homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

wasteband is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problem with Interface

To put it simple I have a computer with what I think would be good specs ( 64 bit, 16G ram hex core 3.3 GHz processor) and an m-audio fast track pro going into Reaper 64 bit. The problem is I have only 4 tracks so far being superior , two rhythm channels (all vst effects amp Sims, etc) and a bass with no more than 20 seconds recorded/programmed. When my guitar is through record monitoring (the only way I can hear my guitar with the effects and amp Sims on) it starts to glitch and crackle/pop. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions ? I thought upgrading from a shitty laptop would let me record and mix at lower latencies so maybe its the interface? I dont see why.... it seems like a decent interface.
wasteband is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-11-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Resident Studio Nerd

KingAenarion is a glorious beacon of lightKingAenarion is a glorious beacon of lightKingAenarion is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteband View Post
To put it simple I have a computer with what I think would be good specs ( 64 bit, 16G ram hex core 3.3 GHz processor) and an m-audio fast track pro going into Reaper 64 bit. The problem is I have only 4 tracks so far being superior , two rhythm channels (all vst effects amp Sims, etc) and a bass with no more than 20 seconds recorded/programmed. When my guitar is through record monitoring (the only way I can hear my guitar with the effects and amp Sims on) it starts to glitch and crackle/pop. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions ? I thought upgrading from a shitty laptop would let me record and mix at lower latencies so maybe its the interface? I dont see why.... it seems like a decent interface.
There are a whole miriad of reasons this might be happening.

Firstly, what is the processor, AMD or Intel?

Next, have you got the latest drivers for the interface?

After that, what is your buffer setting at?

Have you tried different USB ports to make sure you're not using a USB 1.1 port?

My band - Ex Curia - Prog in an Opeth meets Karnivool meets Porcupine Tree meets Tool kind of way
KingAenarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

wasteband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAenarion View Post
There are a whole miriad of reasons this might be happening.

Firstly, what is the processor, AMD or Intel?

Next, have you got the latest drivers for the interface?

After that, what is your buffer setting at?

Have you tried different USB ports to make sure you're not using a USB 1.1 port?
1. Its an AMD

2. I believe it is because i got this computer less than 2 months ago, and when I plugged my interface for the first time it just downloaded the driver automatically.

3. My buffer setting is at 256 and it cause huuuuge blips and pops, i have to use ASIO4all because it seems to be better (i dont even understand why that is)

4. None of the ports on this computer are USB 1.1s because this is a custom computer and we asked for only usb 2 and 3 ports. AND I've still tried different ports.
wasteband is offline   Reply With Quote