homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #76
Guitar Buying Frenzy!

Shorty is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just found the MP3 I downloaded of this your soundclick.

Constant repeat on headphones at work. Damn.. I want to be this good!!!

Played it to my friends at work who wanted to know who this badass band was and can they buy it on itunes/store

----- Signature Below -----
Originally Posted by Vova:
[16:46] Vova: it's impossible here to get a producer here if you are not hot girl with big boobs and awesome ass that can do great blow job.......or you are not a gay that will agreed for buttse for money and stege
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #77
2[H]4U

m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hate to bump this thread, but did anyone happen to save this version of the song with Jake on vocals? I want to hear it again.
m3ta1head is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #78
Custom User Title

mnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
aw damn, i saw this thread and i thought it was a 3rd version of icarus lives with the new guy's vocals

anywho, i have the jake version on my computer, but i'm on my moms computer later. i'll upload it if bulb doesn't have any problems with that?
mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #79
ss.org Regular

Karnidge will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can't finds the song blub
Karnidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #80
2[H]4U

m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/m3ta1head is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
aw damn, i saw this thread and i thought it was a 3rd version of icarus lives with the new guy's vocals

anywho, i have the jake version on my computer, but i'm on my moms computer later. i'll upload it if bulb doesn't have any problems with that?
Aha shit, sorry dude

If bulb is cool with it, definitely upload it!
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #81
SS.org Regular

Nats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Badass bulber. Vox are kinda Earth Crisisy to me. Nice hardcore feel to it.
i said the same thing in another thread after casey got in the band and butchered the song. jake's vox were my fav
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #82
ペヤングマン

Zak1233 is a name known to allZak1233 is a name known to allZak1233 is a name known to allZak1233 is a name known to all
.... sake i was expecting new vocals on this should of made a new thread lol
Zak1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #83
ss.org Regular

noodleplugerine is a jewel in the rough
Awwwww caught me too
noodleplugerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #84
2[H]4U

There's only one way to fix this problem-have chris sing icarus lives
Unread 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #85
ペヤングマン

Zak1233 is a name known to allZak1233 is a name known to allZak1233 is a name known to allZak1233 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ta1head View Post
There's only one way to fix this problem-have chris sing icarus lives
Zak1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #86
Custom User Title

mnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to all
mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #87
2[H]4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
You are a god among men.

edit:
Unread 01-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #88

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
actually if its alright could you guys just email it to each other, jake is a part of Periphery that we are encouraging everyone to forget because we want absolutely nothing to do with him
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #89
Sir Groove-A-Lot

Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.
Oh dear I didn't think things got that sour man. Band politics =

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just a ....ing lunatic" - Stephen Fry

Recording. Mixing. Mastering. ReAmping. Editing
Mattayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #90
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Just to make things clear, you guys have/had another non-singer-type member named Jake, yeah? I need to pay more attention.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #91
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
I had never heard this version before. Were the vocal lines re-written when Casey joined the band or it was who made them? If it's the later, I can see I will *really* miss him . Unless Chris is just as brilliant songwritingwise

My signal path (on the works): Schecter KM-7 > Axe Fx Ultra
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #92
2[H]4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
actually if its alright could you guys just email it to each other, jake is a part of Periphery that we are encouraging everyone to forget because we want absolutely nothing to do with him
jeez, sorry to hear that. I didn't think he left on such a bad note.
Unread 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #93
ss.org Irregular

Zand3 is a jewel in the rough
The link is just going to the main soundclick page with no sight of an Icarus with vocals. I'm gonna cry metal.
Zand3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #94

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ta1head View Post
jeez, sorry to hear that. I didn't think he left on such a bad note.
we tried to end things on as good a note as possible, but then he did some shit which was inexcusable, and then when we told him that he was burning a bridge he didnt seem to care in the least, so it was his call and his loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang-Drax View Post
I had never heard this version before. Were the vocal lines re-written when Casey joined the band or it was who made them? If it's the later, I can see I will *really* miss him . Unless Chris is just as brilliant songwritingwise
nah casey completely rewrote the song and made it brilliant

and in fact for jakes version he had lyrics for the song but no good phrasing for it.
i was the one who had to arrange all the vocal patterns, but jake couldnt get them on the spot, so i recorded myself talking the patterns over the song, put it on a cd so he could learn it and a week later i tracked him.

Last edited by bulb; 01-10-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #95
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow, I suspected there must have been something like that going on. That sucks

But, such is the past, and the future looks epic and that's all that matters

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #96
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
awesome
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #97
ss.org Regular

serchnetx will become famous soon enough
i can't listen to it, the link keep sending me to the main soundclick page!!! what should i do?
serchnetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #98
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
can´t wait to hear your new guy singing casey´s version (if you´re still keeping that?).

the only thing that was ever good about jake´s version was the "sky keeps calling my name" part, and that´s easily overdone by casey´s melody lines and "sheer elation" thingy. i love that :P

part of me feels that the vocals for Light should be more "sinister" or whatever you wanna call it. it sounds too happy and upbeat for the melancholy present in the instrumental.

that´s just my nickel and a half though :P

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #99
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by serchnetx View Post
i can't listen to it, the link keep sending me to the main soundclick page!!! what should i do?
Read the rest of the thread.

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #100
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
can´t wait to hear your new guy singing casey´s version (if you´re still keeping that?).

the only thing that was ever good about jake´s version was the "sky keeps calling my name" part, and that´s easily overdone by casey´s melody lines and "sheer elation" thingy. i love that :P

part of me feels that the vocals for Light should be more "sinister" or whatever you wanna call it. it sounds too happy and upbeat for the melancholy present in the instrumental.

that´s just my nickel and a half though :P
The 'sheer elation' part, IMO, is the climax of the song . Casey's version of Icarus Lives is also my favorite Periphery song so far... I really really hope they keep it!

I kinda the vocals for Light. At most, I feel that you guys could tune half a step down - Chris seems to have a somewhat lower voice. I still like it the way it is, and I'm glad they chose someone with a rock style rather than a metal one (for cleans, I mean). It sounds less obvious that way, and I love the contrast

My signal path (on the works): Schecter KM-7 > Axe Fx Ultra
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote