homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By niffnoff
  • 1 Post By Explorer
  • 1 Post By fwd0120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

c4nc3el is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good Free Drum Program?

I happen to be short a drummer for this entire summer, and Im not very good myself, so does anyone know any good drum programs that happen to be free?
c4nc3el is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
Just another SunBro

niffnoff is a jewel in the rough
Off the top of my head your only best bet is to spend money dude, on like EzDrummer the cheapest half decent one I can tolerate. Shouldn't break the bank too much.
Michael T likes this.

I used to be an arrow like you
But then I took a rock to the knee
Soundcloud was arrow to the knee
Facebook Music Page
niffnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
johnny

shnizzle is a jewel in the rough
you could also look for free drum sampler plugin to load free drum samples onto. than mix them in your DAW.
shnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Funny, I've been thinking of making a move to a drum program from my old Roland R8mkII, and it seemed like Superior Drummer (yes, more expensive than EZ Drummer) was the only thing which would get me in the ballpark for what I wanted. I was hoping something would be suggested for free which would get me in the ballpark, but that didn't happen.... *laugh*
niffnoff likes this.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Bipedal Hominid

fwd0120 is a glorious beacon of lightfwd0120 is a glorious beacon of lightfwd0120 is a glorious beacon of light
Addictive drums demo is good. Cheap versions of EZ and BFD. General MIDI soundfonts can be a good way to go as well.
Randyrhoads123 likes this.

"basically by saying "a rg neck will look awesome on an sg body" your saying " megan fox's head would look great on drew cary's body."" - aslsmm

My soundclick music. (genre : shonocore): http://www.soundclick.com/frankwilliamdremel

I play Phrygian in a vacuum b5
fwd0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Just another SunBro

niffnoff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
Funny, I've been thinking of making a move to a drum program from my old Roland R8mkII, and it seemed like Superior Drummer (yes, more expensive than EZ Drummer) was the only thing which would get me in the ballpark for what I wanted. I was hoping something would be suggested for free which would get me in the ballpark, but that didn't happen.... *laugh*
Depends on how patient one is I guess, I used to use EZ drummer for so long, but Superior drummer (which I use now) is just the warhorse for most people now.

But for people who want half decent sounds EZ Drummer with the newer expansions (Metal Machine) are almost just as good.

I used to be an arrow like you
But then I took a rock to the knee
Soundcloud was arrow to the knee
Facebook Music Page
niffnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Bipedal Hominid

fwd0120 is a glorious beacon of lightfwd0120 is a glorious beacon of lightfwd0120 is a glorious beacon of light
I'll be honest, most folks here learn towards the toontrack stuff, which is cool - but for the same price as EZ, you can get BFD Eco by FXpansion. That program is some very flexible stuff! You can get any sounds out that that thing, almost as tweakable as SD2.0

Here is one tune I did with them:

SoundClick artist: Frank William Dremel - page with MP3 music downloads

(^We can't embed those!?!)

"basically by saying "a rg neck will look awesome on an sg body" your saying " megan fox's head would look great on drew cary's body."" - aslsmm

My soundclick music. (genre : shonocore): http://www.soundclick.com/frankwilliamdremel

I play Phrygian in a vacuum b5
fwd0120 is offline   Reply With Quote