homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #1
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thumbs up New Fast(ish) Heavy Song \m/

Just finished this one not too long ago. I think this is my best one yet. Got me some heavy riffing going on

Tell me what ya think!

Called "Untitled 02" ...too burnt out to think of some vicious name for it atm, along with all the other ones

MySpace.com - Bobby [guitarist looking for metal band] - San Jose, California - Metal / Thrash / Metal - www.myspace.com/bobbylopezmetal

added to soundclick

SoundClick artist: Bobby Lopez Metal - Heavy Metal

Updated soundclick

Another update

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-30-2007, 03:55 AM   #2
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The mix sounds a little muffled and far away, so it's hard to hear what the guitars are doing clearly. Neat stuff, though!

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 03:59 AM   #3
Ibanez Fanboy

amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAwesome View Post
The mix sounds a little muffled and far away, so it's hard to hear what the guitars are doing clearly. Neat stuff, though!
Could that be Myspace doing it's "I'm gunna mess with your mp3 thing"?

Anyways some cool riffage! And I love how it mellowed out
amonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 04:43 AM   #4
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quite nice, but as Tom said it could be better sounding
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #5
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Thanks dudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonb View Post
Could that be Myspace doing it's "I'm gunna mess with your mp3 thing"?
That and I suck at recording so it doesn't help any.

Added a soundclick, maybe it'll sound better

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi

Last edited by B Lopez; 11-30-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Less gain, and then tightly multitrack. Less gain will get rid of that top end scratchy fizz, plus it'll make it sound puchier.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 04:06 PM   #7
Vescere bracis meis.

Thanks 7DT, this is the result. I'm much happier

UNSCARED

Unread 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #8
ss.org Regular

smueske is a jewel in the rough
You know, the guitar part sounds great. The drums are really flat, though, and boxy sounding. If you improved the drum sound the track would really snap into place. My advice, for whatever it's worth is to work on compression, EQ, and reverb on the drums -- that will pull the guitar forward.

Digging it, tho!
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #9
Vescere bracis meis.

Thanks. I dont really know how to do that stuff with ezdrummer though, so I'm out of luck atm unless you or someone else can help me.

Alright, I figured out the drums.

Yet another update:

UNSCARED

Last edited by B Lopez; 11-30-2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:07 PM   #10
ss.org Regular

smueske is a jewel in the rough
That's a huge improvement! Now get some bass in there and you'll be whooping some ass!

Steve
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #11
Ibanez Fanboy

amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Dude, that's kicking arse! The guitars seem to have lost a bit of presence since the original mix but the whole thing " sits" better!

amonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 01:33 AM   #12
Vescere bracis meis.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smueske View Post
That's a huge improvement! Now get some bass in there and you'll be whooping some ass!

Steve
Thanks. But there is bass in it At least I'll know what to work on next.

UNSCARED