homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

NOCrg7321 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dfh superior problems...

i just recently bought dfh superior and it does sound very good, but my computer has a lot of trouble running it with other vst's that i use for keyboard sounds. i have enough ram i am assuming (2 gigs) but im not so sure about my processor(an older intel pentium 4 3.0ghz w/ hyper thread). does anyone know which intel socket 775 processors are really good for recording?
NOCrg7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
Sir Mix-A-Lot

KaLeVaLA is just really niceKaLeVaLA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i would think that your computer would manage to run DFHS and other vst`s at the same time with no trouble.

I use the Intel Quad2 Core processor...its absolutely wicked safe!

http://www.soundclick.com/kalevala

Kalevala name is now in the past...my new name for this project is : Blessing in disguise ! Or BID if you like

http://www.myspace.com/bidband1
KaLeVaLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Mechanical Thunder

Shikaru is a splendid one to beholdShikaru is a splendid one to beholdShikaru is a splendid one to beholdShikaru is a splendid one to beholdShikaru is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Have you tried the 16-bit and/or TPC modes in the construction window? I find they really help when programming and then you can bounce it down for full quality once you're happy with the drums.
Shikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
If your multi track software allow it, just freeze the track (ie : prerender the track in a wav file) so your computer don't have to render it in real time.

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

NOCrg7321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLeVaLA View Post
i would think that your computer would manage to run DFHS and other vst`s at the same time with no trouble.

I use the Intel Quad2 Core processor...its absolutely wicked safe!
i would think that it should run fine too, but there are always these really random cpu spikes everywhere but thanks for the advice! i was actually wondering about purchasing a dual/ quad core cpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikaru View Post
Have you tried the 16-bit and/or TPC modes in the construction window? I find they really help when programming and then you can bounce it down for full quality once you're happy with the drums.
no, actually, but i totally forgot that those features were even there haha, thanks i'll try it and see what's up.

Last edited by NOCrg7321; 02-04-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
NOCrg7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Sir Mix-A-Lot

KaLeVaLA is just really niceKaLeVaLA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikaru View Post
That should def. work out!
Thats what they reccommend on toontrack if you dont have a too powerfull computer to run it with!

http://www.soundclick.com/kalevala

Kalevala name is now in the past...my new name for this project is : Blessing in disguise ! Or BID if you like

http://www.myspace.com/bidband1
KaLeVaLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
Carvin Zealot

keithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
If your multi track software allow it, just freeze the track (ie : prerender the track in a wav file) so your computer don't have to render it in real time.
keithb is offline   Reply With Quote