homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

aawshred is just really niceaawshred is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Axe Fx II, Superior drummer 2.0, attempts at electronic inclusion. Tips for the mix?

Hey guys, i just recorded this with axe fx II, superior drummer (metal machine with metal foundry cymbals). I used logic pro 9 and all the synth sounds you hear are just from that. I use a charvel So-cal 6 string with Lace Alumatone Deathbuckers. And a fender J bass with ampeg SVX. Any tips for enhancing my mix?

ZOMG HAXORS 1st mix by Echopraxia on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
aawshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
johnny

shnizzle is a jewel in the rough
all in all itīs not bad. the overheads could be louder though. but they also sound very much compressed. might wanna check that. also try putting a plate reverb as send effect on the snare. will work wonders in making it less dry.
shnizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Thanks man, i will try all those things! I'm really looking to get my drum sound optimal so all of that will help me a lot.

Can i just put a plate reverb on the snare channel? What's the significance of sending it to a bus?
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:53 AM   #4
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like dry snares, but hey, that's just me. The overheads definitely need to be louder. Try messing around with the EQ for them as well, and cut a bit of the flubby, weak low-end. As it stands, they sound like 50-year-old cymbals . The kick could use some tightening up, as well.

In terms of composition, I really enjoyed the glitches and the synths, as well as the actual guitar riffs. It's damn good.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

Thanks so much man! Ill work with the cymbals for sure!
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aawshred View Post
Thanks man, i will try all those things! I'm really looking to get my drum sound optimal so all of that will help me a lot.

Can i just put a plate reverb on the snare channel? What's the significance of sending it to a bus?
Plate reverb is a must on snare! Short (less than 1.5seconds) plate is a great and natural sounding way of prolonging the snare transient. Significance of sending it to a bus is just to save CPU power and to maintain the dry snare volume so you won't have to be making up the gain in every turn. It's rare to use the reverb directly on the channel since you want to have multiple reverbs (one reverb only can sound either boring or stupid) on the snare.

I usually have plate reverb, dark room reverb (longer ~2s reverb with lowpass filter set to lower than 3khz), bright room reverb (shorter ~1-1.5s with a HP-filter set to about 500hz so that it won't capture the body of the snare in it), normal room reverb (<1s, filters either off or maybe a low pass filter @ 9khz or something) and sometimes I put a stock hall reverb just to smoothen the other reverbs. Just keep in mind that you want to have the dry snare loud enough so don't put too much verb!
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
Banned

Johnmar can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by aawshred View Post
Hey guys, i just recorded this with axe fx II, superior drummer (metal machine with metal foundry cymbals). I used logic pro 9 and all the synth sounds you hear are just from that. I use a charvel So-cal 6 string with Lace Alumatone Deathbuckers. And a fender J bass with ampeg SVX. Any tips for enhancing my mix?

ZOMG HAXORS 1st mix by Echopraxia on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Will it be possible to make some drums from SD for me?
Johnmar is offline   Reply With Quote