homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My own 1 hour Test.

Hey guys, just another tune;

Orange by Zackyyyy on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This one was a riff I wrote about a year ago (The starting riff) and have never been able to fit anything to it, so today I sat down and set myself an hour to come up with something and this is it. Yet again, my drums are too loud and there's no bass But I feel like i'm getting better at hearing ugly frequencies floating around in the guitars. The playing is a bit meh, especially those slides. I'm also liking how over the past year I've started to get my own signature sound of writing, it makes me feel all warm inside

Any critisicm guys?

I'm going to try do atleast 1 of these a week, just to force myself to record something, and to sort of follow how I progress. Hopefully (I know i've said this for the last 4 Recording studio threads) I'll get a bass soon, and turn down the damn drums

Anyways, enjoy!

[Fiction] 1:47 pm: she could probably toss a salad with that thing
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Bmp

Edit: Lol, Drunken Bumps at 4 A.M

Unread 03-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Really cool musically man.

Mix-wise, it's hollow. I'd look at the attack settings on your snare compressor(s) and cut some low mid stuff out. That will really make it cut more. Bass would definitely help this a lot...

I dig.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
For Mod

Bump, of the final variety.

Edit: just listened again, it sounded so much better just after finishing it haha, guess my ears were a tad stale. Any tips in how to make a kick sound less clicky and painful to ears haha, also the snare I want a bit more "crack", but any of the frequencies I boost around the high mids/highs section gives it an ugly hiss.. Would tweaking compression help or maybe cut some lower freq to clear it up a bit and allow the snap to come through? Halp, also the guitars aren't as good as they sounded before

Unread 03-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Both of those can be helped by trimming fat from lower mid frequencies.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote