homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TravisMontgomery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

TravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dream Theater - Trial of Tears solo cover

I listened to this song yesterday after not hearing it for years, and I forgot how great this solo is. It's a very underrated Petrucci solo IMO, and ended up being a lot tougher than I expected haha. There's a lot of weird but cool timing and phrasing going on. Anyways, it was fun to play!

- Travis
TravisMontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
fpoon

Larcher is a glorious beacon of lightLarcher is a glorious beacon of lightLarcher is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
digging that tone broheim, you're using the axefx right? which amp model did you use? also, I'm not sure if you remember which amp model you used back when you made the lost woods djent cover? would be amazing to know <3
Larcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

TravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud ofTravisMontgomery has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcher View Post
digging that tone broheim, you're using the axefx right? which amp model did you use? also, I'm not sure if you remember which amp model you used back when you made the lost woods djent cover? would be amazing to know <3
Thanks! Yep, it's the Axe-fx II. It's really a pretty basic patch, and I use it as my live lead tone with Threat Signal.

Comp -> Drive (OD808) -> Amp (USA Lead 2) -> Cab (4x12 Recto V30 RW) -> Delay -> Reverb

Sorry, I don't remember what I used for that cover. I think I used the FAS Modern into a German cab or something like that. I made the patch for that cover, and never really used it after that.
Larcher likes this.
TravisMontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
fpoon

Larcher is a glorious beacon of lightLarcher is a glorious beacon of lightLarcher is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisMontgomery View Post
Thanks! Yep, it's the Axe-fx II. It's really a pretty basic patch, and I use it as my live lead tone with Threat Signal.

Comp -> Drive (OD808) -> Amp (USA Lead 2) -> Cab (4x12 Recto V30 RW) -> Delay -> Reverb

Sorry, I don't remember what I used for that cover. I think I used the FAS Modern into a German cab or something like that. I made the patch for that cover, and never really used it after that.
Great also I think you used an 8 string on that cover yes? Or you down tunned a 7 pretty low, it sounded really low and clear as ...., it was a great djenty tone!
Larcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Every time I hear someone play a DT track or solo or what ever, I always hate myself because I have not heard them in a long time. And when I do listen to them I hate that I cant listen to them all at once but have to spend like 15 hours to listen all the songs I wanted. But the part I hate the most is the moment when I get so inspired that I want to learn a song. Petrucci makes everything look and sound pretty easy, but as I take the guitar to my hand and play a minute the reality hits me and the "easy" part wasn't so easy after all.

So, I'm glad not everybody are not as bad as I am. Very well played.
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote