homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By WhiteWalls
  • 1 Post By WhiteWalls
  • 1 Post By jon66

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Truth Over Triumph

L1ght is just really niceL1ght is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Some help with interface?

Hey all, I got my new interface setup, and when I use the mixer/control panel that came with the interface I can hear the guitar extremely well, but for some reason I can't get it to work with Cubase. I have the SE 4 version I believe.

When I started it up it said this error: "Impossible to record audio because the Audio Input is not active. Open the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Setup dialog. Make sure that a device is selected in the Input Ports section and that the checkbox is activated."

Now I have no idea what the hell all that means, but on my interface(konnekt 6), I have it set to Input on both the Input and Monitor sections.

Can anyone help me out? lol. Thanks!

"if you pizza when you french fries, you're gonna have a bad time." - capoeiraesp
L1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Just another SunBro

niffnoff is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are there any other options in the ASIO, my POD UX1 is it's own asio that may be what yours could be.

You armed your tracks in cubase? (the big button next to the speaker like icon in the tracks section)

I used to be an arrow like you
But then I took a rock to the knee
Soundcloud was arrow to the knee
Facebook Music Page
niffnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Truth Over Triumph

Actually yes, the TC Near ASIO, and I have that enabled. Still no sound recording though. Like I can hear the guitar through my headphones, but then when I hit the play button in Cubase I can't hear anything. Not even through my speakers.

:/

"if you pizza when you french fries, you're gonna have a bad time." - capoeiraesp
Unread 05-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
Truth Over Triumph

Okay, so I've figured some of it out. In the activity window, when I play what I recorded, it shows activity, I just can't hear what I record. Not really sure wtf is the problem. I have it set to mono and eveything and I still can't hear anything.

Unread 05-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Do you have playback in your Cubase setup correct?

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
Truth Over Triumph

Maybe not? Could you help me with that? I have no clue how to setup anything in Cubase and their forums aren't even that helpful. I'll Google it though.

Thanks dude!

Unread 05-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
I don't have cubase, but generally when you can't hear yourself it is because you don't have audio playback set for your sound card or whatever your speakers are connected to. Could be wrong there is definitely a myriad of possiblities.

It would be under preferences or settings or something like that I'm sure.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 05-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
Truth Over Triumph

Yeah, I used the Cubase video on youtube and figured out how to playback, but I'm still not getting anything through my headphones. The activity meter in Cubase shows that I am recording/playing, but I still just can't hear anything..

Unread 05-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

Nothing at all even after you record? If you have more than one audio jack I suggest trying more than one. I don't think that is the problem, but my sound card went south and the front audio port had to be moved back to my MOBO to work properly. The only thing I can think of is either a driver problem or your setting aren't quite right.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 05-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #10
Truth Over Triumph

Yeah man still no sound. I also already did that, I tried putting the headphone jack into both left and right monitor output jacks, and still nothing. This is so annoying.

Unread 05-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
Truth Over Triumph

So I figured it out slightly. I can now record and playback, including using the effects and impulses, etc.. but I can't hear myself playing, which I don't like at all. Can anyone help me out with that?

I'm using Reaper by the way, I ditched Cubase because it was just so ....ing annoying. I also had to use the WASAPI Audio system instead of the ASIO, since I couldn't get ANY sound on the ASIO driver. Not sure why, but WASAPI works perfectly to be honest. Other then not being able to hear myself play of course.. :p

Unread 05-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

WhiteWalls is a jewel in the rough
If you can record, can playback but can't hear yourself WHILE you play, it's because you don't have live monitoring on. In reaper it's a little arrow pointing to the right on the bottom right of your track settings, where you have volume, pan etc
L1ght likes this.
WhiteWalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
Truth Over Triumph

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWalls View Post
If you can record, can playback but can't hear yourself WHILE you play, it's because you don't have live monitoring on. In reaper it's a little arrow pointing to the right on the bottom right of your track settings, where you have volume, pan etc
It works! <3

Does anyone know if you can listen to a track and then record on another track at the same time? I guess that's called multitracking? Can you do that with Reaper?

Unread 05-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

WhiteWalls is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ghtChaos View Post
It works! <3

Does anyone know if you can listen to a track and then record on another track at the same time? I guess that's called multitracking? Can you do that with Reaper?
Of course, just keep what you want to listen to on one track and record on a different track
L1ght likes this.
WhiteWalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
Truth Over Triumph

Yep, I got it. Reaper is working wonders for me. Since last night I've figured out a ton of things already just by playing around with all the different buttons. This is the first time I've recorded anything, and tbh, shit is hard when you are multitracking and trying to get everything timed right and into place. Looks like I need more practice. :p

Unread 05-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #16
SS Contributor

jon66 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ghtChaos View Post
Yep, I got it. Reaper is working wonders for me. Since last night I've figured out a ton of things already just by playing around with all the different buttons. This is the first time I've recorded anything, and tbh, shit is hard when you are multitracking and trying to get everything timed right and into place. Looks like I need more practice. :p
Hence all the envy for the guys on this forum who post a ridiculously well written AND mixed track every couple days saying stuff like "just messing around" etc. lol

Keep at it man, it just takes time. We're all in the same boat.
L1ght likes this.
jon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

^^no joke I see people saying things like did this before going to bed and i think to myself this would have taken me weeks

"In Djod We Trust"