homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Band broke up, and i'm PISSED

So I came up with a (very) short clip of something I came up with when I got home.

I was thinking of one of the new Meshuggah song I heard, and kinda played on it a bit until I made my own riff out of it. So I'm basically just ....in' around but I thought It came out awesome.

Don't complain about the mix, I was lazy with the drums, and I only recorded it to share so it's not like the mix matters or anything.

Used my TonePort for this, with the bigbottom patch from the MetalShop upgrade.
I recorded it on my Schecter, and is the first time I've recorded with my M7 in the bridge. It's the most harmonically rich pickup i've ever played. And suprisingly it's LESS djenty than the JB that was in it before hand (Not a bad thing, the JB had NO note definition.) And from what i'm told... Ceramic magnets are supposed to be harsh on the top end compared to alnico... But this pickup is WARMER and smoother than the JB o_0...

So anyway...
(the title is short for 'untitled thus far' cause i don't have a name for it)

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/themissing'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=6210696&scid=6210696 &q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
If I had long hair, I'd be windmilling.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If I had long hair, I'd be windmilling.
Me too. I miss my long hair.

...I also miss my band and it's only been a few hours since our falling out.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 01-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sounds brutal.

Why'd your band break up?
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Definitely rough in places, but it pulls together into a solid groove at the end there.

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #6
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Sounds brutal.

Why'd your band break up?
Drummer quit, basically had problems with another member, and I kinda sorta agreed with him anyway... So I guess it was time to move on. I'm still cool with the drummer. We'll see what the future holds.

And I wish they made some sweet looking clips of some sort that I could stick onto the strings between the bridge and the String-thru holes. Cause I can here the strings vibrating when I hit the palm mutes at the end, kind of a high pitched rake noise I guess. I used to put tape on them to silence them up, but how cool with a capo-like device with foam that latched onto the strings with a nickel plated skull in the middle with red LED eyes be?! (Anyone have equipment to mock up a prototype??? That would be awesome!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post
Definitely rough in places, but it pulls together into a solid groove at the end there.
Yeah, I wasn't trying. It was all done in one take. I mainly recorded it so I didn't forget it, but then I thought it would be fun to share. So I lazily mocked up drums and hit render.

I'll do it for real during the week as I expand on it!

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 01-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #7
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissing View Post
And I wish they made some sweet looking clips of some sort that I could stick onto the strings between the bridge and the String-thru holes. Cause I can here the strings vibrating when I hit the palm mutes at the end, kind of a high pitched rake noise I guess. I used to put tape on them to silence them up, but how cool with a capo-like device with foam that latched onto the strings with a nickel plated skull in the middle with red LED eyes be?! (Anyone have equipment to mock up a prototype??? That would be awesome!)
Dude, that's an awesome idea. If you ever manage to make that happen, you could make a decent living selling them

Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't trying. It was all done in one take. I mainly recorded it so I didn't forget it, but then I thought it would be fun to share. So I lazily mocked up drums and hit render.

I'll do it for real during the week as I expand on it!
Yeah, I know the process well Most of my demos are like that to some degree (i.e. they're pretty rough but they're just a demo so I don't care ). Can't wait to hear the finished product

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
:ubersquint:

OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.
Is it just me or did that have a Tool-ish vibe to it?

Awesome.

You've got your head down
You've got your eyes closed
You look so pitiful now

Your body encrusted with ash
Breath heavy with toxins
Hair singed and matted
Clothes frayed and burnt

You are left with nothing
OzzyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #9
lurkin'.

_detox is a glorious beacon of light_detox is a glorious beacon of light_detox is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyC View Post

Awesome.
Agreed. Slowed down a tad with the clean and some more chorus and whatnot, that could totally be a sweet Tool riff.
_detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #10
Ibanez Fanboy

amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I haven't heard the new Meshuggah yet, but man that was full of djent-y goodness.
amonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #11
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyC View Post
It's the clean tone in the beginning. It sounds like a bass guitar (I used the big bottom patch but turned the gain WAY down and coil tapped) so It has a thickness to it. But it was the tone that when I played back over my speakers I thought the same thing.

I don't mind being compared to tool

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 01-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #12
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
you listened to Combustion, didn´t you?

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
you listened to Combustion, didn´t you?
It's a combination of that and Pravus.

It's actually a deviation of Pravus. And not nearly as complicated.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 01-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #14
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
yeah, i figured it kinda sounded like that as well :P

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #15
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Nats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of light
what part of jersey you from?
Nats is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #17
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nats View Post
what part of jersey you from?
PM'd

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 01-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #18
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That was badass.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #19
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
That was badass.
Thank you!

I've been working on writing more riffs for it, but it's turning out to be difficult. But I'll come up with something soon. Hopefully by weeks end.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 02-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #20
Manager / RHLC ©

skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.
It sounds very powerfull

Back to da 'hood (sevenstring.org)
skinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #21
SS.org Regular

thedonutman is a glorious beacon of lightthedonutman is a glorious beacon of lightthedonutman is a glorious beacon of light
I didn't really like the intro, but then the awesomeness kicked in around the same time the drums did.
thedonutman is offline   Reply With Quote