or barely at all with others.
for example i have ESI Juli@ great soundcard for the price and i just fail to get any sound with cubase LE my guitar player got hims elf 2 weeks ago Juli@ also and got the LE with it and it was the same story i could record he could see the wave but he couldn't force it in any configuration to sound at all.
Ruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
Banned

That's probably a problem with the soundcard drivers.
Cubase LE uses ASIO, like most professional audio software.
Steinberg (the company that makes Cubase) actually invented the whole ASIO driver system, so Cubase LE works fine with ASIO drivers, as long as the drivers are okay.
I have used Cubase LE with my Zoom G9.2tt, my Terratec EWX 24/96 and my E-mu USB 0404, and they all worked flawlessly.
Unread 08-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #8

Ruins is a name known to allRuins is a name known to allRuins is a name known to allRuins is a name known to all
as i said some cards work great and some less great.
i didn't go in to details of drivers and ASIO driver i just mentioned this all as "he couldn't force it in any configuration"
any way everything works just fine with all the other programs that i have tried that use ASIO driver
Unread 08-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
Banned

You seemed to be blaming Cubase for things not working. Which is not right.
Unread 08-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #10

i am blamming cubase LE every other version of cubase that i have tried had no issues at all with every driver and card drivers version.
Unread 08-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #11
???

Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.Blexican is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Matt: PM me.

"Personally I see no great issues with ocularly penetrating someone.
The advantages are they can sing you songs while you're having
intercourse. Imagine a round of "row row row your boat" while you're
plowing the shit out of her skull."
-JJ Rodriguez
Blexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #12
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ebay
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruins View Post
i am blamming cubase LE every other version of cubase that i have tried had no issues at all with every driver and card drivers version.
That seems unlikely because there is no difference in how the various versions of Cubase handle ASIO drivers.
I should know, I wrote an ASIO driver (which you do with the ASIO driver development kit from Steinberg, that's right, the same Steinberg that makes Cubase, they invented the ASIO interface... they also invented the VST interface, while we're at it).
It's not Cubase LE, period.