homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Dylan S is just really niceDylan S is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Recording - At the gates content, please listen!!! Melodic DEATH metal

Hey guys,

Since I figured out how to export the midi drums from guitar pro into EZdrummer, I've wanted to cover lots and lots of songs, because I'm lazy and get bored programming drums.

Here is a little experiment of tone, and fun, etc. It's my Marshall for all the rhythms (with my zw-44 and my Hellraiser), the soldano model in my toneport for leads, and a bass model from the toneport for the bass.

I had a lot of fun doing this, and I'll do the whole thing sometime sort of soon (when I learn the rest...even some bits on this aren't right, I leave out so many triplets haha)

<a href='http://media.putfile.com/Slaughter-of-the-soul-tonetest'>Click here to watch 'Slaughter-of-the-soul-tonetest'</a>

EDIT: Full version with digital modelling
<a href='http://media.putfile.com/SLAUGHTER-OF-THE-SOUL-DIGITAL'>Click here to watch 'SLAUGHTER-OF-THE-SOUL-DIGITAL'</a>

Expect a 'this sacrament' by Nevermore cover (complete) in the next few weeks, but there might be some ENGL powerball in there (my buddy's).
Dylan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Won't play for me

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 11:36 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Give it a try now.

I forget the code on this forum is different to other forums I visit.
Unread 01-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Such a good song. Sounds pretty good actually, nice job.
Xaios is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

Thankyou.

I gotta get better at EQ'ing drums though.
Unread 01-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #6
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Yeah, the drums were a bit on the thin side. But hell, it's MIDI, what can ya do...

Guitars sound great though, nice and meaty.
Xaios is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

Thankyou.

I like people realising Marshalls can sound quite good, but I still want an ENGL.
Unread 01-31-2008, 04:29 AM   #8
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Really nice, I like it
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2008, 05:14 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

Thanks!

I'm in the process of doing one with MUCH better drums and completely digital instruments, because I wanted to finish off the one I just posted, but my family is all asleep now so no loud guitars. I'll do it in a few days.

Man the new drums are going to be way better!
Unread 01-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
ss.org Regular

Deschain is a jewel in the rough

nice playing man!
Deschain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2008, 02:53 PM   #11
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
And some vocals to finish this puppy off!

Sounds great!

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

Thanks everyone. Here is the complete digital version...

<a href='http://media.putfile.com/SLAUGHTER-OF-THE-SOUL-DIGITAL'>Click here to watch 'SLAUGHTER-OF-THE-SOUL-DIGITAL'</a>

The tone I think isn't as good, but the drums and stuff are better, and it's complete!

I'll do a full amped version later and produce it really well.
Unread 01-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #13
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
The putfile player thing isn't working on my computer....

Argbadh - RHLC©
Unread 01-31-2008, 03:09 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

I fixed it and it should now.
Unread 01-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #15
Classy
Super Moderator

Definitely a lot better!

Argbadh - RHLC©
Unread 01-31-2008, 10:58 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

<a href='http://media.putfile.com/Complete-digital-cover---slaughter-of-the-soul'>Click here to watch 'Complete-digital-cover---slaughter-of-the-soul'</a>

Digital version with my vox.

First time I've ever recorded my vox, and sort of the first time I ever tried death vox seriously, so be gentle please people.

I think the guitar tone isn't as good as micing my amp, but the drums and overall production are better.
Unread 01-31-2008, 11:51 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

Axel is a jewel in the rough
At the Gates is one of my all time favourite bands and their album "Slaughter of the Soul" is also an all time favourite
Good job. I'm not really sure why you change the main riff when the drums come in the though, it's supposed to be the same as the intro. I think the ending is a little off too. The other subtle changes you did sounded pretty cool though.
I'd love a downloadable instrumental version for fun The highlight of my life is singing the chorus to "Cold" for them when they came to South Florida many years ago and then Tomas giving me the thumbs up!
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #18
Classy
Super Moderator

Sounds great! Good for a first time attempt at death vox. Keep it up.

Argbadh - RHLC©
Unread 02-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
At the Gates is one of my all time favourite bands and their album "Slaughter of the Soul" is also an all time favourite
Good job. I'm not really sure why you change the main riff when the drums come in the though, it's supposed to be the same as the intro. I think the ending is a little off too. The other subtle changes you did sounded pretty cool though.
I'd love a downloadable instrumental version for fun The highlight of my life is singing the chorus to "Cold" for them when they came to South Florida many years ago and then Tomas giving me the thumbs up!
I change it just for fun. I like to play things a bit differently for no real reason other than it feels more comfortable for me sometimes.

I came in a few bars too early with the outro vox but I like doing it like that because I can try to hold the last growl for a while. Purely me having fun and nothing else.

I might put up a downloadable version when I do it with good guitars - maybe 1 or 2 days!