homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Recording Studio
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Recording Studio Discussion on everything recording based, such as mixing, mastering, mics, monitors and other gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #1
SS.Org's Irish Guy

777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Exclamation Toneport users let me hear your recordings!!

i need some toneport clips from you guys as im thinking of getting a Ux2 for xmas for some recording and wana hear how it resaponds and sounds

Thanks In Advance
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
...is bitching

Jerich is a splendid one to beholdJerich is a splendid one to beholdJerich is a splendid one to beholdJerich is a splendid one to beholdJerich is a splendid one to behold
hahah I have purchsed three of these for family memebers and friends..but alas have never used one...i think they are more for beginners and Cover band guys...

Brunetti Amplifiers
Member since 07-02-2004..
Jerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
SS.Org's Irish Guy

777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of
im not a beginner guitar player! but i am a beginner on the recording side of things
Unread 12-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
http://webpages.charter.net/joebob213/HC_Jam.mp3

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 05:26 AM   #5
Banned from Reality

Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerich View Post
hahah I have purchsed three of these for family memebers and friends..but alas have never used one...i think they are more for beginners and Cover band guys...
Or for people wanting to record late at night or early in the morning that don't want to get evicted, and want a variety of tones available to them.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
+1. I'm in no way a modeler fan, but the basic idea of the Toneport is pretty good - a USB recording interface rolled into a modeling preamp. It won't match up to a well-mic'd tube amp running hard in a good room, but it WILL give you a fairly user-friendly recording system that won't piss off the neighbors.

Honestly, I think this is Line6's most interesting product offering.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #7

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
My recent Toneport thread

Toneport clip

Just a thing I did real quick after about two hours with the toneport. I'll try to do some clips with leads and better riffs over the weekend.

I think the Toneport is a great recording tool. Sounds good, and is easy to use. The recording software that comes with it (live lite line 6 edition) seems unnecessarily complicated. I tried it out for a while but went back to Tracktion 2. I also do most of my practicing with it now.
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #8
SS.Org's Irish Guy

but you can mic up your amp and use toneport interface aswell with the mic inputs right?
Unread 12-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #9

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
but you can mic up your amp and use toneport interface aswell with the mic inputs right?
Yep.

But the Toneport models will probably sound better than your Fender miced up.
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2006, 05:31 PM   #10
SS.Org's Irish Guy

thats a given, but when i do get a proper amp ill be able to mic it up